PDA

View Full Version : sprintex supercharged 180

neiljm0
12-12-10, 06:43 PM
This is back for sale again seems to have been around for ages
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MG-ZS-180-SPRINTEX-SUPERCHARGED-2004-REDUCED-SELL-/270676713146?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3f0596deba

petet16
12-12-10, 06:57 PM
Seems to be a permanent ebay fixture lol

coreygraham180
12-12-10, 07:00 PM
Seems to be a permanent ebay fixture lol

Why is it that people don't want to touch it is it that bad ???

Bobdope2002
12-12-10, 07:04 PM
Why is it that people don't want to touch it is it that bad ???

Sprintex Supercharger!!

ZS
13-12-10, 09:10 AM
Couple of problems with that car...

Don't like the wheels, its a hatch and what was he thinking with those graphics?

I also have to ask...

"CHECK OUT THE FORUM SITES TO SEE THIS IS A SERIOUS CAR, (PLEASE NOTE THIS CAR IS NOT ON A FORUM SITE)"

If its not on the forums... how can you check the forums to see if it is a serious car??

lawrence-zs180
13-12-10, 10:03 AM
I was interested in this a while ago... until I was given the list of things that would need doing in the engine bay by one of the guys on xpf... looking at another 2k to get it up to scratch.

ZS
13-12-10, 10:11 AM
I was interested in this a while ago... until I was given the list of things that would need doing in the engine bay by one of the guys on xpf... looking at another 2k to get it up to scratch.

I'd consider it if the guy accepted under ?500 :)

Would then change a few things!

lawrence-zs180
13-12-10, 10:26 AM
lol me to... you would have thought that since its been well over 6 months that he would lower the price.

ZS
13-12-10, 10:28 AM
lol me to... you would have thought that since its been well over 6 months that he would lower the price.

Stuck an offer on of ?450... lol see if he accepts :p

lawrence-zs180
13-12-10, 10:31 AM
lol he hasn't got a auto reject... its at least a bit promising

stamford
13-12-10, 12:15 PM
Stuck an offer on of ?450... lol see if he accepts :p

:laugh: as much as that!

ZS
13-12-10, 12:29 PM
:laugh: as much as that!

I figured the Seats and the wheels would be worth something as would a few other bits n bobs that I wouldn't want :p

ZS
13-12-10, 12:39 PM
LMAO! He replied :)

Thanks for your offer but you are having a laugh arn't you? that wouldn't even buy a wheel. Thanks for wasting my time.

Have a good xmas driving arounf in nothing:)

Then another email from him...

Thanks for your offer, really appreciate it NOT!

Please don't respond its boring.

And he sent a counter offer of ?3,295.00

So I responded to him thus...

I was seriously considering the car, but as its a car made by a manufactuer that no longer exists and has been heavily modified it is not worth the money you are asking for.

Plus I have been looking at the supercharger from sprintex for the last 4 years and can confirm that it has brought nothing but trouble for 95% of the people that have tried it! Infact I only know of one car that has been deemed reliable, and this is not it.

A standard Mark 1 ZS 180 on a 04 plate is probably worth ?2k in mint condition, this is nowhere near standard and so ?500 - ?1000 is probably more realistic... Hence my offer of ?450.

Well he's lost this sale :p

Now everyone else offer him ?100 :p lol

lawrence-zs180
13-12-10, 12:51 PM
lol nice one... I expect you will get a interesting reply to that one.

stamford
13-12-10, 12:56 PM
Nice one Sam! :D

ZS
13-12-10, 01:10 PM
He replied...

Your obviously a lunatic because you have contradicted yourself twice in your responce and why would you want something you only know as trouble.
Go away you silly person and grow up. What don't you understand in don't respond, your wasting my time.

Oh by the way the supercharger blew up the other day, only joking but it may make you feel better about wasting your energy for four years on a car you name yourself after.

Get a life and if you can't why don't you buy this car and drive it over a cliff for fun thats all its worth as far as your concerned and if you don't I might do that and put it on u tube for you to enjoy!

I'd rather do that than take what you offered which might buy you a high mileage metro 20years old with rust.

Now have a nice day if you got time between your research.

So I replied with..

Actually I own a ZS180 myself and do buy other MG's to do up and sell on (save them from the scrapyard), hence why I was looking at the Supercharger the last few years, but have never deemed it reliable enough to try out on my daily driver. I was going to buy this car to either test the charger out myself properly, or use as a track car (already has the uprated brakes etc - if the engine blows up I can replace with another standard KV6)

lawrence-zs180
13-12-10, 01:20 PM
oohhhh angry man... I take it that this isnt the first time he has had this haha

neiljm0
13-12-10, 01:27 PM
At least his car has made the forums now

Bobdope2002
13-12-10, 02:17 PM
Hi theyre my name is ugonna stuffitupmyass and im an uganda refugee looking for a new shed to live in...... please please accept my offer off 10000000000 ugandan dollar which i will get my Wife Alotta Vagina to forward to you.........

Help a Refugee

shall i post that up theyre haha

stamford
13-12-10, 03:25 PM
shall i post that up theyre haha

Yes!!!! :D