PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Stupid Me

Simon's ZS-120
02-10-10, 08:44 AM
After finishing my long arse shift went to get some food and as the weather was cold the car seemed to run really nice. just had my BMC CDA fiited on a week and sounds crazy on the ZS 120 any how was 12 oclock and gave it a blip and didnt see the 30 sign and got cought by the police doing 41 in a 30 AHHHHHHHH i just managed to get a clean lisence

the policman who jumped in front of me with his red light pole said thank you for stopping lol and congratulations your number 16 to be cought in 2 hours and we had to que to get our tickets as there were alot of cars the ZS was the nicest car out of the lot got 7 days to surrender my driving lisence and paper part

looks like i will be keeping the 120 for alot longer now but then again will be 25 in january next year so my insurance will drop again

Ritchy
02-10-10, 08:53 AM
i got done doing 53 in a 30 ages ago and it kinda made me take a new perspective, see everone speeding in 30 mile an hour zones and they dont get anywhere any quicker really, see people speeding past me when im doing 30 and theyre maybe doing 50 60 undertaking over taking, result at the end of the 7 miile drive to work, theyre usually the car in front at the last set of traffic lights, i mean just not worth it at all, i just sit at the limit, doesnt bother me at all. just look stupid pulled at the side of the road with the police.
time n a plce for quick driving:)

Simon's ZS-120
02-10-10, 08:57 AM
i just done a 25 hour shift and as it was so quiet thought a quick blip would be ok but i was wrong

Smokey
02-10-10, 09:09 AM
i mean just not worth it at all, i just sit at the limit, doesnt bother me at all. just look stupid pulled at the side of the road with the police.
time n a plce for quick driving:)
exactly why I got the zs. I drove home at the limit pretty much the entire trip even though I could have saved an hour on the journey. Albeit I ended up 7hours late lmao.
Safety first though, knockhill is the place, soon is the time lol

Ritchy
02-10-10, 09:09 AM
police are everywhere:/ espiecially when its quiet

Simon's ZS-120
02-10-10, 09:11 AM
just as well i stoped as the 4 marked traffic cars and the 3 unmarked police cars and 3 bikes would have got me quite quick but this car park was full of people wiaitng for there tickets

Ritchy
02-10-10, 09:12 AM
exactly why I got the zs. I drove home at the limit pretty much the entire trip even though I could have saved an hour on the journey. Albeit I ended up 7hours late lmao.
Safety first though, knockhill is the place, soon is the time lol

i like the counrty roads round here, no one on them, and you dont even have to speed to drive fast:), look a lot cooler driving slow than you do fast anyway, never see anyone speed past me when ive been walking thinking wow there cool, always the ones that cruise past n your like thats a cool car

lawrence-zs180
02-10-10, 09:13 AM
happens to all of us dude. Im curently coming into my last year of 6 points in one day.. dont drive after finding your bird with some dude is all I can say.

peterzs
02-10-10, 09:15 AM
Easy to do Simon, (cough) driving at 30, even going over a pothole can make you push the load peddle and before you know it your up into the 40's.

Lucky you didnt think you were dreaming and carried on going!!!!

;);)

Simon's ZS-120
02-10-10, 09:15 AM
happens to all of us dude. Im curently coming into my last year of 6 points in one day.. dont drive after finding your bird with some dude is all I can say.

i never got cought when i got dumped but did spin the zs out on a round about so i really need to pull my finger out and sort my driving out as i need my lisence so badly as i need to drive 4 kids to school when im on shift

lawrence-zs180
02-10-10, 09:19 AM
the copper said the saime thing to me.. calm down sir how can you move on if your dead..worked haha!
Its just the whole insurance thing.. oh and the fine.

Simon's ZS-120
02-10-10, 09:21 AM
my copper that was talking to me was ok i was like so sorry he then said you was lucky a car was blocking us from zapping you had first as we could hear you really giving hard then you powerd off and slowed down. just didnt slow down hard enough but then again thats my fault and well the CDA's fault

lawrence-zs180
02-10-10, 09:26 AM
lol lucky dude..

Simon's ZS-120
02-10-10, 09:27 AM
lol as im still 24 and work are paying like more for me to be insured on the work cars its going to jump again now they find i got 3 points

lawrence-zs180
02-10-10, 10:28 AM
what do you do for a living if you dont mind me asking?? are they gonna make you cover the extra?

