PDA

View Full Version : Cold effect on ZS?

Jay-ZS+
03-12-10, 02:40 PM
Just wondered what effects this weather was having on peoples zeds.

Mine:
The release for the petrol tank froze, so had to get a screwdriver involved.

The doors handles froze, not closed but once I opened them they wouldnt spring back preventing the doors from closing, until the handle had been pushed in.

Also developed an anoying squeek from the clutch pedal.

Joke is its not even been that cold here. You scots must have some issues or stories!

Boug
03-12-10, 02:43 PM
I'm in Glasgow and have had all of the above except for the clutch. Pain in the arse!

petet16
03-12-10, 02:44 PM
I've had the frozen door handle sketch, and the door seal freezing to the window frame.

rakester
03-12-10, 02:45 PM
Windows jammed, doors jammed, petrol cap jammed, boot jammed, windscreen washer fluid froze as noob before me didn't put antifreeze in.

lawrence-zs180
03-12-10, 02:47 PM
fuel cap, and the doors till I put vasaline on them... silly sod I forgot.

Bobdope2002
03-12-10, 02:49 PM
Fuel Cap is the same on mine

This may sound silly but mine wont open properley anymore and it has to be ragged open

I think when i jammed my keys into get it open i may have bent the lock out place

Does anybody have a piccy of theyres to show me what it should look like??

stamford
03-12-10, 02:50 PM
Mine's fine.........................still covered in snow! :laugh:

The Landy is fine, no issues ;)

lawrence-zs180
03-12-10, 02:51 PM
You got a bag over it mick?

stamford
03-12-10, 02:56 PM
You got a bag over it mick?

No, she won't stretch that far :whistle:

Jay-ZS+
03-12-10, 02:59 PM
Fuel Cap is the same on mine

This may sound silly but mine wont open properley anymore and it has to be ragged open

I think when i jammed my keys into get it open i may have bent the lock out place

Does anybody have a piccy of theyres to show me what it should look like??

Just have to play about with the catch you will have bent it slightly just need to bend it back. Although mine is the same as could be bother to deal with it at half six in the filling station!

lawrence-zs180
03-12-10, 03:00 PM
No, she won't stretch that far

hur hur hur mick

Jem
03-12-10, 03:35 PM
Well last weekend we had very hard frost,And the only problem i had was the passenger door handle must of got stuck when the mrs opened it as it wouldn't release back.

The thing i alllways have problems with is the screeen wash it must be getting frozen somewhere but i dont know where,This year i thought instead of mixing it with water i just pour it in neat but today no fluid came out not even when the car warmed up.

ZS
03-12-10, 07:32 PM
No problems with mine... Perfect and been used every day the last week :)

The Landie however is off the road being fixed!! LMAO MG Beats LandRover in this weather!

grimmy
03-12-10, 07:38 PM
no grief whatsoever on my zs probably cause its been locked in the garage since Sunday as i aint risking burning another clutch out like last year.Went up and dug the garage out for access yesterday went back up and warmed the car up today and no problems to report.

MG ZS STE
03-12-10, 08:03 PM
i've had the early symtoms of sticky throttle valve and hunting idle. only been in the mornings so far and is fine on the way home. My speaky toy clutch sound seems to have abated on these colder mornings but it will probably be back with a vengence.

But this morning the car developed a perculiar sound eminating from i think the boot area. the only way i can even begin to describe it is, you know that sound effect they use on TV when someones speaking to someone on the telephone. its like the noise of the other person, that sped up talking noise they make?

daytona365
03-12-10, 08:59 PM
no grief whatsoever on my zs probably cause its been locked in the garage since Sunday as i aint risking burning another clutch out like last year.Went up and dug the garage out for access yesterday went back up and warmed the car up today and no problems to report.

Mines all snug in the garage also. Saves anyone running inot him, no doors getting stuck. Only prob is the leather seats are damm cold!!!:fun:

Ritchy
03-12-10, 09:06 PM
mines been having a wee sleep up my drive since monday and even then that was only moving it up the drive from saturday.

my zr has been pretty faultless apart from tracking out so not driving that nicely, on my list of things to do.
oh n someones keyed my windscrees:S on the zr, which is weird, i dont scrape my window just let it deprost with the heaters and someones put big swirly scratches on it. weird

Jay-ZS+
03-12-10, 09:50 PM
One think I was going to ask has anyone drill drain holes in their extreme spoiler as I know water can get in them, just worried about it then freezing and damaging the spoiler.

lawrence-zs180
03-12-10, 09:52 PM
I now Have squeeky front os suspension to add to my problems

KevG
03-12-10, 10:07 PM
No problems to report as my is nicely tucked up in the garage, and hasn't turned a wheel since last Friday!

Ritchy
03-12-10, 10:16 PM
No problems to report as my is nicely tucked up in the garage, and hasn't turned a wheel since last Friday!

im getting used to having a second car too kev:D makes you appreciate it more when you get back in the zs too

KevG
03-12-10, 10:31 PM
im getting used to having a second car too kev:D makes you appreciate it more when you get back in the zs too

I does mate, but in my families case we have 3 cars, lol

andys1981
04-12-10, 06:17 AM
mines been having a wee sleep up my drive since monday and even then that was only moving it up the drive from saturday.

my zr has been pretty faultless apart from tracking out so not driving that nicely, on my list of things to do.
oh n someones keyed my windscrees:S on the zr, which is weird, i dont scrape my window just let it deprost with the heaters and someones put big swirly scratches on it. weird

its probably ice inside the car ritchy,mines was a nightmare for two days,going to the shop last night heard a clicking/clunking noise every bump,fecking pass door was half open lol,really need to keep the choons doon when am driving lol

Ritchy
04-12-10, 09:14 AM
lol, my dad was kayaking last saturday and i got the pickup on the sunday, hed left one of his gloves on the dash and it was frozen solid.
was this time last year i was doing the auto electrics and coach works, cars coming in with waterleaks and the spare wheel well being a big solid lump of ice, if you where careful you could lift it out in one piece have a big spare wheel well mould

p_b82
06-12-10, 03:14 PM
hmm mine has behaved istelf impecably so far..... it started (just) in -2 after being buried at hearthow, and i know the reason that it wont start well atm is because it has only 1 working glow plug dammit....

