PDA

View Full Version : MG ZS 180 for sale

chrismyatt82
10-01-11, 09:36 AM
With BIG regret, and only short term ownership, I need to sell my Le Mans Green MG ZS 180 2.5 V6...

Has just under 71k on the clock, part service history, recent MOT (last month) and 6 months road tax

In very good condition, body work is good and inside is in fantastic condition

Photos can be found here..

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=15140

The only problem I have come across is a ticking in the purge valve

PM me if any questions

Selling due to partner's ongoing maternity leave

chrismyatt82
10-01-11, 09:49 AM
Forgot to put price...

Looking for ?1300

peterzs
10-01-11, 10:02 AM
Shame its got to go, cracking looking car.

All the best with the sale.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

chrismyatt82
10-01-11, 10:07 AM
Thanks Peter

Its a definate shame when its a car that you really like...

Rest assured when circs change I will be getting a ZS again, cracking car to drive

stamford
11-01-11, 07:44 AM
That was short, hope all goes well mate.

chrismyatt82
11-01-11, 09:32 AM
Stamford, I know... really not something I want to do but just not able to afford to run the car at the moment...

Looks like I might be doing a straight swap at a dealers for a VW Golf 1.9 TDI

Hopefully they dont sell my car and I can just buy it off them later lol

stamford
11-01-11, 12:24 PM
We all need to make sacrifices at some point in our lives for family etc. I'm sure one day I will have to. Done it before myself, sold a really nice car to fund house moves or new boilers!

chrismyatt82
13-01-11, 08:25 AM
Price has been adjusted as the Golf deal fell through...

Looking for ?1000

Thanks

stamford
13-01-11, 10:27 AM
Bargin price! Best of luck, pity about the Golf.

chrismyatt82
15-01-11, 09:46 PM
Update

Went and saw another Golf today, it was only ?700 and needed some work (ABS sensors, near calipers, O/S electric window control not working, low tyres etc)

The dealer was clearly interested in my car but would only offer ?250 for mine plus the Golf

Walked away...

Even if the Golf was in good condition, I am finding it VERY hard wanting to part with my car!

I am however going to look at a Vauxhall Vectra 1.8 SRI 130 which I can do a straight swap with... cheaper to insure, cheaper to tax, better MPG... BUT..... not a ZS lol

I would downgrade to a ZS120 but just too concerned about the HGF, I know if you check coolant levels reguarly then should be OK, but just still concerns me

And the ZS diesels are just too many pennies right now

Ive had quite a few people wanting to buy my car ( a few from here too) but not sure if I could manage with no car right now.... but will keep you updated

Craig
15-01-11, 09:48 PM
IMO id go for a 120 before a vectra. Andys1981 was a vauxhall guy before he was converted to mg and he knows his vectra stuff, might be worth pm'ing him. IIRC theres some horror stories about sri engines too though.

If you get a 120 thats had the hg done properly, then you should have no issues there.

chrismyatt82
15-01-11, 09:54 PM
Cheers Craig...

Maybe I should ask out there if anyone wants to swap for a 120 then...?

nath86
16-01-11, 09:00 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooo! dont get a vectra sri 130, i bought a 1 owner from new car after my grey 180, it was mint with loads of history, caused me nothing but trouble and drank oil like it was going out of fashion, eml light kept coming on due to sensors packing up and couldnt pull a skin of a rice pudding, was extremely hard getting used to as in a 180 you can pull away in higher gears from corners junctions etc, the vectra was a constant change down to low gears to get it moving (just) although they feel nicely built i wouldnt have one which is why im in a 180 again but not for long due to fuel prices and insurance hikes :(

chrismyatt82
16-01-11, 09:07 AM
Nath86, I am going to show your post to my other half as she is trying to pull me towards the SRI... she said they look "nicer".... Ha!

I have found a decent 120 not far from me which I am quite interested in...

Anyone know the costs to get the Cambelt and Waterpump done on a 120? I hope its nowhere near the costs of the 180 lol

nath86
16-01-11, 09:18 AM
Nath86, I am going to show your post to my other half as she is trying to pull me towards the SRI... she said they look "nicer".... Ha!

