PDA

View Full Version : Latest Pics-About Time!

stamford
11-10-10, 01:48 PM
Since it's now back on the road and looking clean, thought you'd like to see some updated pictures....................

Fitted Corbeau Forza's, thanks Steve :D
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l259/stamfordzs180/MG%20ZS180/DSCF1087.jpg

Coilovers recently purchased from Ross, cheers mate. Gave them a good clean up, some paint and new gaitors.
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l259/stamfordzs180/MG%20ZS180/DSCF1081.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l259/stamfordzs180/MG%20ZS180/DSCF1086.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l259/stamfordzs180/MG%20ZS180/DSCF1082.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l259/stamfordzs180/MG%20ZS180/DSCF1088.jpg

Goes like stink now, been a while since I've driven it especially with the excess weight removed. Still a fair bit to do, but work in progress as and when funds allow. A labour of love really.

lawrence-zs180
11-10-10, 01:57 PM
looking really nice dude... bet the ride is tight, but a lil hard haha

Smokey
11-10-10, 01:58 PM
Looks ace, love the matching seats.

Can't wait to get my vis motors running, interior out and bucket seats in so I can feel thr difference!

Then induction to do.

peterzs
11-10-10, 02:03 PM
Worth all the effort, wheels certainly fill the arches, looks the biz.

:clap::clap::clap:

Phate
11-10-10, 02:14 PM
That looks fantastic, I'd love to blat that round a track! Must really shift mate.

Have you considered some lighter wheels? they look heavy (no idea how much they weigh though)

Also how about the motobuild short shifter? ?50 - and really improve the gear change :)

Lightweight flywheel?

God I want one so badly right now. :(

stamford
11-10-10, 02:22 PM
Cheers guys.

When I bought the wheels the intentions weren't track based, so now I wish I had something different. However the tyres are good so reluctant to sell them unless someone offered me something worthwhile, might try an ad ;)

Have thought about the other bits, but like I said, as and when funds allow. Can't afford it all at once, mortgage, bills and family come first mate.

Yes the wheels do fill the arches..................I'm looking to make an arch roller. Not to keen on scaffolding tube! Seen the vids and not stupid enough to try it!

peterzs
11-10-10, 02:31 PM
Or get even lower profile tyres!!!!!

stamford
11-10-10, 02:38 PM
Or get even lower profile tyres!!!!!

Might as well spray the rims with liquid rubber then! They are low enough as it is!

Phate
11-10-10, 02:50 PM
Have thought about the other bits, but like I said, as and when funds allow. Can't afford it all at once, mortgage, bills and family come first mate.

Oh I know, just food for thought incase you hadn't thought about it, tis all :)

Supercharged_Z
11-10-10, 03:02 PM
nice job on the coilies!!!

they all working ok? or better#;

Bobdope2002
11-10-10, 03:07 PM
looks ace mate

didnt know youd got a Dual Exit on it though

Gazza
11-10-10, 03:08 PM
Looking good Mick

stamford
11-10-10, 03:15 PM
nice job on the coilies!!!

they all working ok? or better#;

Took some work, they were dreadful! One was weeping, but it'll do for now until I can look at sending them back for a full refurb. Other than initial looks they weren't that bad. Just needed a few hours graft.

Oh I know, just food for thought incase you hadn't thought about it, tis all :)

Already on my wish list Jake, little steps, those that don't get seen ;)

looks ace mate

didnt know youd got a Dual Exit on it though

Cheers Tim, yea that system has been on for about 4 years now, good stuff Janspeed.

Looking good Mick

Still surprising how well it scrubs up! It's never had polish on it since I've owned it! Just wash and Aqua Wax.

Supercharged_Z
11-10-10, 03:26 PM
Took some work, they were dreadful! One was weeping, but it'll do for now until I can look at sending them back for a full refurb. Other than initial looks they weren't that bad. Just needed a few hours graft.

oo sorry mate.. u mean the looks were dreadful? they all look like that after a while on the road..

stamford
11-10-10, 03:37 PM
Yea, looked like they had been offroad! But you are right, the finish doesn't last. You'd think the manufacturers would spend a bit more time, effort and money investing in their products to make them last longer. I have heard of a lot of people moaning about the quality of the finish/paint or plating. Anyway, I knew the score and was prepared to do the work, so very happy with the end result.

