PDA

View Full Version : Anyone be interested in a clutch cylinder upgrade kit?

rakester
21-12-10, 05:19 PM
I know 'Sheddist' makes these but I'm pretty sure I can provide something similar a lot cheaper due to a few contacts I have.

The bracket probably wouldn't looks as pretty as the 'Sheddist' kit but would perform just as well.

I know some people could also make these themselves but some people don't have the time / space / tools etc

Would consist of the civic parts which are metal instead of plastic, probbaly be around ?100 delivered. I'd obviously pay to be a trader on here or whatever if needs be despite making literally only beer monies from it. Please don't PM asking for one now as I won't be doing it until he new year.

Cheers :)

Jay-ZS+
21-12-10, 05:28 PM
I need to do mine at some point, did pm sheddist last Nov when I bought the car but not heard anything yet, Ive since spent the money I put aside for one. :slap:

If its up to the same quality id be intrested

rakester
21-12-10, 05:30 PM
Yeah would be the same quality, I probably wouldn't have the brackets powder coated though due to extra costs and hassle and would be a slightly different bracket design as I don't have access to a welder but would be just as solid :)

ZS
21-12-10, 08:36 PM
I'd be interested... Can't seem to get hold og Nigel... :)

rakester
21-12-10, 08:42 PM
Cool, I'll get this sorted for in the new year, late Jan kinda time :)

Maxfly
21-12-10, 08:45 PM
Sounds good bud, is a very popular upgrade and if you can make something of the same quality all the better:)

I think Nigel can get a lot of PM's for his kits, if you have not had a reply might be best to send a polite pm asking again:)

grimmy
21-12-10, 08:46 PM
might be interested in one later next year myself

Maxfly
21-12-10, 08:48 PM
might be interested in one later next year myself

Now have two working emergency spares Grimmy if you need one inbetween mate:)

talkingcars
21-12-10, 08:59 PM
I think most of sheddists kits go to breakdowns.

Might even be worth talking to him about going into some sort of partnership.

p_b82
21-12-10, 09:46 PM
I did mine with Rover 600ti parts and bike brake reservoir, had the original bracket re-done to fit the new cylinder and fancy braided pipe rather than have to worry about bending other stuff....

i suspect Sheddist would be happy to share with you or partnership if you are able to as he does have to do a 'shed load' of the things; and it might be easier than re-inventing the wheel as it were.

rakester
21-12-10, 11:18 PM
Yeah might send him a PM, I don't wanna step on his toes but noticed he was a busy dude :)

Maxxed_Ross
22-12-10, 06:56 AM
I'll have one off you ASAP, as the touring car is currently without one at all

ZS
22-12-10, 07:01 AM
TBH I Need one asap as well... otherwise will need to rebleed the OE one for the 20th time in the last six months! (I did have a Sheddist kit on my car... but "borrowed" it for the TY 180 when it was stranded and never refitted back to mine!)

JIMZS180
22-12-10, 08:31 AM
def Interested in one as well

StragglaSteve
22-12-10, 09:00 AM
someone remind mine what these kits are for? and made up of?

cant seem to find the old post :oldtimer:

Maxfly
22-12-10, 09:12 AM
someone remind mine what these kits are for? and made up of?

cant seem to find the old post :oldtimer:

The or clutch hydraulics are **** poor, including the amazing toffee bracket they affix to on the gearbox, really for 180's but may fit other application, just that I am not sure:) oe is plastic and gives up too easily, sheddist Kit is chuck Norris helping you changed gear:D main point is though, luxe your release arm regularly as this seizes up:)

ZS
22-12-10, 09:14 AM
If the arm seazes then no matter what you do it will eat clutch kits... went through three Sheddist kits and four OE kits on the old gearbox! The sheddist kit that survived is now on another car and a rebled OE kit is sitting on my car with the new box... slowly leaking away all its fluid...

StragglaSteve
22-12-10, 09:20 AM
could be a good preventative even if you dont require one just yet, i guess?

my clutch feels fine to me but the car is 8 years old now, so deffo at its stage in life where things are gonna need replacing ;)

Leigh_EvoIX
22-12-10, 10:42 AM
Will you still be able to alter the height of the pedal with your kit jake?

mgzsturbo2008
22-12-10, 01:22 PM
Does any one have a pic of one? my mate fitted one to a customers 180 the other day but was to busy to take a peep . :)

rakester
22-12-10, 03:55 PM
Will you still be able to alter the height of the pedal with your kit jake?

