PDA

View Full Version : The grass isn't always greener.

marts66
02-12-10, 12:37 PM
So here was me thinking that the Golf 4motion was going to be a great car Should have known and stuck to my zed. Ok the luxury was great, the heated seats and to some extent the 4wheel drive and the straight line speed. But over the twisties I'll take the zed please.

So the golf has gone and I'm back in the MG and couldn't be happier. In the 9 months I had the golf I had to replace an ignition coil, a MAF sensor and on the day the car was sold the rear wiper packed up and ABS and traction control lights came on. Put me in a crappy place when it came to negotiating a price.

For the money what better car than an MG, thanks for memories VAG.:-D

stamford
02-12-10, 01:04 PM
Wow, that's saying something! Whatever happened to 'if only everything in life was as reliable as a VW' advert.

So did you buy another zed or another MG?

marts66
02-12-10, 01:21 PM
I was in the fortunate position to be able to keep the zed which my wife was using, she's now been turfed out into a Clio and ain't too pleased about it. So I'm back in my old 120, I do miss the V6 noise and tractability but not the way too often trips to the petrol station.
I was reading a post from a guy on ukmkiv forum who had just bought a 4motion and was wondering what he could do to mod it and replies came back 'you will spend all your money maintaining it' so you're quite right Mick, what did happen to if only everything..............etc,

stamford
02-12-10, 01:39 PM
Wise move keeping the zed, many would have let it go. Bit mean throwing a Clio at the wife though! :laugh:

andys1981
02-12-10, 03:12 PM
ave had two volkswagens and both were unreliable,my mk4 gti,had a problem after 50 miles of buying it,waterpump failed,and then the cat collapsed

marts66
02-12-10, 04:40 PM
Yep, she's not that keen on the Clio but c'est la vie! And that's the second VAG group car I've had, not sure I'll be bitten again, over-rated for what they are.

andys1981
02-12-10, 05:55 PM
Yep, she's not that keen on the Clio but c'est la vie! And that's the second VAG group car I've had, not sure I'll be bitten again, over-rated for what they are.

and overpriced lol

marts66
02-12-10, 06:06 PM
and overpriced lol

Very, very true :mad: