PDA

View Full Version : FTAO Diesel Owners!!!

rakester
23-11-10, 04:07 PM
I was wondering if a 400/45/ZS DIESEL owner could do me an epic favor.

I'm after a picture of the gearbox mount on passenger side of the engine bay. I want to see what mount they use.

I would offer a free :svk: sticker but you unless your from the ZR site you probably won't understand it haha.

Cheers!

peterzs
23-11-10, 04:12 PM
Can you see it from the engine bay, or do you have to get underneath the car???

rakester
23-11-10, 04:26 PM
I'm not entirely sure to be honest bud, I've not had much experience with the L series (not sure what surrounds the bay / how easy it would be to see)

I just want to see if the gearbox / passenger side mount if the same as this...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/petet16/100_1170.jpg

peterzs
23-11-10, 04:41 PM
Looks like it might be easier if there's a derv up your neck of the wood, so you can get under.

:clap::clap::clap:

petet16
23-11-10, 04:47 PM
You might be able to see it from above, on a 180 it's almost completely hidden, I don't know wether a diesel is as congested as a V6 engine bay, the pic Jacob used is my T16 which has the battery in the boot, so everything at the g/box end of the engine is really accessable.

rakester
23-11-10, 04:51 PM
Looks like it might be easier if there's a derv up your neck of the wood, so you can get under.

No worries pal :)

You might be able to see it from above, on a 180 it's almost completely hidden, I don't know wether a diesel is as congested as a V6 engine bay, the pic Jacob used is my T16 which has the battery in the boot, so everything at the g/box end of the engine is really accessable.

Sorry should have stated I nicked your pic :)

peterzs
23-11-10, 04:54 PM
I'll have a look tomorrow, see what its like and if I can get a photo.

petet16
23-11-10, 04:55 PM
S'alright, no worries:)

rakester
23-11-10, 04:55 PM
Awesome, even if you can't get a pic but are pretty certain it's the same mount that would do :)

p_b82
24-11-10, 11:34 AM
I'll see what i can do too, but not sure what sort of time frames are we looking at.. i an't under it until xmas as my trolley jack and stands are at my folks...

I am convinced i will be able to get anything meaningfull from the top....

rakester
25-11-10, 12:00 PM
No worries :)

Pic isn't a must, just need confirmation really :)

peterzs
25-11-10, 01:38 PM
Had a look in the engine bay, couldnt really see anything.

Did think if its worth having a look round to see if any derv's are for sale near you, can always climb under to check the condition!!!!!