Bobdope2002
11-10-10, 03:41 PM
great stuff....... mine has been on for around the same time..... infact thinking about it mine needs its yearly check up at powerflow.....Best pop up and see the chap at the weekend

Jay-ZS+
11-10-10, 04:38 PM
Long overdue!! Looks great Mick!!:thumbsup: Its been crying out for the coilovers for a while, sits so much better now.
Youve done a cracking job on the coils. Might have to bring mine down for you to do! :laugh: Although mine a proper f**ked all adjustments seized right up!! Like the bonnet catches too, are they lockable? Looking forward to seeing it.

grimmy
11-10-10, 05:09 PM
Looking really good Mick amazing looking on the coilies

daytona365
11-10-10, 05:27 PM
Very smart...........Looks good with out going over the top.

ian zs180
11-10-10, 05:57 PM
Looks real smart that bud

Ritchy
11-10-10, 06:29 PM
looking good mick, the coilovers have come up great!

stamford
11-10-10, 06:52 PM
Yea you should see the state of my garage, shoite and spray everywhere! It was a weekend when the weather was crap. Got some cleaning to do now! Still, it keeps the missus out of the garage.............apart from cups of coffee :D

Ritchy
11-10-10, 07:08 PM
does the paint affect how the screws turn or is it all good:)

Maxfly
11-10-10, 07:16 PM
Loving it and the coilies have come up great!! top work mick:)

talkingcars
11-10-10, 07:20 PM
Lookin' good

I do like the wheels, if ever you consider selling.......................

Phate
11-10-10, 07:33 PM
Hope you didn't mind Mick...it was crying for some contrast!

I'll upload a better version when I'm on my pc :)

stamford
11-10-10, 07:45 PM
does the paint affect how the screws turn or is it all good:)

No, all's good as I didn't put on many layers because of that. There is a bit of clearance on the threads.

Loving it and the coilies have come up great!! top work mick:)

Cheers, yea took some work but worth it.

Lookin' good

I do like the wheels, if ever you consider selling.......................

:laugh: actually......................I might as I was considering something lighter and probably back down to 17".

Hope you didn't mind Mick...it was crying for some contrast!

I'll upload a better version when I'm on my pc :)

No Jacob, go for it mate :D

Ritchy
11-10-10, 07:46 PM
briiiliant:D

p_b82
12-10-10, 11:07 AM
Have to say i absolutely love your Car Mick!

If bristol did not have so many hills a laguna splitter would be on the front.... but i catch the OE bib enough as it is :(

stamford
12-10-10, 11:16 AM
When I took the photos I made the wrong choice of location..................the aeropark in Farnborough has so many speed humps! I was not popular that lunchtime! :D

Jay-ZS+
12-10-10, 11:24 AM
I coped with my 120 round bristol and that was pretty low with the splitter!!

p_b82
12-10-10, 11:48 AM
True James,

but you dont come my way very often, we has got hills in this part ;)

leezs110
12-10-10, 06:54 PM
looks nice & tastefully modded, bet it shifts a bit? ;)

Oh well guess i can dream of 180 torque or put another elastic band on the 110 to catapault it along a bit quicker! :laugh:

StragglaSteve
12-10-10, 09:25 PM
the car looks ace mate!

were the bonnet pins easy to fit?

got any interior photos?

arwilson80
13-10-10, 02:25 AM
Looking good...

stamford
13-10-10, 07:29 AM
looks nice & tastefully modded, bet it shifts a bit? ;)

Oh well guess i can dream of 180 torque or put another elastic band on the 110 to catapault it along a bit quicker! :laugh:

Yea, it's nippy enough, not as quick as some but does me for now.

the car looks ace mate!

were the bonnet pins easy to fit?

got any interior photos?

Pins were a pain to start with, tried measuring them out and found it wasn't the ideal way. Best way was to position the pins where you want them on the slam panel. Drill and fit them, place some marking blue or wet marker on the top of the pins. Lower the bonnet so each pin kisses the bonnet underside and use that as the clearance hole location. No interior shots as yet as I'm still working on that as it's a little sparse in there!

Looking good...

Hi Alan, guess we'll be seeing alot of stupid o'clock posts now and again. Now where are these wedding pics? :D

sarah
13-10-10, 07:33 AM
Oh my god, it looks absolutley bloody........................

STUNNING! very nice work you've done on this and it looks good shiney :D

stamford
13-10-10, 07:36 AM
Oh my god, it looks absolutley bloody........................

STUNNING! very nice work you've done on this and it looks good shiney :D

Thankyou Sarah, as for shiny, well it hasn't seen polish in 5+ years, just a good wash and some Aqua Wax stuff. It's no show car.

sarah
13-10-10, 07:39 AM
no, but it still looks good.

The BMW hadn't been cleaned for a while either until sunday, and that was just a standard wash with meguiars and it looks sweet..

but, i dread to think what it will look like after the Track day we're going on in november!