PDA

View Full Version : Rover coupe 1.8 in BRG for sale

Ravinder_Tomcat220T
10-11-10, 11:52 PM
Hi guys. It's time to call it a day on my Rover 1.8 VVC coupe.
Unfortunately the HG has gone and it is taking taking up all the water like nobodys business. I just don't have the time or money to get it fixed now.
The HG was initially done back in Dec last year when it was going and I thought it was all good and dandy and in the last month or so I had suspected HGF again and this was confirmed. I don't know how it has gone again.
I got a quote of ?500 to get it fixed off somebody who does know what he is doing.
I would prefer to let the car go as a whole to someone that may want to keep it on the road and fix her up or to somebody that maybe wants to learn their way around the motor and have it as a little project.
She is a BRG Rover coupe 1.8 vvc engine (143bhp standard)
Has full smokestone interior
Air con (doesn't work - may need regass?)
Cat back exhaust system with slash cut tailpipe (sounds sweet)
Will come with 15" vvc 5 spoke alloys and rainsport tyres with reasonable tread.
Taxed until end of April 2011
MOTd until Aug 2011.

Bodywork is ok. Not great. Some rust on both of the rear arches. Some laquer peel above the passenger door. Couple of small patches of rust on the passenger door and the rear spoiler is quite badly bubbled and paint flaked off it. But I have seen worse looking coupes out there! Recently replaced the front bumper, bonnet and headlights, drivers side door and wing mirrors. Looks so much better then it was before. Bonnet is very clean and so is the door.

If it comes to it, I will take off what I can and try and sell the bits seperately such as interior etc but would rather sell it as a whole.
?350 since it was taxed recently and motd and someone can have the whole lot.
May reduce the cost if I can get some of my road tax money back.
The car starts fine but I would strongly advise against driving it until it is fixed because it has got worse and the dipstick is covered in mayo. I have kept the car off the road now for the last two weeks.

I'm sorry it has come to this but I think I will have to cut my losses now. She has served me well over the 7 years (in Jan) that I have owned her.

Thanks, Rav. :(

ZS
11-11-10, 06:57 AM
Where is the car located? :)

Ravinder_Tomcat220T
11-11-10, 06:18 PM
It's in Fife, Scotland. You interested?

ZS
15-11-10, 09:40 AM
It's in Fife, Scotland. You interested?

Not at that distance :) Sorry, I'm in portsmouth!