PDA

View Full Version : VIS Indicator troubleshoot.

Smokey
04-10-10, 03:22 PM
Ok, so installed my VIS Indicators and they no all light up but not in the way I expected.

Can any experts suggest why mine do this?

http://www.youtube.com/user/smokeysworld1979#p/a/u/0/sdVLNU_utW8

Nor
04-10-10, 03:28 PM
Found it a wee bit hard to see there Smokey. Both reds should be on at idle, both greens should be off. Plant the throttle, reds go off, both greens should go on. Then at 3k the balance green should go off and the red back on, at 4.5k the power green should go off and red back on.

grimmy
04-10-10, 03:42 PM
Couldtn quite make out the video mate

Smokey
04-10-10, 03:46 PM
I watched Jay's video on what it should do, it did that once, now when I plant it, the two greens dont go on, it seems to do different things every time!
Very frustrating.

haGGard
04-10-10, 03:53 PM
I'm getting similar results too.

Just went out to make a video, the first time i planted it in 3rd gear and both green lights came on as they should. But then the second time when i did it in second gear they would not illuminate properly... I still get that 'kick' though so i know they are working.

Also, when its dark its easier to see, but when the 2 green lights do illuminate properly, the red ones dont actually go off, but they flash (pulse) very quickly and quite dimly, so you cant see it untill the sun goes down.

Heres them lighting properly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSiOJhprlrk

Heres them lighting kinda in the same way as yours

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4ZBuLXQQes

Seems to be pretty random.

Nor
04-10-10, 03:56 PM
I've noticed that my reds actually pulse too.

grimmy
04-10-10, 04:15 PM
I have one of Kevs kits in my car and the outside ones pulse also which I beleive is normal

Smokey
04-10-10, 05:10 PM
yup, mines very similar to the second link.

dunno if its my dodgy wiring or dodgy vis motors!

I'll just need to invite Kev round to meditate in front of it. He will know exactly whats wrong then!

Jay-ZS+
04-10-10, 05:22 PM
That is a weird set of results youve got. Id say that the motors are playing up, they havent broken in the normal way ie stuck open/closed. But the motors are definately not functioning as they should.

As grimmy said the outsides do pulse

Jay-ZS+
04-10-10, 05:24 PM
yup, mines very similar to the second link.

dunno if its my dodgy wiring or dodgy vis motors!

I'll just need to invite Kev round to meditate in front of it. He will know exactly whats wrong then!

As your not getting the kick at 3.5k Id be confident in saying dodgy motors. Will need to take them apart and test them to find the fault. Sure Kev is the best guy for it.

You also have a MIL kit on the way to you smokey :)

grimmy
04-10-10, 05:25 PM
I think you should pull the motors and do the repairs on them anyway can't hurt can it

Jay-ZS+
04-10-10, 05:27 PM
I think you should pull the motors and do the repairs on them anyway can't hurt can it

Worth even just cleaning any oil out.

Smokey
04-10-10, 05:31 PM
Yup think I'll need to fix em!

haGGard
04-10-10, 05:32 PM
I get the kick but my lights are tempramental...

I'll have another go at cleaning it.

MantiAnak
04-10-10, 06:10 PM
Sorry to draw away from the topic but where can I get one of those light kits!? Never seen one before and really want it.

grimmy
04-10-10, 06:11 PM
Jay who posted in the thread was making and selling them pm him mate

Jay-ZS+
04-10-10, 06:15 PM
Sorry to draw away from the topic but where can I get one of those light kits!? Never seen one before and really want it.

Have had a few people ask since ive sold the last one :slap:
Was going to make some more at some point but im so busy with uni work and working I cant say when it will be.

KevG
04-10-10, 06:18 PM

I see that you have a ZT, it is the same wiring and setup for the ZT as it is for the ZS, but there is one thing that isnt enough of in the ZT and that is switch blanks under the heater controls.

lawrence-zs180
04-10-10, 06:19 PM
you need any more blanks soon jay?? got a few or can it wait till the southern meet and I can give you them then

KevG
04-10-10, 06:21 PM
Have had a few people ask since ive sold the last one :slap:
Was going to make some more at some point but im so busy with uni work and working I cant say when it will be.

Jay, if I manage to get a few 75/ZT switch blanks, then I might be able to make one up, but it is only maybe!

Jay-ZS+
04-10-10, 06:21 PM
you need any more blanks soon jay?? got a few or can it wait till the southern meet and I can give you them then

Yer may as well grab them at the southern meet.

Kev any ideas about Blairs issues (vis issues)? :laugh:

KevG
04-10-10, 06:44 PM
Looks like Blair that you have a few issues!
Remove and clean/test the Balance and Power VIS, if you PM Nor he has my tester, he could maybe post it over to you