PDA

View Full Version : What a miserable Sunday!

stamford
03-10-10, 11:20 AM
It is pppp pouring down here in the south. My zed is sitting up in the air with one wheel off, no front suspension due to a dodgy insert top nut. I have a driveshaft gaitor to replace, gearbox oil ready. So I am in the garage refurbing some coilovers recently aquired. So the garage stinks of paint spray, can't open the door due to the wind and rain! I'm on my own as Kathy is working a 12 hour shift, the dallys are fed up as it is so shoite, managed to walk them earlier. Might put my feet up, catch up on some TV and get ready for the footy later on.............

Oh, got to get the zed ready as it'll be needed this week as my Discovery MOT runs out this Thursday and the earliest I can book that in is Sat.

I hope some of you are having a better day than me, perhaps even a tad drier!

Suppose I could start decorating the hall, stairs and landing....................................gave it some thought and nah! :laugh:

ZS
03-10-10, 11:29 AM
I know what you mean Mick... I was going to get my 180 up in the air and replace the Gearbox today... but errr I think its a bit wet for that!!

Which reminds me... Would you like the old box when it comes off? Has a Type B LSD fitted to it, I think the box will need a rebuild but the diff itself is fine (all steel caged bearings as well!)

peterzs
03-10-10, 11:30 AM
Just going out to put up a play house for the grand kids.

Was thinking of going to Hever Castle for the MGCC meet, but not in this weather.

Best of luck with the car Mick, makes it hard work when its all cold and wet.

:wave::wave::wave:

KevG
03-10-10, 11:31 AM
Nah dude the weather up here in Glasgow is pretty shoite too, I fitted a sheddist kit yesterday and was dry the most part but when it came to test it, it was chucking it down, so far today is no better!

stamford
03-10-10, 11:47 AM
I know what you mean Mick... I was going to get my 180 up in the air and replace the Gearbox today... but errr I think its a bit wet for that!!

Which reminds me... Would you like the old box when it comes off? Has a Type B LSD fitted to it, I think the box will need a rebuild but the diff itself is fine (all steel caged bearings as well!)

Yea, sounds good Sam :thumbsup: pm me details.

lawrence-zs180
03-10-10, 11:59 AM
yea its dead pants here to (arundel) my pub is empty which is dead worrying.. could be doing a million things but cant because of the weather/ lack of correct parts/ money lol.
Please let it stop this arvo because I need to see why my mates 205 git is arseing about.. bloody injection system.

Alan.F
03-10-10, 12:35 PM
same in the NW m8 pissing down quite heavy

KevG
03-10-10, 01:01 PM
Well, thats the sun just popped out see I'll see what I need to do and adjust my new Sheddist kit to what I want it to do.

stamford
03-10-10, 01:32 PM
Well we had a break in the weather, so I popped outside to do a job. Drained the gearbox oil, popped the lower ball joint and subsequently broke my long wrench trying to break the hub nut! :angry: No-one local has 3/4" to 1/2" reducer for my 3/4 breaker bar. So that's me stuffed until tomorrow when I might be able to get one near work. No-one at home either to assist in stomping on the brake pedal so that's me done for today!

At least the coilovers have had a fresh coat of paint, springs as well. Just waiting for some new dust covers to arrive then re-assemble :D

Marky Mark
03-10-10, 01:39 PM
Glad the ZS is coming along nicely Mick. :cool2:

It's wet and miserable here in Kent also.

The car is poorly sitting in the garage, it has a power steering pipe leaking, but all will be sorted during the week.

So it's cracking on with decorating the spare room, just wish there were more hours in the day to get jobs done!

I vote we work a three day week! lol :fun:

Bobdope2002
03-10-10, 01:41 PM
Miserable around here too mate

Gonna take the Zed out anyways in a bit cant sit in all day im bored shitless

Jay-ZS+
03-10-10, 01:55 PM
When you say refurbing the coilovers were they just in need of repainting? I have some Avos boxed away that are leaking and need doing was gonna send them off when funds allow but if it can be done at home id give them a go myself.

We got the box out of mine by undoing the track arm nut and the nut on the top control arm. From there could get both the driveshafts out to drop the box. Although putting it back in was a struggle and ended up undoing the hubs. May allow you to get it out today.

Edit: completely miss read that, read about sams gearbox and thought you were removing yours!

remey
03-10-10, 02:06 PM
same here in manchester,its not stopped all day! had to nip out to tesco and cant see were im going as windows steem up pretty bad on my zed in this weather(horrible!!!).

Dan1971
03-10-10, 02:43 PM
Well .... I've been out, played 9 holes and am now in front of the Ryder Cup. Not a bad Sunday at all really !

sarah
03-10-10, 03:11 PM
rain rain rain here aswell!! :(

Just such miserable weather, it was raining all day yesterday aswell.

daytona365
03-10-10, 03:28 PM
Well up at 6, sun was out as I marshalled..........Then clouds got black and it got cold, by lunch time it started to spit................Stayed drizzly until 3.30, when the event was over.....Good event, free lunch and my son won ?15 in the marshals raffle.
Back home to find the sun shining..............

grimmy
03-10-10, 03:33 PM
Well .... I've been out, played 9 holes and am now in front of the Ryder Cup. Not a bad Sunday at all really !

