PDA

View Full Version : Book

daytona365
01-10-10, 10:34 PM
Has anyone noticed that there is no book on the ZS?

I mean all those MG books, and not one on our beloved car.

I like to know your views...........:thumbsup:

Ritchy
01-10-10, 10:41 PM
there is an MG book and the zs is mentioned right at the back, saw it at buelie motor museum.

i guess it never had that long a run and wasnt as popular as the mgb's ect so not that many people would buy a book just about the zs:\

daytona365
01-10-10, 11:01 PM
there is an MG book and the zs is mentioned right at the back, saw it at buelie motor museum.

i guess it never had that long a run and wasnt as popular as the mgb's ect so not that many people would buy a book just about the zs:\

Well most of us on here would ( I hope lol):icecream:

Ritchy
01-10-10, 11:08 PM
yeah i would but i think the zs was never an icon like the mgb's ect, so think it just wouldnt sell in the volumes required

Zippy Saloon
02-10-10, 07:37 AM
Theres a few MG books that have a page or two on the Zeds buts theres also a lot that stop at the MGB or (even worse) jump straight from the B to the F&TF with no mention of the Metro, Maestro & Montego - you can be sure there will be some coming up (curiously probably printed in China) that will show how great the Chinese MGs are with no mention of the Zeds at all.

stamford
02-10-10, 09:14 PM
Well we all love our ZS for one reason or another, but it is never going to be an iconic MG. Time will tell and I am sure it'll become a future classic purely for what fun it can give for little outlay. I truly believe the ZS180 was held back and could have been so much better had they had the balls to add a few more tricks to the package and made it a thoroughbred MG and not just a mildly tuned mid-range car.