PDA

View Full Version : I need new tyres

Tommy
14-10-10, 10:13 PM
any suggestions?

Dan1971
14-10-10, 10:21 PM
Depends on your budget mate really - I put a set of Khumo Ecstas on mine and they did me fine. Hancook V12s get decent reports here too - I think that's what RitchyP runs.

Loads of threads on here about tyres mate ....

Tommy
14-10-10, 10:33 PM
thanks mate, will have a butchers!

Maxxed_Ross
15-10-10, 06:15 AM
I've just fitted Baurum Bravius (I think that's how you spell it) to both Astras and really like them.

They're budget in price, but made by Continental and so far have been flawless in both the dry and the wet

Got Goodyear Eagle F1's on the Impreza and love them too, but they are quite expensive

stamford
15-10-10, 07:36 AM
Past tyres have been Hankooks, very good tyre, not bad all rounder. Toyo T1R, very good in the dry, not too bad in the wet but too soft a compound and didn't wear as well as the Hankooks. Currently on Falken 452, so far no issues and wearing quite well, still got some more driving to do before I can fully comment on the performance.

Ritchy
15-10-10, 07:45 AM
me, pete and kev have the v12 evo hankook tyres on, in the budget tyre price range, slightly dearer but are really good tyres imho, grip well and not had any scry moments on them since fitting, no bad road noise either, the s1 evos are currently fitted on new fiestas out the factory

think i heard they are made by michelin but i cant confirm that, they feel like good tyres when handling, cheap tyres feel like plastic

andys1981
15-10-10, 08:53 AM
me, pete and kev have the v12 evo hankook tyres on, in the budget tyre price range, slightly dearer but are really good tyres imho, grip well and not had any scry moments on them since fitting, no bad road noise either, the s1 evos are currently fitted on new fiestas out the factory

think i heard they are made by michelin but i cant confirm that, they feel like good tyres when handling, cheap tyres feel like plastic

it was a toyo t1s on the front,and hankook v12s on the back of ma old zs,its ventus k104s all round on the zr

Phate
15-10-10, 08:57 AM
I had BF-Goodrich G-Sport Profiliers on my car and whilst not amazing in the wet, this just reminded me not to drive like a moron. In the dry and other whether they were great, wore well as well and didn't break the bank.

caled
15-10-10, 09:27 AM
I'm liking the Avon ZZ3s I have all round on mine, looking ~?100 a corner fitted at most local tyre places (or cheaper if you buy them online). Good in the dry, and they've felt planted in the wet, too.

This site might be of some use to you: clicky (http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/)

haGGard
15-10-10, 10:31 AM
I've got pirelli p-zero on the front and just got some new falken 912's on the rear. Both are good i think, and the p-zero's are great.

car13
15-10-10, 11:29 AM
Depends what you want just having 4 fitted to the ZTT (work plodder)
49 each fitted same price for 17's from Ears Motorsport.

I dont expect them to be yokohama grip wise however they will be fine
for motorway work.

p_b82
15-10-10, 01:53 PM
I had BF-Goodrich G-Sport Profiliers on my car and whilst not amazing in the wet, this just reminded me not to drive like a moron. In the dry and other whether they were great, wore well as well and didn't break the bank.

I have used them a a lot, i prefer them to the T1-R's due to wear rates. hated conti's that came with the car tbh

if you go to hull tyres (online shop) they will do them for ?80ish a corner + delivery.

one thing to note is that the BF G's will not give good grip when at the legall tyre limit, so make sure you change them at 2mm of tread to be on the safe side. I know this from nearly having a slow speed accident wher the tyres gave up grip (repeatedly) the abs kicked in and i nearly trundled into a roundabout...

car13
15-10-10, 02:16 PM
I have used them a a lot, i prefer them to the T1-R's due to wear rates. hated conti's that came with the car tbh

if you go to hull tyres (online shop) they will do them for ?80ish a corner + delivery.

one thing to note is that the BF G's will not give good grip when at the legall tyre limit, so make sure you change them at 2mm of tread to be on the safe side. I know this from nearly having a slow speed accident wher the tyres gave up grip (repeatedly) the abs kicked in and i nearly trundled into a roundabout...

http://www.toyo.co.uk/uploads/products/2st.jpg
Must admit the Toyo Proxes T1-R is the best all rounder we found for the ZS, we use these as our wet race tyres the grip is first rate, they are good in dry but we use R888 or Silverstone tyres for drys

stamford
15-10-10, 02:32 PM
http://www.toyo.co.uk/uploads/products/2st.jpg
Must admit the Toyo Proxes T1-R is the best all rounder we found for the ZS, we use these as our wet race tyres the grip is first rate, they are good in dry but we use R888 or Silverstone tyres for drys

:hmmm: guess the quality of the circuit surfaces has alot to do with wet grip whereas I found them a little vague on the road at times, no bad but I wasn't that confident with them. My old K104 Hankooks were pretty good, but I think they are obsolete now.

Maxxed_Ross
15-10-10, 02:33 PM
how are the Silverstones holding up? I'm looking into them for the ZS if they do them wide enough

Leigh_EvoIX
15-10-10, 04:15 PM
I'm liking the Avon ZZ3s I have all round on mine, looking ~?100 a corner fitted at most local tyre places (or cheaper if you buy them online). Good in the dry, and they've felt planted in the wet, too.

This site might be of some use to you: clicky (http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/)

I've got ZZ3's on the front and vreidestein on the rear of mine... Both seem very good!!

Tommy
15-10-10, 10:50 PM
well, im thinking hancooks or t1's, so will let you know! will be in early november (after pay day!)

talkingcars
16-10-10, 08:53 AM
any suggestions?

Avon ZZ3
supplied by Camskill
fitted by local tyre company found using blackcircle agent list
managed 15k of hard driving on the front
on my 2nd set

talkingcars
16-10-10, 08:55 AM
I have toyo proxi T1-Rs on my T16 maestro - very good but they do wear quicker than the ZZ3.

If you go for toyo make sure you get the T1-R and not the T1-S which are cheaper in cost and lesser in quality.