PDA

View Full Version : so angry.. I've received a fake BMC CDA induction kit from the seller on ebay.

kkman
24-11-10, 12:12 PM
please check this link.

This CDA is not made by BMC

Please check the pic.

damn it.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220693835348&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT:cry::cry::cry:

this is wat I'v received
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb329/Kai_Chen/BMC.jpg?t=1290612667

this is wat I should received
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb329/Kai_Chen/realbmc.jpg?t=1290612781

kkman
24-11-10, 12:13 PM
what should I do ?

I'v already paid for it through paypal

stamford
24-11-10, 12:16 PM
Put a pic up of what you've been sent. If it isn't then email the seller stating it is not as advertised and demand a refund. If this fails contact ebay regarding this as a dispute and hopefully you'll be refunded. Is this a business seller?

petet16
24-11-10, 12:25 PM
As advised above really.

The link you posted looks like a genuine BMC CDA, did you recieve that item, or something different.

Marky Mark
24-11-10, 01:16 PM
It's so annoying when people are not totally honest, contact the seller first to get a full refund, if not, as mentioned file a dispute and contact eBay.

kkman
24-11-10, 02:33 PM
Put a pic up of what you've been sent. If it isn't then email the seller stating it is not as advertised and demand a refund. If this fails contact ebay regarding this as a dispute and hopefully you'll be refunded. Is this a business seller?

pics updated

Maxxed_Ross
24-11-10, 02:37 PM
it certainly looks like a real BMC to me, mine has both the larger type sticker and the small one down the bottom - but those ones are prone to falling off occasionally.

There is a chance it's not real one as it's missing the smaller sticker of course

kkman
24-11-10, 02:48 PM
it certainly looks like a real BMC to me, mine has both the larger type sticker and the small one down the bottom - but those ones are prone to falling off occasionally.

There is a chance it's not real one as it's missing the smaller sticker of course

even if the small one dropped, the larger type sticker looks like a fake one,

check the pic..the larger sticker should has the BMC letter.

Nor
24-11-10, 03:05 PM
Is there a serial number on it? Would it not be an idea to speak to BMC directly and ask them if it's their product? If they say it's not their product and he has advertised it as BMC then it's an open and shut case.

kkman
24-11-10, 03:10 PM
Is there a serial number on it? Would it not be an idea to speak to BMC directly and ask them if it's their product? If they say it's not their product and he has advertised it as BMC then it's an open and shut case.

great idea....i'd make a call right now

kkman
24-11-10, 03:14 PM
Question: CDA not original? Check how to find out…!!!

Before buying a CDA? online, if you’re not sure about who’s selling or simply where the item comes from, use these simple control techniques to see where your CDA? comes from.The first and only product in the sector, with patent and deposited trade mark.The 4 things you can do are:
1 – Check that the trade mark BMC is visible inside the carbon cylinder, printed directly in the treated carbon itself, saying “Patented System”.
2 – Check that the trade mark BMC stand outs in the flanges (engine side and air inlet side), pressed in when moulded.
3 – Check that the CDA? box contains the accessories in a plastic bag marked BMC.
4 – Then check that all distinctive elements are present in the CDA? box (together) with their respective BMC markings, as stated in points 1,2,3.

kkman
24-11-10, 03:16 PM

after check wat the BMC showed on its website, I'm 100% sure, this one is not genuine.!!!!:cry::cry:

stamford
24-11-10, 03:54 PM
Email the seller stating your findings, give him say 48 hours to respond and if he doesn't, report him for selling fake goods and make sure the link is saved or print it off, keep all details.

petet16
24-11-10, 03:56 PM
I would raise a dispute with ebay in that case, the item is not as described.

It is possible that the seller thinks it is genuine, and hasn't deliberately set out to scam buyers.

edit, yes, good idea contact the seller first.

Smokie
24-11-10, 05:30 PM
if its fake and you have paid via paypal you will get ure money back no problems. if you go back through that sellers feedback he bought a CDA filter in nov 2009 so he probably thought it was genuine to be fair to him?

Maxxed_Ross
24-11-10, 05:31 PM
as above, he possibly thought it was a genuine one. I know from looking at the pics I had my doubts if it was a fake or not

I'm sure it'll do the same job though, the internals of all these filters are almost identical anyway

Smokie
24-11-10, 05:34 PM
and just to rub salt in the wound he only paid 42 quid for it!

kkman
24-11-10, 05:41 PM
*******....even the size is wrong , it is 70-130, but what he has described is 80-150.

I cann't fit it with the accessories I'v bought form larkspeed.com

talkingcars
24-11-10, 06:36 PM
Go back to the seller, if no result then ebay and paypal.

kkman
24-11-10, 06:57 PM
If he doesn't reply me, Can I still get the money back through ebay customer service and paypal???

Andyf
24-11-10, 09:19 PM
If he doesn't reply me, Can I still get the money back through ebay customer service and paypal???

Yes, I had a problem with a Sky remote I got not working. The seller agreed to replace it then I heard nothing from him s raised a dispute. I still heard nothing (they contact them on your behalf to say a dispute has been raised and give them time to sort it IIRC). i then got my money back and a message saying they found in my favour.

kkman
24-11-10, 11:20 PM
thanks mate, I got it..

talkingcars
25-11-10, 06:05 AM

If your claim is proved.

Dan1971
25-11-10, 07:03 AM
A few years ago i paid for some furniture - ?500+ that never showed. Paypal used so thought I'd get it all back - only got half.

Try to sort it with the seller first would be my advice.

kkman
01-12-10, 10:20 AM
A few years ago i paid for some furniture - ?500+ that never showed. Paypal used so thought I'd get it all back - only got half.

Try to sort it with the seller first would be my advice.

I got full refund yesterday :mml::mml::mml:

and I got a CDA for free...anyone wants it? offers......lol

stamford
01-12-10, 11:28 AM
I got full refund yesterday :mml::mml::mml:

and I got a CDA for free...anyone wants it? offers......lol

Don't you mean an imitation CDA ;)

Glad it got resolved.

kkman
01-12-10, 01:16 PM
Don't you mean an imitation CDA ;)

Glad it got resolved.

Seller said that I can keep it and I think it still has some value....

Bobdope2002
01-12-10, 02:08 PM
ill give ya ?20 lol

kkman
01-12-10, 02:14 PM
ill give ya ?20 lol

ok,:mml: