PDA

View Full Version : Zs 110

Squeaks
06-10-10, 03:06 PM
what can be done to give them a bit more power?

I am interested in getting a 110 as i think the 180 is sold. (again)

thats madness i hear you say. yes it is but i can not afford the insurance on a ZS180 at the moment and only need it as a winter car.

anyways found a 110 in my price range "ish"

its a 1.6 isn't it?

what needs to be looked out for? HGF?

stamford
06-10-10, 03:20 PM

thats madness i hear you say. yes it is but i can not afford the insurance on a ZS180 at the moment and only need it as a winter car.

its a 1.6 isn't it?

A big gap in the engine bay where a V6 ought to be! :laugh:

All the usual things with a 120 and all the usual things with a mk2, if it is.

Squeaks
06-10-10, 03:24 PM
lol! Id never open the bonnet. ( could aways do a print of a v6 and stick it over the engine bay when showing people ) lol

but i need to be sensible. its a baby ZS or a renault megane coupe. I know what id rather have lol.

Yeah its a Mk2 and i Know quite well what to expect lol.

BUCKYDEVIL
06-10-10, 03:58 PM
lol! Id never open the bonnet. ( could aways do a print of a v6 and stick it over the engine bay when showing people ) lol

but i need to be sensible. its a baby ZS or a renault megane coupe. I know what id rather have lol.

Yeah its a Mk2 and i Know quite well what to expect lol.

For buying a baby ZS just check it out the same as the 120,
look for HGF & signs of mistreatment or poor servicing.
Not much you can do to add power to the 110 without spending too much then in turn you would be better buying a 120 but it doesnt cost much to service it well and give it more throttle reponse.
With fuel prices on the up and insurance companys hiking up premiums it's no the best of times to have a 180..

stamford
06-10-10, 03:59 PM
Well you'll be okay then Dan, no real surprises as you already run a k-series. If it is just island use then you can't go wrong really.

leezs110
06-10-10, 07:15 PM

its a 1.6 isn't it?

Firstly the 110 is a real hoot to drive! :laugh:

The areas to improve on the little 110 is induction & exhaust system! ;)

The standard exhaust system is quite restrictive, i`m running a Scorpion Stainless back box on mine which sounds sporty but not too loud, & on the induction side of things ive got a ITG Maxogen closed induction kit which improves throttle response! :D

Buy a 110 dude you know u wanna! :laugh:

Squeaks
06-10-10, 08:19 PM
its the loss of a v6 growl and.70 bhp thats going to be a problem but oh well life is tough. lol