Simon's ZS-120
02-10-10, 10:48 AM
im an on site residental carer who looks after children with chalenging and sexulised behaviour

lawrence-zs180
02-10-10, 11:00 AM
nice one dude.. thats a mega job fair play to you.
know what you mean by the hours.. Im a head chef so i have no life either.. but when I do its usually bike time or some work on the car haha.

tb steve
02-10-10, 11:07 AM
we have all done it at some time just some of us get cought i have twice lol

ian zs180
02-10-10, 11:12 AM
Some insurance companies dont increase your insurance when you get a speeding fine these days because its so damn easy to get caught with all the cameras and stuff and in alot of cases you may only be doing 5mph over the limit i know my mate got done doing 47 in a 40 a couple of years ago and he told the insurance and it didnt make any difference to his premium

Simon's ZS-120
02-10-10, 11:35 AM
we have all done it at some time just some of us get cought i have twice lol

i got cought 3 months after i passed and got an SP50 then just under 3years ago i got cought speeding and jumping a red light lol but they couldnt proove i was speeding and i done the speed awarness coarse so im quite lucky but really could do with some more luck as this year has been so **** for me

staccato
02-10-10, 11:57 AM
After finishing my long arse shift went to get some food and as the weather was cold the car seemed to run really nice. just had my BMC CDA fiited on a week and sounds crazy on the ZS 120 any how was 12 oclock and gave it a blip and didnt see the 30 sign and got cought by the police doing 41 in a 30 AHHHHHHHH i just managed to get a clean lisence

the policman who jumped in front of me with his red light pole said thank you for stopping lol and congratulations your number 16 to be cought in 2 hours and we had to que to get our tickets as there were alot of cars the ZS was the nicest car out of the lot got 7 days to surrender my driving lisence and paper part

looks like i will be keeping the 120 for alot longer now but then again will be 25 in january next year so my insurance will drop again

So you did a 25 hour shift, got in a car to drive, look after kids for a living and got caught doing 11mph over the limit in a 30 zone?

Not too clever that

Simon's ZS-120
02-10-10, 12:25 PM
i know its stupid

Craig
02-10-10, 12:27 PM
So you did a 25 hour shift, got in a car to drive, look after kids for a living and got caught doing 11mph over the limit in a 30 zone.

Not too clever that

Yeah, Im guessing he now knows that, hence the title "Stupid Stupid Me"

staccato
02-10-10, 01:15 PM
Yeah, Im guessing he now knows that, hence the title "Stupid Stupid Me"

Lol true

Simon's ZS-120
02-10-10, 06:10 PM
its been well **** this month wish i could hibarnate till next year

peterzs
02-10-10, 06:59 PM
Guess what, today helped the son in law to pick up a play house, won on ebay for 2 of the grandkids.

Driving into Salisbury, Luton 10 reg hire van, police waved us in, just checking commercials to make sure you are wearing seat belts. Lucky we were all belted up.

Just dont know when and where, you will get stopped!!!

;););)

Simon's ZS-120
02-10-10, 07:05 PM
to scared to go out now as i got HID's and they are mega bright

daytona365
02-10-10, 07:06 PM
They always stop the innocent ones.....................I got stopped twice for "illegal plates" on my old Rover. Even though they were made by my garage, and had passed 3 MOT's.

Then on way back from the RAC Rally in 2007, got pulled cos my plate was dirty. Not suprised as I had just spent 5 days in the fillthy welsh forest.:shoot:

Simon's ZS-120
02-10-10, 07:26 PM
lol my HID's are one class below illegal i dont even need full beabs any more lol

Stuartamc
03-10-10, 01:01 AM
So you did a 25 hour shift, got in a car to drive, look after kids for a living and got caught doing 11mph over the limit in a 30 zone?

Not too clever that

Sorry to jump on the bandwagon, but jesus. I've done a couple of 24 hour shifts and could barely keep my eyes open let alone even think of driving. Seriously dude speedings the least of your worries then, find a way so you're not even driving. None of us want to see you have an accident mate.

stamford
03-10-10, 07:46 AM
We are only human and it is only too easy to have a lapse of concentration, even for a second or two. How many times have we driven to work of a morning and suddenly thought I don't remember driving those last couple miles............:huh: auto pilot :yes: Been there myself!

Simon's ZS-120
03-10-10, 08:18 AM
Sorry to jump on the bandwagon, but jesus. I've done a couple of 24 hour shifts and could barely keep my eyes open let alone even think of driving. Seriously dude speedings the least of your worries then, find a way so you're not even driving. None of us want to see you have an accident mate.

i work alot oh hours a month due to wanting a big pay check and worked 240 hours last month and also had a really rough last month and that night i got cought speeding was me switching off and day dreaming after a long arse shift but the kebab after tasted good

lawrence-zs180
03-10-10, 08:29 AM
but the kebab after tasted good
lol well atleast there was a slightly good ending to it.
But yea you would be supprised how many of my chefs have been done for speeding late at night after 90-100 hour weeks.. whats annoying is that its usually only just over as well but the sussex police are getting annoyed with the trust fund crew charging around in there vxr's so there doing everyone.

