PDA

View Full Version : where to get a cheap major service for ZS ?

kkman
05-11-10, 12:45 AM
got a quote from Nationwide Autocentre.

full service is 189 quid.:morepics:

major service is 249 quid.:morepics:

the value of my car is only 1400...damn it..

The dealer told me that he carried out a full service for my car,however he only changed the timing belt and tensioner and stamped on the service book.

Tomorrow, I'm gonna ask the stuff in NA whether my car has been serviced. Guys the answer is negative, should I ask the dealer to do the promised full service for me.

He may rejected, coz I'v got the car for one month and I'm a foreigner he is local.

I cant really affort that service now.:osama::osama::osama:

peterzs
05-11-10, 08:16 AM
If this is the car with the stuff in the water, I'd get that sorted first.

If the head gasket has gone you will get new oil and filter done as part of the repair.

Phate
05-11-10, 08:38 AM
Throw us ?100 and I'll do it for you :thumbsup:

MG ZS STE
05-11-10, 07:35 PM
find out if they changed the oil when they did the belts, some will drop the oil if its been overfilled or it pi$$'s out when you take the dipstick off. Plugs are good for 40,000, or so i've read so only really need changing every alternate service anyway. Still makes sence to do'em when your changing the belts as you need to remove the plenum to get access to the rear bank. Only other things to really be concerned about are filters, and you could do them yo'self.

Also, i'd be interested in what Nationwide include in their full and major service. get'em to itemise it fo'ya.

kkman
07-11-10, 04:13 AM
Throw us ?100 and I'll do it for you :thumbsup:

are u serious phate~~~

:indian:

Huffy
07-11-10, 09:22 AM
where abouts are you based ?

I have a great mechanic in manchester, if you can put up with him slagging of your car like he does mine!

Phate
07-11-10, 12:12 PM
are u serious phate~~~

:indian:

If you supply the bits then sure. I know how to service them. Where are you based?

kkman
09-11-10, 03:37 AM
If you supply the bits then sure. I know how to service them. Where are you based?

the dealer did it for me, thanks anyway Phate:bounce::bounce::bounce: