PDA

View Full Version : Dreaded cambelts question

nath86
01-10-10, 12:25 PM
Ok im looking at another zed as i cant stay away from them :chair:
The one im looking at needs them doing so was wondering if anyone on here could do them at a reasonable price unlike what garages usually quote. Obviously cash job ;)

ZS
01-10-10, 12:28 PM
Assuming 180? If so then I'd ask Ade @ AA Autosport... Not heard any bad things about them...

If its a 120... bring it here and I'll do for some beer :p

nath86
01-10-10, 12:35 PM
Assuming 180? If so then I'd ask Ade @ AA Autosport... Not heard any bad things about them...

If its a 120... bring it here and I'll do for some beer :p

Corr i wish it was a 120 from that offer :( but yes sorry its a 180, but thanks for your offer much appreciated :)

I will give him a pm :beer2:

stamford
01-10-10, 12:35 PM
Might pay to drop Russell a message and see what he can offer.

http://www.mgroversolutions.co.uk/

nath86
01-10-10, 12:43 PM
Cheers stamford, just dropped him an email, and aa autosport is a bit of journey from somerset for me :(

p_b82
01-10-10, 01:22 PM
there is also Dr Dave (or GasAxe) from .org \xpf - is down your way and might be able to help you out....

ian zs180
01-10-10, 03:44 PM
I know how you feel its a big job aint it on the 180 mine is in at lates in october its about a 200 mile round trip for me but they seem very good and alot of people over on xpf have used them .

Sammo69
04-10-10, 08:02 AM
Cheers stamford, just dropped him an email, and aa autosport is a bit of journey from somerset for me :(

Nath, if you find a good place to get em done can you give me a shout as I've gotta do mine soon and we're from the same town? ta

nath86
05-10-10, 02:35 PM
Nath, if you find a good place to get em done can you give me a shout as I've gotta do mine soon and we're from the same town? ta

Will do m8, just a question was it you parked up in crewkerne late to early hours a couple wednesdays ago in lidl / waitrose carpark??

Sammo69
06-10-10, 07:50 AM
Will do m8, just a question was it you parked up in crewkerne late to early hours a couple wednesdays ago in lidl / waitrose carpark??

Cheers mate, yeah that was me, it's halfway between where i live and where the girl I'm seeing lives. We tend to meet there and leave one of our cars there and go back later to pick it up.

Can't seem to go anywhere these days without being spotted lol :detective:

nath86
06-10-10, 12:31 PM
Lol, do you remember a long wheelbase merc sprinter van having a nosey at your car, then i noticed you were in there so i drove of normal :blush: , i reconised the exhaust (the one you bought of me lol)

Anyway back on topic i have found someone to do them for 200 notes but you have to supply the parts he recommends ?130 for the whole kit so about ?330 in total but i will prob get the waterpump done aswell at the same time for piece of mind, i will pm you his details once he has done mine (& assuming he wants to do anymore of course), he is just past taunton and takes around 6 hrs to do the lot and comes highly recommended :yes:

Sammo69
07-10-10, 07:37 AM
Funny you say that i sort of do remember someone having a nosey! Probably thinking 'what the hell they looking at?'!! lol!

That sounds like a great price, if all goes well and he's happy to do more, i'd really appreciate his details, cheers bud!

Sammo69
07-10-10, 11:17 AM
This CAM belt kit is on Fleabay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MG-ZS-180-2-5i-24V-DAYCO-TIMING-CAM-BELT-KIT-/120590660791?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c13c374b7

Is this the right one?

stamford
07-10-10, 12:06 PM
Reckon so, don't know much about the quality though.

Sammo69
07-10-10, 12:14 PM
Reckon so, don't know much about the quality though.

Yeah i've never heard of Dayco?? They've got a good website tho which makes it look like they produce good quality stuff.

nath86
07-10-10, 06:48 PM
I was forwarded onto a unipart kit by the chap on ebay, but dayco (the name) is a kit i recognize. Im just waiting on his approval before i buy it, the only other thing is you may as well do the water pump at the same time as it will be very exspnsive if that fails before the cambelts change is due for renewing, so all in, your looking around ?400 all together with all belts done waterpump and coolant and oil change at the same time which is very cheap imo