It id however have frozen screen wash, even tho it is a very neat mixture, so i suspect the lines rather than the bottle....

oh and cooant is going some-where..... and not visibly leaking :'(

Murray
06-12-10, 08:40 PM
I've been not too bad with the 45.

Just usual frozen screen wash. Inside door handle on drivers side popped the rod off, had to open the window to get the door open:slap:. Not easy when it freezes shut :laugh:.

Nor
06-12-10, 08:56 PM
lol, my dad was kayaking last saturday and i got the pickup on the sunday, hed left one of his gloves on the dash and it was frozen solid.
was this time last year i was doing the auto electrics and coach works, cars coming in with waterleaks and the spare wheel well being a big solid lump of ice, if you where careful you could lift it out in one piece have a big spare wheel well mould

Fair play to your dad, a brave man :)

mattie007
06-12-10, 09:10 PM
Started mine up for the first time since it was sorned last week and it didnt sound or feel right :( I guess theres just ice in every part!

MG 53 ZED
07-12-10, 04:18 AM
mine has been ok so far touch wood although she does not like starting in the cold, only other thing is i have had to de ice the inside of my windscreen aswell as the outside Lol.

Jem
07-12-10, 06:40 AM
Yes my inside of the windscreen is starting to get a thin layer of ice,Also the drivers window at the bottom.

But since i put a new battery in its been great starting.

stamford
07-12-10, 07:40 AM
Used my zed this morning for the first time in about 2-3 weeks. Left it running for 15mins, all cleared okay with some moisture inside on the windscreen. Went to get some fuel, filler flap was fine :D However went to start it................just spinning nicely and refused to fire, guess I need to clean a couple of sensors. Other than that it's been good as gold.

Huffy
07-12-10, 09:28 AM
Mines fine, went out init yesterday, am amazed at how good the Yoko's are in the snow, much better than the F1's - surprised !?!?!

obviously windows are froozen up, which take a few minutes to clear. boot and cap are all good :D

marts66
07-12-10, 11:42 AM
ABS light keeps coming on, quick fix is to wiggle the connection on the modulator, need to sort this out more permanently, used it everyday throught the snow and no other probs

haGGard
07-12-10, 01:38 PM
I've not had a single issue with the cold on my ZS.

Only 2 things were the windows froze, but i knew that they would anyway so didnt use them.

Also, the heated wing mirrors didn't really have much effect, but to be honest i've not even seen them clear a bit of light condensation before

Hambo-180
07-12-10, 03:40 PM
I've had the frozen door handle sketch, and the door seal freezing to the window frame.

I've had the above apart from that the zed's been great!!! :thumbsup:

Bobdope2002
07-12-10, 03:54 PM
flat battery this morning which is now the norm for the ZS now

daytona365
07-12-10, 09:03 PM
My Zed starts first time, no sticking handles, stuck door rubbers, no ice or snow on any windows.................Only prob I had was the damm garage door froze up!!!!!!!!!. Had to spray deicer on the lock..........Lads at work found that funny...

Jay-ZS+
08-12-10, 12:55 PM
Got another on, the stone chip in the windscreen has now developed to a 10" crack putting it down to the change in heat with the blowers on.

So off to autoglass on Friday, just hope it doesnt go before hand

peterzs
08-12-10, 02:35 PM
Youve not been watching the TV Jay, Autoglass, keep on warning you that will happen.

:yay::yay::yay::super:

p_b82
08-12-10, 04:29 PM
the chip on my window has not got worse in 4 years ;)

MG ZS STE
08-12-10, 04:32 PM
yep, too late now for gavin to fill yer crack.

haGGard
08-12-10, 06:09 PM
Got another on, the stone chip in the windscreen has now developed to a 10" crack putting it down to the change in heat with the blowers on.

Glad i got my chip done a few weeks before the cold weather!!

Although my XR2 had a chip in the screen for years and nothing ever developed.

Jay-ZS+
08-12-10, 06:34 PM
Youve not been watching the TV Jay, Autoglass, keep on warning you that will happen.

:yay::yay::yay::super:

To be honest I was hoping it would as now i can do an insurance job to replace it as it was pitted to hell!!

Ritchy
08-12-10, 07:00 PM
think it only cost ?100 for my windscreen

peterzs
08-12-10, 08:15 PM
Saves the hammer!!!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jay-ZS+
09-12-10, 05:59 AM
Going to auto glass on friday, ?60 and doesn't effect ncb :)

Jay-ZS+
10-12-10, 03:25 PM
Just had the guy from autoglass round, so got a nice new screen. Not had a close look but looks a spot on job.

He was very fond of the ZS said he'd have one tomorrow if it wasnt for parts shortage. Said he would be too afraid it would get damaged.

lawrence-zs180
10-12-10, 03:28 PM
lol I has to be said that I do tend to keep a good eye on who's coming up behind me.... in the car....

I found out the other month that sky insurance dont cover chips in the glass.. so im gonna have to wait till it lets go i suppose.

JIMZS180
11-12-10, 11:32 AM
No problems to report as mine sat under the car port until yesterday, spent the rest of this week running around in Coreys little Pug