daytona365
11-10-10, 05:31 PM
Looks smart:clap:

lawrence-zs180
11-10-10, 05:33 PM
looks real nice dude

peterzs
11-10-10, 06:24 PM
Looking good, are the wheels lighter than the straights???

:clap::clap::clap:

andys1981
11-10-10, 06:33 PM
did he not have addenums on the zs

peterzs
11-10-10, 06:37 PM
Just thought they look lighter, much less alloy than the o/e ones.

:clap::clap::clap:

bigfella
11-10-10, 08:31 PM
Yeah did have Addendums on it, they are up for sale now.

Looks pretty moody with these wheels and big brakes. Built up quite a spec:

Piper cams and Verniers
Lightweight flywheel
ITG
Decat and full stainless pipe
Rota lightweight wheels
XPower springs
Type B diff and steel caged bearings
Wilwood brakes with braided lines

Jay-ZS+
11-10-10, 08:47 PM
Yeah did have Addendums on it, they are up for sale now.

Looks pretty moody with these wheels and big brakes. Built up quite a spec:

Piper cams and Verniers
Lightweight flywheel
ITG
Decat and full stainless pipe
Rota lightweight wheels
XPower springs
Type B diff and steel caged bearings
Wilwood brakes with braided lines

Makes driving more fun with those mods hey ;)

bigfella
11-10-10, 08:55 PM
It certainly does!

ZS Phil
11-10-10, 10:25 PM
Fit

Maxfly
12-10-10, 06:54 AM
Not bad a spec at all:) What is the weight differnce between those wheels and standards?? Bet they make an obvious difference when on the move if it is half decent!

bigfella
12-10-10, 06:56 AM
They are 7.5kg's each I believe, the Straights were around 11.5kg.

Maxfly
12-10-10, 07:09 AM
They are 7.5kg's each I believe, the Straights were around 11.5kg.

Nice one, that's the weight of a small child:D Should make a cracking difference right enough, were the uber expensive or pretty reasonable?

stamford
12-10-10, 07:22 AM
Is that wheel weight or including tyre? I must look out mine now, think mine were heavier but at the time I had a set of track wheels so the ones I have were for show. Yours has a healthy spec, I'm still playing catch up.

bigfella
12-10-10, 08:27 AM
Nice one, that's the weight of a small child:D Should make a cracking difference right enough, were the uber expensive or pretty reasonable?

They weren't too bad, brand new I paid around ?480 including locking nuts, spigots and centre caps.

Is that wheel weight or including tyre? I must look out mine now, think mine were heavier but at the time I had a set of track wheels so the ones I have were for show. Yours has a healthy spec, I'm still playing catch up.

Its all money, and now I don't have much left!! The weight is excluding the tyre I believe.

stamford
12-10-10, 10:48 AM
Unfortunately these nice parts don't come cheap, hence why my car is taking so long to modify, but I'm not that bothered as it means it gets done eventually and I enjoy it more. Been there before buying loads of gear all at once and then getting bored. Probably explains why I have had it so long!

So how long have you had this one? I remember the threads going back a while when you first thought of the Seat swap. How does it compare?

bigfella
12-10-10, 12:21 PM
Blimey your memory is good!

Seat was different, fairly well made with some nice toys. The MG is obviously more "raw" and a bit quicker.

Difficult choice really, I should never have fitted 18" wheels to the Seat, it made the boat like handling even worse.

I do agree, if you have everything at once it does make you get bored very quickly - its taken me nearly 3 years to get to this stage.

stamford
12-10-10, 12:47 PM
Nearly 3 years! That has flown by! I think those of us that know the ZS will be honest and say it will never set the world alight, but we know a decent enough package when we see one. Once fettled it is a capable chassis and can deliver some fun without the worry of big repairs.

Dan1971
12-10-10, 12:56 PM
I'm not so sure to be honest. I think dark wheels suit lighter coloured cars.

I like the Silver wheels on your car in your sig. If I'm right, you're the guy with the non-standard leather interior ? If I'm right get them pics up mate. Love the seats.

The reduced weight (wheels) thing does make me smile. I guarantee most of us cart round 15+Kgs of rubbish in the cars anyway. Right now I've got 3 full sets of golf clubs in the boot of my barge. Doesn't feel any different at all !

Maxfly
12-10-10, 01:10 PM

I like the Silver wheels on your car in your sig. If I'm right, you're the guy with the non-standard leather interior ? If I'm right get them pics up mate. Love the seats.

The reduced weight (wheels) thing does make me smile. I guarantee most of us cart round 15+Kgs of rubbish in the cars anyway. Right now I've got 3 full sets of golf clubs in the boot of my barge. Doesn't feel any different at all !

With the weight being in the wheels, i bet the differnce is pretty noticeable tbh as even changing crap wheels on my old cars the difference, to put it mildly was surprising:)

Dave MGT
12-10-10, 06:44 PM

????? yes... but your engine isnt trying to spin around that 15kg of crap like it is with the wheels!!! thats the differance
Each kg lost from the wheel is the same as loosing somthing like 15-20kg of weight in the car (dont quote me on those figures though)

Same principle with a light weight flywheels.... do they make you smile as well :)

Jay-ZS+
12-10-10, 06:51 PM
All about the unsprung mass ;)

Dan1971
13-10-10, 07:48 AM
:oops: Then I shall take a back seat again re the weight matters ..... (Can't find the "Get my coat" ) Smilie .... and :bow: to the gurus.

bigfella
13-10-10, 09:15 AM
Haha, don't worry about it mate!

Tell you what I would like to do, as with the mods I have they have been done over several years so things have been rather subtle. I would like to drive a completely standard 180 just to see what difference as it has made on a whole.

bigfella
13-10-10, 11:53 AM
If I'm right, you're the guy with the non-standard leather interior ? If I'm right get them pics up mate. Love the seats.

BTW - yep thats me, pictures... not sure if I have any to hand at the moment. They were a mission but look pretty good. However the Mrs isn't too impressed as they have no height adjustment - great for me as I am tall.