Andyf
03-10-10, 11:46 AM
i like the counrty roads round here, no one on them, and you dont even have to speed to drive fast:), look a lot cooler driving slow than you do fast anyway, never see anyone speed past me when ive been walking thinking wow there cool, always the ones that cruise past n your like thats a cool car

That is very true, I used to go to the cruise at Milton Keynes and always said the people in their Evo's etc that crawl past look so much cooler than the ones that drive like idiots. I know the Evo is a stupidly fast car, you don't need to prove it.

You are also right about people not getting there much quicker when they drive fast, I bimble around in my car and often catch up with people who fly past me and cut people up only to be a car or two ahead at the next lights. I love it when the lights are in my favour and can just cruise past them as they are pulling away. I got cut up (twice) by a BMW on the motorway the other day, watched him tail gate, undertake and speed off in to the distance only to pass him as we left the motorway as he clearly didn't have the ablilty to judge how late he could wait to join lane 1 and still make the slip road. I slotted in nicely without needing to brake at the 100 yard board several cars ahead of him.

Sorry to hear about your ticket Simon, where were you caught and by whom, I minght know them!

Simon's ZS-120
03-10-10, 12:14 PM
I will look at my yellow slip later on wanna get rid of it for me :p

Simon's ZS-120
03-10-10, 12:16 PM
I was cought in-between tgi Fridays and BMW cooper reading

Andyf
03-10-10, 01:15 PM
If it was Friday just gone then chances are I will know who it was! Can't get rid of it for you though i'm afraid!

Bobdope2002
03-10-10, 01:21 PM
If it was Friday just gone then chances are I will know who it was! Can't get rid of it for you though i'm afraid!

:laugh: worth a try though eh

Alan.F
03-10-10, 03:40 PM
I got done doing 59 in a 30 once even tho i am in my late 40's i have always been a lead foot but ever since i bought my 75 tourer i dont speed at all now 65 tops on a motorway these days lol

Simon's ZS-120
28-11-10, 01:04 PM
this is just a quick update as i think the police may have fucked up any how sent my lisence off and they sent it back to me with nothing printed on the paper bit they also said they wanted to educate me and put me on the coarse this letter was dated the 2nd of november and said they would contact me within 7 days and its now the 28th i paid the fine but got no points :) clean lisence still

is there a time limit to when these points will expire if it doesnt get sorted out

Bobdope2002
28-11-10, 01:29 PM
this is just a quick update as i think the police may have fucked up any how sent my lisence off and they sent it back to me with nothing printed on the paper bit they also said they wanted to educate me and put me on the coarse this letter was dated the 2nd of november and said they would contact me within 7 days and its now the 28th i paid the fine but got no points :) clean lisence still

is there a time limit to when these points will expire if it doesnt get sorted out

IIRC 5 Years if theyre put onto ya licence not sure if theyre not

Ritchy
28-11-10, 01:38 PM
itll be the coarse instead of points, you only get to do it every 2 years though

Simon's ZS-120
28-11-10, 01:55 PM
Well they were suppose to contact me within 7 days of sending the letter but have not recived any thing yet plus would be good as I'm looking to get a Subaru impretza prodrive next year and I just got insured on my mums focus rs

Huffy
28-11-10, 03:28 PM
I've been pulled over SOOOOOOO many times, lost my XR2 to the police! am on 6 points at the mo, and another 3 about to land, seriously, i was doing 40 mph, i saw the camera thought, ohhh this cant be a 30 zone, no signs..... stick at 40..... Blam! grrrrrr I even drove back up the road to see if i could see the 30 sign, and there it was, just beyound the traffic lights!

Gutted I've got to be a good boy for another 3 months till it goes down to 6 again:(

kkman
29-11-10, 01:39 AM
i just done a 25 hour shift and as it was so quiet thought a quick blip would be ok but i was wrong

what else did u fit with the BMC-CDA, I'v ordered a 85-150 BMC-CDA induction kit and a 90 degree elbow silicon horse and a BMC metal connector. which one of them is not necessary ? the connector??

Simon's ZS-120
29-11-10, 08:02 AM
i just my old K&N 90 degree lbow and fitted the the connector to were to old filter is bit close to the rad tho and hard to fit a cold air feed