You can't do that with the Sheddist kit can you? In the Sheddist kit it just has a spacer on top of the pedal box to lower the pedal. However due to civic parts used it causes the pedal to go lower anyway due less cc of fluid used? Something like that I read anyway as regards to why the clutch pedal sits lower with the civic parts.

I have just ordered my bits and bobs to make my prototype and will get on the milling machine within the next few days to make up a bracket once the pieces arrive.

So any 'mysteries' as it were will be solved and answered within the next few weeks :)

Maxxed_Ross
22-12-10, 05:17 PM
first dibs lol

rakester
22-12-10, 05:18 PM
Cool, I'll try and get it done before 17th Jan :)

Maxxed_Ross
22-12-10, 05:21 PM
thanks dude, one less thing I can score off the list

Maxfly
22-12-10, 05:46 PM
Does any one have a pic of one? my mate fitted one to a customers 180 the other day but was to busy to take a peep . :)

best i have to hand mate

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a371/Maxfly/ZS%20180/a0096c17.jpg

shows the copper piping, part of bracket and cylinder:)

talkingcars
22-12-10, 05:57 PM
You can adjust the peddle height on the Sheddist.

Captain Bluebear
22-12-10, 08:47 PM
I'll be looking to upgrade my car after Christmas so put me down for a kit please. :D

I'll also be looking for a company in the Midlands to fit it too, if anyone could recommend a garage experienced with this job?

Maxfly
22-12-10, 09:28 PM
I'll be looking to upgrade my car after Christmas so put me down for a kit please. :D

I'll also be looking for a company in the Midlands to fit it too, if anyone could recommend a garage experienced with this job?

tbh mate, if Jake supplies good instructions you should manage it yourself nae bother. Managed to fit mine without instructions to the Green Zs (laptop disc drive was in the huff) and it is a pretty straight forward job, a lot easier than you think tbh. Couple of footery bits but nowt to tax ye, if you can changed a heater resistor you can do this:) An makes it cheaper too:D

Captain Bluebear
22-12-10, 09:55 PM
Ok then I'll have a look at what's involved. http://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll326/piscisvisio/web/tool.gif

rakester
22-12-10, 10:08 PM
You can adjust the peddle height on the Sheddist.

Can you explain how mate? Ive read ll the info on it and can't see how? In the posts I saw there was just a space put between the actual pedal unit and civic parts caused the pedal to lower.

Im in the midlands, I'll fit it for free for you if you come round.

haGGard
22-12-10, 10:09 PM
tbh mate, if Jake supplies good instructions you should manage it yourself nae bother. Managed to fit mine without instructions to the Green Zs (laptop disc drive was in the huff) and it is a pretty straight forward job, a lot easier than you think tbh. Couple of footery bits but nowt to tax ye, if you can changed a heater resistor you can do this:) An makes it cheaper too:D

Is that for the sheddist kit too? I've got one sitting in my bedroom but im nervous about fitting it myself. Most technical stuff ive done is change a jet in my old CVH engine. Its one of those jobs if you start you have to finish, and im a bit worried i wont reach the finishing part of the job lol.

haGGard
22-12-10, 10:12 PM
Can you explain how mate? Ive read ll the info on it and can't see how? In the posts I saw there was just a space put between the actual pedal unit and civic parts caused the pedal to lower.

It can, if you can get hold of the fitting instruction PDF file (someone on here has it) theres a whole page telling you how to adjust the pedal height and fine tune the biteing point.

