PDA

View Full Version : the rave cd - holy grail!

mccrae
24-11-10, 08:46 AM
Howdy all! I got the rave cd that tells you everything to do with the rover / mg series. So if anyone wanting to find out something please don't hesitate to ask. Recommend getting one if you are keeping your zed - It's the bollocks! :thumbsup:

Southside_ZS
24-11-10, 05:07 PM
Howdy all! I got the rave cd that tells you everything to do with the rover / mg series. So if anyone wanting to find out something please don't hesitate to ask. Recommend getting one if you are keeping your zed - It's the bollocks! :thumbsup:

Also controversial mentioning it on a few forums as the copied versions being sold on ebay are illegal copies to dont go shouting about it on to many forums espically MG-Rover.org. lol

Smokie
24-11-10, 05:15 PM
rave cd?

Southside_ZS
24-11-10, 10:06 PM
rave cd?

MG-R workshop CD's as used in the dealerships. They are great. Like Haynes but 100 times better and cover all models on one disc.

They were copyrighted but obviously got leaked and copied when MG-R went under. Any mention of it on .org and your post gets deleted as they still believe its breach of copyright. They do come in really handy though. Loads of people on ebay selling them.

petet16
25-11-10, 07:10 AM
Yeah, .org really get their Knickers in a twist if rave is mentioned, bless them:smile1:

Marky Mark
25-11-10, 08:46 AM
I've got plenty of rave cd's from back in the day lol :crazy::clap:

MG ZS STE
25-11-10, 12:11 PM
i gave up trying to get a reasonably priced legit cd, twas impossible. instead opted for a very reasonably priced ?0.99 from an on-line rip off aution site, eBay. and i dont have to change the date on my PC everytime i wish to use it.

stamford
25-11-10, 12:13 PM
:hmmm: dilemma.................shall I delete or lock? :laugh:

I've had one for years, however it doesn't seem to load now!

peterzs
25-11-10, 01:54 PM
or buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zippy Saloon
25-11-10, 05:17 PM
Yeah, .org really get their Knickers in a twist if rave is mentioned, bless them:smile1:Try mentioning that the MG6 may not be the greatest car ever made and see what happens!

rakester
25-11-10, 05:42 PM
Does it cover engine mounts of diesels?

Any chance you could screen shot that part for me, i want to know what a diesel 400/45/ZS gearbox side engine mount looks like

Bobdope2002
25-11-10, 06:17 PM
Try mentioning that the MG6 may not be the greatest car ever made and see what happens!

try saying you did 60.1MPH in a 60 zone.........oh christ theyres hell up

petet16
25-11-10, 09:33 PM
I'd noticed that on .org the MG6 appears to be viewed as the best thing since sliced bread, whereas to me it looks like a humdrum far east clone:oops:

Zippy Saloon
26-11-10, 11:22 AM
I'd noticed that on .org the MG6 appears to be viewed as the best thing since sliced bread, whereas to me it looks like a humdrum far east clone:oops:Wash your mouth out young man!
All the 17 year old experts over there who can just about spell "car" agree its far better than ANY Longbridge crap. And just as English
(waits to be put right by one of the .org "experts")

MG ZS STE
26-11-10, 12:11 PM
Try mentioning that the MG6 may not be the greatest car ever made and see what happens!

just went on a black ops mission over to .org for a gander. there seems to be a split camp on the whole new MG range [if you could call it that] i actually think they ain't that bad. if they're gonna be as cheap as the figures i've seen they will do well. Plenty of modern features that lets face it, the MG/R we all love/hate know and are/were used to just wasnt brave enough to try or able to finance.

Maybe the chinks did rover a favour.

caled
26-11-10, 12:56 PM
I dont know what you guys are talking about, the on .org dont seem any more favourable to the MG6 than any of us lot - that is there are mixed opinions on it. My two cents worth, its alright, I even quite like the front end but the rear is horrible as both hatch and saloon versions. Even saw one of the dealers driving one around manchester last summer :-P

I dont suppose there will be .ISOs popping up of the rave cd...?

Southside_ZS
26-11-10, 04:35 PM

Any chance you could screen shot that part for me, i want to know what a diesel 400/45/ZS gearbox side engine mount looks like

Covers absolutly everything mate. Im not on my PC at the min so cant help you but for a couple of quid off ebay its worth buying a copy. Mines come to the rescue many times in the past.

mccrae
29-11-10, 07:06 PM

Will check it out mate

mgzsturbo2008
29-11-10, 07:24 PM

any idea on the tightening torque of the crankshaft carrier (the half of the block that bolts to the top halve)
:yoji: