PDA

View Full Version : Driveshafts that fit a turbo conversion?

Maxxed_Ross
27-12-10, 10:42 AM
Bit of a long shot here, but I'm after drive shafts that will fit the ZS once it's fitted with a T series turbo.

I'm still using the PG1 gearbox... but I've no idea what driveshafts I need. The ones I was told would fit turned out to be totally wrong and the splines at the gearbox end were too small.

Anyone?

Ritchy
27-12-10, 10:55 AM
Couldnt you use 420 gsi ones for now until you get the right ones

carmadbaker
27-12-10, 12:28 PM
depends how much of a rush your in mate, i'm getting some double hard capable ones made early next year, which renders the ones i have now useless. welcome to them for delivery costs mate.

rakester
27-12-10, 08:43 PM
420gsi bubble ones fit (cars fitted with N/A T series)

Rover 400/45 diesel ones also fit

Apparently v6 180 ones will fit (or with slight modification). But not 100% sure on this still as I haven't had them off yet.

petet16
27-12-10, 09:43 PM
420 bubble or diesel shafts both fit, and will take pretty big power output, but they have a weakness if rust has got a hold under the harmonic damper, a few have broken in the past because of this

Maxxed_Ross
28-12-10, 04:39 PM
depends how much of a rush your in mate, i'm getting some double hard capable ones made early next year, which renders the ones i have now useless. welcome to them for delivery costs mate.

I'll take you up on that mate, always handy to have a spare set just incase

420gsi bubble ones fit (cars fitted with N/A T series)

Rover 400/45 diesel ones also fit

Apparently v6 180 ones will fit (or with slight modification). But not 100% sure on this still as I haven't had them off yet.

420 bubble or diesel shafts both fit, and will take pretty big power output, but they have a weakness if rust has got a hold under the harmonic damper, a few have broken in the past because of this

Think it's 420 bubble shafts I have and they are too small. The splines just rattle around inside the diff :jump:

Managed to find a guy on ebay that has a spare set for his track car that I can have quite cheaply... just hope they fit!