02-01-11, 01:19 PM
First pictures here of my MG ZS 180

Let me know what you all think...

Dan1971
02-01-11, 01:42 PM
Looks good and clean mate. Nice one. :thumbsup:

lawrence-zs180
02-01-11, 02:00 PM
nice car you have dude... nearly the best colour as well... thats le mans green right not british lol.

chrismyatt82
02-01-11, 02:03 PM
nice car you have dude... nearly the best colour as well... thats le mans green right not british lol.

Thanks, very proud of it

Certainly is Le Mans Green

lawrence-zs180
02-01-11, 02:08 PM
you gonna be able to make the meet in march at my pub?

chrismyatt82
02-01-11, 02:09 PM
Send me some details... I don't know anything about it

lawrence-zs180
02-01-11, 02:24 PM
there ya go chap
http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=14711

chrismyatt82
02-01-11, 02:33 PM
Forgive me for being naive, what happens on these meets? The menu looks tempting enough!

lawrence-zs180
02-01-11, 02:34 PM
we chat cars, mods, the weather you name it lol have some food and a laugh... oh and check out eachothers cars

chrismyatt82
02-01-11, 02:41 PM
Have you got a confirmed date yet... the 20th is my birthday weekend and due to go Santa Pod and see Katy Perry live lol :punk:

lawrence-zs180
02-01-11, 03:11 PM
prob gonna be the 7th by the loo of the poll... santa pod.. epic!! katy perry mmm not so sure lol

peterzs
02-01-11, 03:18 PM
Car looks great, love the colour.

Did a RWYB at Santa Pod good laugh, my derv did 17.5 and 82mph.

Only thing I found hard was finding the entrance, lucky the sat nav found it for me, dont know if it was just me but it was not sign posted like I thought it would be.

:yes::yes::laugh::laugh:

lawrence-zs180
02-01-11, 03:24 PM
what where you looking for... 'nutters take next left' haha

Hambo-180
02-01-11, 03:27 PM
car looks great mate, love the colour.....:thumbsup:

chrismyatt82
02-01-11, 03:29 PM
Will have to check funds in Feb/March and let you know!

Thats what I am looking to do the RWYB...

Looks like a good day

peterzs
02-01-11, 03:29 PM
Anything, to be honest, ending up going down a gravel track, as someone said,"you go down a long gravel track", only to find a locked wooden gate.

Came out and turned right, down another gravel track to a ticket stall, with the most bored looking girl in the world.

Almost like they dont wont customers, all most strange.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

chrismyatt82
02-01-11, 03:34 PM
Ive been told Sat Navs are unreliable to Santa pod...

peterzs
02-01-11, 03:41 PM
When you get there you register and they give you a number and a wrist strap, to let you on the strip. ?10 if I remember.

Then its just a matter of lineing up in pairs, until you get called up to the lights, have to pull forward a bit so you are in the timeing area. Lights run down to green, and go, or with my efforts spin, spin, spin.

Blast down the track, take a left and join on the rear of the twin lane of cars to have another go. Go back to the register office for the print out, all very easy.

I had snow on the day so they closed the strip, about an hour later they opened it up, most of the others had gone home, so we had a more or less continuous goes without the long delays.

It does get you, as you think, the next one will be better, more/less power, change up there. I only stopped when the clutch started to smell a bit.

:yes::yes::laugh::laugh::laugh:

chrismyatt82
02-01-11, 03:47 PM
I had a little watch of the video guide on Santa Pods website

I was at the lights on a 50mph stretch near me and was practicing my starts today lol

peterzs
02-01-11, 03:54 PM
Ive been told Sat Navs are unreliable to Santa pod...

Just a matter of driving around, but I've been to Brands, Silverstone and a few others, all sign posted so you cant miss them.

Santa Pod is set in a woody area, bit like our New Forest and it was almost like the neighbours didnt want you to find it!!!!

As long as you know its a bit of a pig to find you will be OK, its only because I drove up from Bournemouth I didnt turn round and come home.

My Tomtom got me to the area and without that I dont know if I would still be driving around trying to find it. I got there about 11.30 thought there would be plenty of cars to follow. No, didnt see another car till I was in the site.

Have a good time, I was up alongside Skyliners, Type R's, etc. but for me it was just for the fun of seeing what my almost standard derv would do.

Felt a bit posey leaving the white numbers on the rear screen on the way home.

:yes::yes::laugh::laugh:

daytona365
02-01-11, 07:26 PM
Nice looking car............

Heres mine dirty after going up and down the M6 twice at xmas.