PDA

View Full Version : Spent some money on the car for a change!

ZS
13-10-10, 07:18 AM
Well I spent some money on the car for once...

Sorry about the quality of my "tempory phone" camera...

I have also fitted the Headlight washer nozzles to cover the holes... but no pics of that ;)

stamford
13-10-10, 07:21 AM
Nice Sam, liking the wheels and looks good with the pug brake kit too. Are you sitting on standard springs? Looks like it could drop a few mm's, but that might be me.

Jay-ZS+
13-10-10, 07:23 AM
Very nice, liking the superleggera's :D

sarah
13-10-10, 07:26 AM
Very nice, but you've parked awfully close to the kerb in that first pic.... :huh:

ZS
13-10-10, 07:30 AM
Nice Sam, liking the wheels and looks good with the pug brake kit too. Are you sitting on standard springs? Looks like it could drop a few mm's, but that might be me.

Yes Standard Springs... and I think some of the bushes are starting to wear as well (although not bad for a car thats done a few miles short of 100,000 miles!!

I wanted some LEDA springs... but since they are no longer around I'm not sure what to go for now...

Very nice, but you've parked awfully close to the kerb in that first pic.... :huh:

The spaces at work are so bloody small you have no choice but to over hang the path, if you don't your arse sticks out and you risk being side swiped!

stamford
13-10-10, 07:31 AM
I've got a set of Eibach lowering springs in my garage going spare ;)

sarah
13-10-10, 07:35 AM
The spaces at work are so bloody small you have no choice but to over hang the path, if you don't your arse sticks out and you risk being side swiped!

You'd love parking where i live then, the spaces are tighter and thinner and what's even worse the people who live round here haven't got a clue how to park AT ALL!

good job the BMW is out the way in the corner, away from the risk of being side swiped.

ZS
13-10-10, 07:36 AM
I've got a set of Eibach lowering springs in my garage going spare ;)

Think I'll swap the gearbox out first!!! Since thats a necessity rather than a Nicety :)

But... err... how easy is it to fit the springs? :angel::angel:

ZS
13-10-10, 07:37 AM
You'd love parking where i live then, the spaces are tighter and thinner and what's even worse the people who live round here haven't got a clue how to park AT ALL!

good job the BMW is out the way in the corner, away from the risk of being side swiped.

I've brought the Landie in to work before - noone messes and for some reason I end up with a free parking space either side of me :D

Trouble is I can't put the kids in the landie (No fixed seats and no belts so can't fit the child seats)

stamford
13-10-10, 07:39 AM
Think I'll swap the gearbox out first!!! Since thats a necessity rather than a Nicety :)

But... err... how easy is it to fit the springs? :angel::angel:

I'm sure we can sort something out, gearbox/type B etc ;)

Springs are easy enough if nothing seizes and nothing breaks! If all bolts come undone as they should, all you will need is a spring compressor to remove the stock springs, not required to re-assemble. You can borrow mine.

ZS
13-10-10, 07:41 AM
Very nice, liking the superleggera's :D

Thanks Jay,

I wasn't sure on the colour when I first got them... Black with a silver overlay "dusted" accross the front surface, but now they are fitted I think they look quite good :)

Now, if only I could swap my Chrome XPower Knob for a Black XPower Knob! (Then I'd have a Shiney Black Knob.... ooo err!!)

Phate
13-10-10, 07:42 AM
Springs are easy enough if nothing seizes and nothing breaks! If all bolts come undone as they should

LOL - This is a ZS.

Ofcourse this won't be the case :mml:

Dan1971
13-10-10, 07:43 AM
Like the wheels mate ....

ZS
13-10-10, 07:44 AM
Springs are easy enough if nothing seizes and nothing breaks! If all bolts come undone as they should, all you will need is a spring compressor to remove the stock springs, not required to re-assemble. You can borrow mine.

TBH the biggest problem working on the car at this time of the year is its soo dark after the kids go to bed!!

Wouldn't be so bad if the car would swing into the garage!!! (Garage is so close to the house you could just about swing an origional mini in if your lucky)

Jay-ZS+
13-10-10, 07:45 AM
LOL - This is a ZS.

Ofcourse this won't be the case :mml:

Very true!