Neil

Captain Bluebear
22-12-10, 10:25 PM

That's a very kind, thanks! http://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll326/piscisvisio/web/thx.gif

Maxfly
22-12-10, 10:34 PM

The replacement clevis for the clutch pedal is adjustable so you can raise and lower teh biting point (making sure clutch still operates correctly of course) The pedal will have some slack at it's highest point, you can take this out with the pedal stop which you can remove spacers from to get desired height:)

Maxfly
22-12-10, 10:36 PM
Is that for the sheddist kit too? I've got one sitting in my bedroom but im nervous about fitting it myself. Most technical stuff ive done is change a jet in my old CVH engine. Its one of those jobs if you start you have to finish, and im a bit worried i wont reach the finishing part of the job lol.

sure is mate, thefootery bit is getting the copper piping fitted into the master cylinder but it really is a nice wee job to do:)

lawrence-zs180
22-12-10, 11:18 PM
If you need the pdf i have in on my ext hdd and i will hook it up and post tomoz am

rakester
23-12-10, 01:57 AM
The replacement clevis for the clutch pedal is adjustable so you can raise and lower teh biting point (making sure clutch still operates correctly of course) The pedal will have some slack at it's highest point, you can take this out with the pedal stop which you can remove spacers from to get desired height:)

Ah sweet, makes sense. I'll make sure what I knock up does the same :) I'll make two kits to begin with so will need someone to be a test dummy as well. I don't see there being any problems though.

If you need the pdf i have in on my ext hdd and i will hook it up and post tomoz am

Top man would be great :)

ZS
23-12-10, 06:36 AM
If anyone needs a hand with fitting the kit, and your in my neck of the woods, then just shout :) If I'm available I'll help :)

StragglaSteve
23-12-10, 08:37 AM

you got a few car handy members in your area dude! give one of them a shout for a bit of help when the weather isnt so foul ;)

carmadbaker springs to mind... hes done a whole engine conversion, so this should be easy work for him :) lol

talkingcars
23-12-10, 05:35 PM
Might even be worth talking to him about going into some sort of partnership.

wot he said............

IIRC you first set it so the clutch engages and dis-engages, then you adjust the peddle height.

KevG
23-12-10, 08:51 PM
Jake, for you info Nigel gets his brackets made in India, some are painted, some are zinc plated.

He also uses or used to buy Blueprint Honda parts.

big_wasa
23-12-10, 10:04 PM
I Pm'd Nigel last summer but never heard back.

Does any one know the part numbers or details for the civic parts please ?

Mine was real hard work in the summer. You could feel the plastic sag.

haGGard
24-12-10, 10:43 AM
I got one of his kits from him last week over on xpf

rakester
24-12-10, 12:51 PM
Jake, for you info Nigel gets his brackets made in India, some are painted, some are zinc plated.

He also uses or used to buy Blueprint Honda parts.

Yup, I've ordered the Honda parts so gonna have a play over the next few days to build a kit up.

Just clearing out my workshop as messy as fook but I'll see what I can do to get them sorted asap

rakester
07-01-11, 01:14 PM
Some of the civic parts finally arrived today! Well the master slave did and I've made various bits of pipework.

Just waiting on the clutch slave to arrive and should be onto a winner!

nick_1973
22-01-11, 12:48 PM
At the moment i think my clutch is ok, but i just wanted to quiz people on the biting point. At the moment my clutch bites quite high up i.e. just before your foot comes off the pedal.

Is there anyway i can adjust this without affecting anything else?

mattfrancis96
29-01-11, 08:42 PM
At the moment i think my clutch is ok, but i just wanted to quiz people on the biting point. At the moment my clutch bites quite high up i.e. just before your foot comes off the pedal.

Is there anyway i can adjust this without affecting anything else?

Me too. Pedal is very high. Does this mean I need to invest in a kit?

Jay-ZS+
01-02-11, 04:19 PM
Any update on these?

rakester
01-02-11, 04:27 PM
Yahhh will most likely be done this month, well I'm 98% certain they will be.

Just been so busy in January with uni exams, my birthday and going on hol I haven't had any time. I can't find any faults with the kit I've made, has worked pretty awesome tbh.

Done a couple thousand miles in it and no problems at all!

Jay-ZS+
01-02-11, 04:33 PM
Yahhh will most likely be done this month, well I'm 98% certain they will be.

Just been so busy in January with uni exams, my birthday and going on hol I haven't had any time. I can't find any faults with the kit I've made, has worked pretty awesome tbh.

Done a couple thousand miles in it and no problems at all!

I know that feeling of not having any spare time!

Maxxed_Ross
01-02-11, 05:49 PM
remember I want the first one for the touring car lol

a bit of free product placement for you

nick_1973
01-02-11, 09:34 PM
very interested in one of these, let us know the price