PDA

View Full Version : Rare Nightfire Red ZS

TurboZed
10-07-07, 09:54 PM
Its quite common colour on ZR's but ZS's are quite rare. I believe it was only available to special order..
anyway unfortunately its not a very photogenic colour either, tends to look very flat in a picture.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q252/kaptainjimmyladd/NewZSpic1.jpg

shroonie29
10-07-07, 09:56 PM
Looks good in the flesh though mate :yes:

Shroon

paul-zs180
10-07-07, 09:56 PM
still looks good mate, ive always been a fan of nightfire

sduk
10-07-07, 09:57 PM
that is cracking mate! v nice, what engine is in it? not sure if its just the angle of the pic but it looks to sit low aswell, is it on standard springs?

TurboZed
10-07-07, 10:16 PM
Hee Hee! I could say some rude things about the Mrs sitting in it!, But no its on standard springs, its just that fat heavy diesel engine dragging it down! Its been breathed upon, now producing about 135-140 horses..well it was until the MAF sensor started to fail. I've recently upgraded the brakes to disks all round, fitted 180 side skirts and front splitter and fitted a Rover 400 cruise control. Next thing planned is fitting a Rover 600 electric arial as the standard roof mounted one it utter rubbish.
It was good to park it next to a Firefrost 180 at the last Warrington meet, it shows the slight difference in the colours quite well side by side. Its funny how Firefrost is quite a photogenic colour and Nightfire isn't yet they are very close colour wise....
Cheers
Jim

arwilson80
10-07-07, 10:39 PM
It does look very 'normal red' in the pic, and i haven't ever seen a nightfire one to appreciate what it is really like. :( Am sure it's lovely though... :thumbsup:

chris25
15-07-07, 10:11 AM
Looks good pal, I'd get rid of the hairpins though!
What code is the red? Mines CAQ and I always find it looks STUNNING after a good megs polish
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c400/plum25/Picture93177466-1.jpg

michaelb
15-07-07, 10:27 AM
looks nice m8. nightfire is quite rare on later cars as it was special order only. i had problems getting touch up pencils etc when i first got my 25. even the dealers didn't know it existed.

code from memory is CBT for nightfire red 3. its a totally different shade to the earlier ones.....seems much deeper and richer.

this was my 25 in the same colour......it does come up in pics but you have to get the lighting right.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/rovercrazy73/front2005.jpg

ian zs180
15-07-07, 11:48 AM
does look good in the flesh and very very rare in the zs like you say

Stevedx
15-07-07, 11:51 AM
Very nice

TurboZed
15-07-07, 04:48 PM
Looks good pal, I'd get rid of the hairpins though!
What code is the red? Mines CAQ and I always find it looks STUNNING after a good megs polish
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c400/plum25/Picture93177466-1.jpg
I've always prefered the hairpins over the straights, or any other aftermarket alloys! Likewise I prefer the low profile boot spoier to the extream one! It would be a boring world if we all liked the same though!
Is that colour of yours Copperleaf?

looks nice m8. nightfire is quite rare on later cars as it was special order only. i had problems getting touch up pencils etc when i first got my 25. even the dealers didn't know it existed.

code from memory is CBT for nightfire red 3. its a totally different shade to the earlier ones.....seems much deeper and richer.

this was my 25 in the same colour......it does come up in pics but you have to get the lighting right.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/rovercrazy73/front2005.jpg
Great photo matey, really captures it nicely. My camera is a leftover from the early days of digital. Your jaw would hit the deck if I told you how much I paid for it. You can buy a camera twice as good today for about £70! The paint code is CBT

does look good in the flesh and very very rare in the zs like you say
Funnily enough, there is a 120 in the same colour as mine I often see in the local supermarket car park. I've managed to park next to it a couple of times, but I've never seen its owner. I have never seen another ZS in nightfire, although I think a guy over on .org has one. As far as I can work out, it was special order only on ZS, and available for only about 9 months, copperleaf been the colour before, and firefrost afterwards.
Jim

chris25
16-07-07, 08:35 PM
I've always prefered the hairpins over the straights, or any other aftermarket alloys! Likewise I prefer the low profile boot spoier to the extream one! It would be a boring world if we all liked the same though!
Is that colour of yours Copperleaf?
Jim

Lol fair enough, I prefer the straights, and I prefer the mk2 180 alloys even more! I'm kind of with you on the spoiler front though, well I like both for different reasons anyway :) Nah it's CAQ nightfire red, looks the nipples after a good polish, always get compliments

TurboZed
16-07-07, 11:30 PM
It would be interesting to park yours next to mine to see the differance. ****** me if I didn't see ANOTHER ZS in CBT nightfire today in the next town to where I live. How dare they be so many!:laugh: