PDA

View Full Version : Another MOT Passed

peterzs
24-09-10, 04:55 PM
I like Nationwide Autocentres, book on line for an MOT and you pay ?27.42. incl VAT.

Thought they would be looking for work, but all passed OK.

Did have 3 advisories, 1, Front and 2,read pads wearing thin.
3, n/s/r tread slightly distorted.

After going round Brands Hatch a few times, think they are correct.

They priced up the replacement pads, Fronts ?100.91, Rears ?116.69,
I've got sets kicking around so will be replacing, sooner, rather than later.

Only hickup was I thought I'd booked up with National Tyres, who looked at me a bit blank when I tried to hand over the keys, gave the game away when I said I'd booked on line. We dont do that, must have been Nationwide.

Lucky they were over the road on the next corner.

Make it easier when they become Halfords Autocenters. Might get the right one. :blush::blush:

:yes::yes::yes::laugh::laugh::laugh:

stamford
24-09-10, 05:12 PM
Good one Pete...................and you daft old ******! :laugh:

deano ZS180
24-09-10, 05:13 PM
Nice one for getting it through :)

peterzs
24-09-10, 05:14 PM
Think I heard, silly old s**, as I drove out of National Tyres!!!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

stamford
24-09-10, 05:15 PM
:laugh: you did ask for that!

peterzs
24-09-10, 05:21 PM
:blush::blush::blush::blush:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ritchy
24-09-10, 05:43 PM
briliiant:D another happy year

Jem
24-09-10, 05:51 PM
Thats good to hear it go through good old dervs...I was going to send mine to a Nationwide place but thought they might be looking for work to be done on the car.

Stuartamc
24-09-10, 06:15 PM
Nice one. If you're worried about a garage wanting an excuse to do work on your car that might not need doing, you could always use the mot centres that councils use. They only do mots at these places, not repairs so it's of no interest to them to suggest work that doesn't need doing yet, if at all. Legally they have to open to the public too so you just have to fid them and book up. Haven't tried it myself yet mind, but sounds good to me anyway. Here's a link about it: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-mot

peterzs
24-09-10, 06:18 PM
Thats what I thought, not just them but any garage selling MOT's cheap.

Think they will make the money up somehow.

Nationwide Autocentres seem OK, didnt put any pressure on to have anything done.

:yes::yes::yes:

daytona365
24-09-10, 06:19 PM
Thats good to hear it go through good old dervs...I was going to send mine to a Nationwide place but thought they might be looking for work to be done on the car.

If you query a fail or advise, you can get them to show you. You dont have to get it done by them.........Although in these harsh economic times, some MOT garages may want the work.

My MOT tester, knows me, and wouldn't dare rip me off. Id stop his discount on any parts he bought off me to start with lol.......:axe:

Maxfly
24-09-10, 06:24 PM
Nice one Peter, that is what they call a good result:)

Jem
24-09-10, 06:25 PM
Nice one. If you're worried about a garage wanting an excuse to do work on your car that might not need doing, you could always use the mot centres that councils use. They only do mots at these places, not repairs so it's of no interest to them to suggest work that doesn't need doing yet, if at all. Legally they have to open to the public too so you just have to fid them and book up. Haven't tried it myself yet mind, but sounds good to me anyway. Here's a link about it: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-mot

Cheers i had heared about the council ones once again there isn't one near me but its allways good to know about these places.

If you query a fail or advise, you can get them to show you. You dont have to get it done by them.........Although in these harsh economic times, some MOT garages may want the work.

My MOT tester, knows me, and wouldn't dare rip me off. Id stop his discount on any parts he bought off me to start with lol.......:axe:

That is true,The person i take mine to now is very good a ex MG mechanic so i do know my zed is in safe hands,Seems to allways know what the problem is before he gets the car on the ramps.

But im crossing my fingers that i might be moving before my next mot so i shall have to decide where i want to take my zed.

Cheers

peterzs
24-09-10, 06:31 PM

Good point, but to be fair to Nationwide, they didnt push to have any repairs done.

Jem
24-09-10, 06:36 PM
Does nationwide still do discounts if you are a member of the AA?

peterzs
24-09-10, 06:38 PM

Dont know, but for ?27.42p, well pleased.

daytona365
24-09-10, 06:41 PM
The ?27.42 is for online, or members of AA...check the nationwide web site.

My mot tester, always know whats wrong with my cars........."ME" he normally says :laugh:

Stuartamc
24-09-10, 06:45 PM
Good answer!!