PDA

View Full Version : Getting Fooked off with the car right now!

Steves Cleenz
30-10-10, 10:34 PM
its got to the stage where it just needs money throwing in to it, CV is clicking its head off, Inlet manifold has started to rattle, Using sh1t loads of fuel at the moment which i think is down to the inlet manifold, and come out to it this morning and it has decided to dump all its coolant over the floor which i think is down to the thermostat as its soaked in the "V", the thing that makes it worse is when you get pissed about by people who owe you money so that i can pay for these things to be fixed, so at teh moment i running like a proper K series owner with 5 litres tub of water in the boot lol!

daytona365
30-10-10, 11:00 PM
Know how ya feel. When a car is running ok, you just love it to bits, but when it plays up, you begin to consider torching it.........My Zed got the prob with the rough running, and a huff in the exhaust, that all it needs is to get it up on a ramp and refit. Can I find the time, no, so just scream at him everytime I start it up.

Got him booked in with my friendly nationwide exhaust fitter on Sat, so will be all happy and love him again:clap:

stamford
31-10-10, 11:07 AM
I know how you feel Steve, I've had a run of issues with mine but have now got through the other side and loving it again! It's having a moan at you for not giving it some love mate! :D

Broken suspension, sheared bolts, thermostat leaking, cambelts, water pump, rubbing wheels etc. All sorted now, well apart from flaring the rear arches!

Ritchy
31-10-10, 11:09 AM
ah sure youll be able to sort all that steve, bet youll enjoy doing it as well

Jay-ZS+
31-10-10, 11:31 AM
Just think you could have an Alfa and have these issues!
http://www.topgear.com/UK/videos/alfa-challenge-2

Steves Cleenz
31-10-10, 11:43 AM
ah sure youll be able to sort all that steve, bet youll enjoy doing it as well

probally not lol:crazy:

lawrence-zs180
31-10-10, 12:02 PM
ebay has just been flooded by manifolds all for about 120-170 if thats any help.

Ritchy
31-10-10, 12:04 PM
itll be one of things once you start doing it youll probably not mind, its thinking about it

peterzs
31-10-10, 12:12 PM
Have to get the credit control working, give them 14 days to pay up or else!! I know its hard chasing but some people rely on that.

Its no fun doing the work and then struggling to get the cash in, got to come down hard Steve, or you wont see the money.

Get the money in and get the car sorted, all cars have issues, least you know yours and what its like when its running 100%.

More than pleased with my result and its so much easier to keep clean, think you deserve more than the odd slow payer.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

MG ZS STE
31-10-10, 06:57 PM
Inlet manifold has started to rattle, Using sh1t loads of fuel at the moment which i think is down to the inlet manifold

im sure i read somewhere that the manifold on your typhoon was bomb proof. what happened to that?

Oh and peters right. small entrepreneurs like yourself rely on cashflow. when it comes to credit it should be made clear. pay-up within the agreed terms or i'm sending the boys round!

Steves Cleenz
31-10-10, 08:58 PM
im sure i read somewhere that the manifold on your typhoon was bomb proof. what happened to that?

Oh and peters right. small entrepreneurs like yourself rely on cashflow. when it comes to credit it should be made clear. pay-up within the agreed terms or i'm sending the boys round!

wasnt that bomb proof lol, think just under 2 years its been on my car

Maxfly
31-10-10, 09:53 PM
wasnt that bomb proof lol, think just under 2 years its been on my car

was it a brand new replacment you put on steve or a second hand part? :)

MG ZS STE
01-11-10, 11:48 AM
was it a brand new replacment you put on steve or a second hand part? :)

it was once this gentlemans;

http://forums.xpowerforums.com/showthread.php?t=55934

p_b82
01-11-10, 09:45 PM
Sorry to hear that you have been having troubles Steve.. but just be grateful it dont eat head gaskets like mine....

I am also like a K series driver and have 5L of water in the boot :laugh:

I am sure that the car will come good again soon - i am starting to trust i will get to my end destination again :D