PDA

View Full Version : Prodrive

Tommy
27-09-10, 08:59 AM
Just seen a subaru impreza wrx 2.0 prodrive turbo estate, 17k on the clock, 51 plate for ?2,290....now to me that seems bloody cheap, considering the mileage and the car itself seems in good nik.
Is prodrive a kit that you add on to the engine? Do you think maybe this scooby was a standard gx until the prodrive was slapped on???

peterzs
27-09-10, 09:10 AM
Think for that kind of money its how it looks and goes, have to give it a test drive. Soon see if its worth the cash.

I looked at a few Skyliners, looked cheap at around ?4,000 odd, but they looked like they had been stock car racing.

Tommy
27-09-10, 09:37 AM
yeah no doubt being that cheap there is something not quite right, need to test drive to find out for sure

Yampiedog
27-09-10, 11:12 AM
At that price there sounds like something is wrong. However Prodrive Performance Pack (PPP) was around ?1760 option a few years back around 2001 (that's what my brother payed on his first WRX) but when the model after the bug was coming to an end they added it on a lot of models anyway but that was around 2003/4 at a guess.
PPP added about 40 bhp to the WRX model, not sure what effect it had on STi's

stamford
27-09-10, 11:38 AM
Seems too cheap, is that 17k of hard miles with not being looked after?

Tommy
27-09-10, 11:56 AM
they probably were hard miles, the ppp sounds alright but the car itself...im gonna steer clear of it I think.

Yampiedog
27-09-10, 08:42 PM
If it has a twin tail pipe, it probably isn't PPP

peterzs
28-09-10, 09:14 AM
If it has a twin tail pipe, it probably isn't PPP

The cars I looked at were up near you Yampledog, the road at Cadnam that runs alongside the M3. Garage about 1/2 mile from Cadnam roundabout.

:hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:

Yampiedog
28-09-10, 12:01 PM
Pete - I know where you mean but to be honest I have never thought much of that place but I don't really know why!

Tommy - The price of that motor is at least a grand under priced especially with such low mileage.

Yampiedog
28-09-10, 12:02 PM
Just seen a subaru impreza wrx 2.0 prodrive turbo estate, 17k on the clock, 51 plate for ?2,290....now to me that seems bloody cheap, considering the mileage and the car itself seems in good nik.
Is prodrive a kit that you add on to the engine? Do you think maybe this scooby was a standard gx until the prodrive was slapped on???

Do you have a link for this vehicle on the internet? PM me if you don't want others to see...

peterzs
28-09-10, 12:55 PM
After looking at the motors, you are not far wrong!!!!!

:hmmm::hmmm::hmmm: