PDA

View Full Version : zeds abroad.. whats in your boot?

lawrence-zs180
08-01-11, 01:25 PM
Me and my good lady are looking to road trip France again this May and having done it in the cavalier I know all of the usual bits that need to come but I'm having worry basicly because where doing about 2500 miles this year and want to know you bits you boys take in your zeds.. spares etc.
Cheers guys

Bobdope2002
08-01-11, 01:37 PM
Me and my good lady are looking to road trip France again this May and having done it in the cavalier I know all of the usual bits that need to come but I'm having worry basicly because where doing about 2500 miles this year and want to know you bits you boys take in your zeds.. spares etc.
Cheers guys

Dont Forget ya high Vis So The Frogs Cant Lock Ya Up

Edit: Typed this On My Phone Sorry For Bad Spelling

Jay-ZS+
08-01-11, 01:39 PM
In answer to the title Petrol, booze and fags to bring home!!

lawrence-zs180
08-01-11, 01:42 PM
Yea I got a kit that lived in the cav thats in the zed now.. full first aid kit, hi vis, triangle etc, got my new gb number plates now so I dont need a dam sticker lol.

lol cheers jay.. problem is the fags aint much cheaper now... will be in spain though hehe

peterzs
08-01-11, 02:33 PM
Bulb set, not that you can fit half of them without a major rebuild, by the sound of it.

lawrence-zs180
08-01-11, 02:41 PM
yea there always a ball ache to change...still I have osram nightbreakers on the dipped so hopefully they wont fail

talkingcars
08-01-11, 04:43 PM
I just get some decent breakdown insurance, Directline seem to offer the best deal for european cover.

In answer to the title Petrol, booze and fags to bring home!!

Petrol is more expensive in France!
If you get a chance to nip over the border into Spain for any of the above it is worth it, any town close to the border will have shops for visitors from France.

Talking of petrol, use super unleaded, their standard stuff has ethanol in it!

lawrence-zs180
08-01-11, 05:02 PM
Talking of petrol, use super unleaded, their standard stuff has ethanol in it!
... really shoite!!
We might head to barcalona but not totally sure yet still in the planning stage..
I just get some decent breakdown insurance, Directline seem to offer the best deal for european cover.
Will that just be for the 14 days then? with the cav we went over on the 90 days I got with my prev insurance company.
Im with sky so gonna give them a nudge and see what they will do

talkingcars
08-01-11, 10:16 PM
I've been driving to Spain for the last 12 or 13 years, I've only once had a problem and that was with the ZS :( , most of the other cars have been old wreaks but they've all been fine.

The last 2 times we went we used the Portsmouth/Bilbao ferry on the way out as it makes for a nice relaxed arrival, as my mother-in-law lives 15 minutes from the ferry terminal, we still normally drive back via Calais, only a 780 mile drive.

daytona365
09-01-11, 10:19 AM
Dont forget to drive on the wrong side lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lawrence-zs180
09-01-11, 10:23 AM
lol cheers dude

ZS
09-01-11, 11:07 AM
I've been driving to Spain for the last 12 or 13 years

Wow! You drive slow, thank goodness for mobile broadband eh!! lol:thumbsup:

Jay-ZS+
09-01-11, 11:11 AM
Wow! You drive slow, thank goodness for mobile broadband eh!! lol:thumbsup:

Lol that cheered my morning up. :)