Been on the couch most of the day watching the golf.not to bad a Sunday if I am honest

MantiAnak
03-10-10, 03:36 PM
It's been raining most of the week here. I chose a rubbish week to take off work! Always the way though.

petet16
03-10-10, 04:21 PM
Poured down here till lunchtime, then cleared up quite nicely.

Been laying a new floor in the bathroom today....oh fun.

I'm off work this coming week, supposed to be doing a new floor in the hall/kitchen, but as I'll be unsupervised I might sneak some time out to do a few jobs on the zs.

Supercharged_Z
03-10-10, 04:30 PM
Been on the couch most of the day watching the golf.not to bad a Sunday if I am honest

exactly the sort of day i have had apart from a load of tidying and shoping this morning!!

footballs now on. oh and several beers down :D

Dave MGT
03-10-10, 05:24 PM
No...I have had a sh1t one as well today. Setting tappets and timing on a 1.9 citroen berlingo after doing the headgasket....with a virus thats making my head feel like its going to pop....ahhh

But........its ok.....

There are quite a few stellas in the fridge!!!:yay:

ian zs180
03-10-10, 06:06 PM
Been raining all morning here stopped around 2 pm so i took my rc car out and had a good bash about

lawrence-zs180
03-10-10, 06:18 PM
Finally finished and home from a shocking day at the restaurant.. thankfully theres cider the good lady is doing dinner and there is 4 more csi episodes left to watch

Ritchy
03-10-10, 06:37 PM
not bad weekend, me n ma pal went out kayaking on loch lomond yesterday, starting pishin down just as we got in the car to head back home, then made dinner last night n relaxed with tanya watching telle, todayhad a gregs for breakfast, then had another ditch attempt at tidying my garage for about an hour, sorted out the mess off spanners i have
n then went out with ma pal to try find nitro fuel for his rc car he bought, all round glasgow nothing, ended up walking to barras n going to bills tool store n bought a new hammer n few pliers n suchlike, n then his pal said he had some so took his n his pals car down the local pitch n raced them about, i was kinda bored after about 5 minutes but, think its less fun when you can actual drive haha. n thinking about making dinner n maybe a nother go at the garage

stamford
03-10-10, 07:02 PM
Well the football was a pick me up, so went outside after welding my wrench up and managed to get the hub nut off. However my zed is not liking me very much as the bloody driveshaft would not budge from the hub. Ended up stripping the whole front leg down and tried to lever the inner shaft from the gearbox. Guess what! that didn't budge either, is the Haynes wrong? as the inner coupling would not come out of the box, had to cut the inner gaitor and pull the inner CV out! Fecking thing! :angry:

Now I am chilling with a few beers, beef curry and a plate of fries!

Jay-ZS+
03-10-10, 07:08 PM
ummmm...beef curry. My fav.

Dave MGT
03-10-10, 07:10 PM
Well the football was a pick me up, so went outside after welding my wrench up and managed to get the hub nut off. However my zed is not liking me very much as the bloody driveshaft would not budge from the hub. Ended up stripping the whole front leg down and tried to lever the inner shaft from the gearbox. Guess what! that didn't budge either, is the Haynes wrong? as the inner coupling would not come out of the box, had to cut the inner gaitor and pull the inner CV out! Fecking thing! :angry:

no the manuel is right, but it doesnt say they are a right c*** to get out!!....lol

Stephen
03-10-10, 07:10 PM
Working 9 to 6 sat and sunday... Zeds not been washed in about 2 weeks! :( Dads been tidying out the garage and putting the new shelfs up and tidying etc... need to finish it off tomorow. Day off tomorrow so will get that done and get the Zed washed! then will see what happens

Now off to get ratarsed! :D

Maxfly
03-10-10, 07:11 PM

is one of the shafts attached to the block?

Had a lazy day seeing as am on night shift the noo, slept, got up, lounged on sofa for a bit, back up to bed, slept again, got up, eat me grub then headed to work:) No drink fir me unfortunately :(:(

andys1981
03-10-10, 07:30 PM
ave been the same,just sitting about,as a dont start work till 2200 boooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Nor
03-10-10, 07:30 PM
Been nice in Glasgow today. Spent the afternoon kayaking across Loch Lomond.

Ritchy
03-10-10, 08:07 PM
missed you by a day nor, thats my first time out in 5 years,
spent another hour in the garage there, so many tools....and car parts, and tent, and so many tools missing as well which is annoying, need to track them down

Nor
03-10-10, 08:10 PM
missed you by a day nor, thats my first time out in 5 years

Cool Ritch, where did you head? We jumped in at Lomond Shores and went to Inch Murren and back, 10k-ish. I'm gonna buy a new kayak though, mine just isn't up to proper touring.

Ritchy
03-10-10, 08:13 PM
was up at luss and we kayaked just about a bit, went up the river at luss, then away across to an island further down, and practicing manouvers under the pier, my dads a kayak instructor now so he was teaching us, kinda frustrating haha,
did a bit in an open canadian canoe as well, me n ma pal are planning on conoeing across to an island and camping there, so would be handy with the canadian so we can get gear(beer) in it

stamford
04-10-10, 07:26 AM
Well last night I managed one post and the internet crashed for the fifth time yesterday.......................glad to see the back of this weekend!