PDA

View Full Version : Sorning

Bobdope2002
27-10-10, 06:07 PM
Daft question i know but i think im going to have to sorn my car because funds are a bit low until the second week of the month

Can i just sorn the car for a week and then go and tax it when i have the money or is theyre a time period you must adhere to

I remember at one point you had like 14 days into the next month to tax it before having to sorn it does this rule still apply????

Ritchy
27-10-10, 06:15 PM
pretty sure you can yes, can do it all online as well

stamford
27-10-10, 08:59 PM
http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/

this will tell all.

tcb 180
28-10-10, 07:00 AM
The 14 day grace as it was called is a vosa period in which you may tax your car. In the eyes of the law however, the tax expires beyond midnight of the last day of the month. You will get a letter after a fixed period reminding you that you need to tax it or sorn it anyway.

ThumpJunkie
28-10-10, 09:15 AM
You can't retax until 21 days after its SORN date. When I took the Rover off the road it was finished quicker than I had expected, but I couldn't tax it again until the three weeks had passed.

Stevedx
28-10-10, 12:44 PM
Not sure that applies anymore, I am responsible at my work for sorting tax on all our buses, well yesterday I sorned one, that is due for renewel at the end of the month, then today due to an incident they had to put that bus back on the road, so I went to the local DVLA office and retaxed it.

ThumpJunkie
29-10-10, 09:30 AM
Not sure that applies anymore, I am responsible at my work for sorting tax on all our buses, well yesterday I sorned one, that is due for renewel at the end of the month, then today due to an incident they had to put that bus back on the road, so I went to the local DVLA office and retaxed it.
It applied on Monday when I SORNed the Rover for the winter!

Stevedx
29-10-10, 10:02 AM
weird dunno then