Anyone know the costs to get the Cambelt and Waterpump done on a 120? I hope its nowhere near the costs of the 180 lol

no way near m8, if you do get a vectra join vvoc.com they are a very good bunch and when i was looking at getting the cambelts done lots of members offered as long as i paid them with cup of tea's throughout lol. in all honesty tho dont get a 120, get the 150 2.2 as its chain driven and apparently more economical or at least the 130. They aint quick but are cheap to insure / run as long as you get a good one ;)

chrismyatt82
16-01-11, 09:22 AM
So mate, when I say a 120... I meant a ZS120 lol

big_wasa
16-01-11, 09:28 AM
Belts and water pump on a 120 is less than half that of the 180 in labour but if you need the Hg at the same time there is not a lot in it.

nath86
16-01-11, 09:31 AM
So mate, when I say a 120... I meant a ZS120 lol

sorry they do a sri 120 veccy as well lol, if your happy with your zs then get a 120zs and the belts are cheap and im sure someone on here would be willing to do them for a few cuppa's :)

mattie007
16-01-11, 10:25 AM
My 120 with upgraded head gasket and belts done...
Like you, I would find it hard to part! I still want a 180, but really don't think I could run it on a part time wage. :(

neiljm0
16-01-11, 12:34 PM

Ive just had a quote from AA Autosport was ?435
Our head gasket prices for the ZS range from ?275.
The usual price paid by most is ?435, this includes a head skim and pressure test, new water pump and new timing belt.
The head gasket price includes fitting of the MLS gasket (if possible to fit this gasket, but this cannot be known until the head is removed, and the loner potrusions checked). The head is required to be perfectly flat for the MLS gasket to be fitted, so skimming is required for this. I would expect the head would require skimming anyway.
I also highly recommed for the water pump to be replaced as it is extremely common for this to start leaking shortly after head gasket failure. The timing belt would be removed for this, so best to replace.

Basic cost - ?275
Head skim and pressure test (Inc stripping head, stripping tappets and rebuilding) - ?70
Water pump and timing belt replacement (Inc parts and labour) - ?90

The head gasket replacement includes an oil and filter change (using genuine x-power oil and genuine filter).

nick_1973
16-01-11, 01:50 PM
Good to meet you today Chris, just waiting for the wife to get home and i'll let you know about sorting the rest of the money, but i'll see you on wednesday anyway.

Hope Nicola gets checked out ok, i could tell see was proper fed up about it!

chrismyatt82
16-01-11, 08:19 PM
Cheers Nick, same to you

Deposit has been taken and car is sold pending full payment... will be sad to see it go but at least I can keep tabs on it through here lol

Should be going to view the ZS120+ tomorrow... not quite the ZS180 but its better than most other cars for now!

nick_1973
17-01-11, 12:34 PM
I'll be a regular on the forum no doubt, so i'll take good care of her :thumbsup:

Fingers crossed the 120 is in as good condition as the 180

chrismyatt82
17-01-11, 02:10 PM
Yeah me too, going to view it tonight... it has no tax which is a ******, but I will see if I can get him to put that on

stamford
17-01-11, 03:30 PM
Good to know it may have found a home already and you are considering a 120, good move.

nick_1973
17-01-11, 03:40 PM
I'm chomping at the bit, want it now!!!!!!!!

Already thinking about some mods, mostly ICE stuff but possibly induction and 'zorst at some point.......

chrismyatt82
17-01-11, 10:17 PM
I went to see the ZS 120 tonight, and lets just say its still there and will be for some time!

The car was awful and the so called dealers was even worse, he got the hump and called me a messer because I wanted to check all the history on the car lol

I think he had something to hide...

Anyways... I have found to other ZS 120's which is about 100 miles from me in either direction... private sellers and good looking cars, one is red and one is blue

Shall keep you updated!

chrismyatt82
19-01-11, 08:16 PM
Car has been SOLD

It has gone to a good home and will be looked after well

nick_1973
19-01-11, 08:37 PM
Really pleased with the car Chris, took the LONG way home :-)

chrismyatt82
19-01-11, 08:48 PM
Lol

Stop making me jelous!

Reall glad I could sell it to someone who will make the most of it, and not some kid who will abuse it

Keep me updated with the mods that you have planned with it

My fingers are crossed that this ZS120+ is a good one tomorrow... just found out that I need to get the train to Southampton too so it better be worth it lol

LouZRBabe
19-01-11, 09:51 PM
Gutted I missed out on this :(

chrismyatt82
19-01-11, 10:04 PM
Gutted I missed out on this :(

I thought you were after a diesel?

LouZRBabe
19-01-11, 10:06 PM
I would prefer a diesel but I will still consider a petrol if its the right one!

chrismyatt82
19-01-11, 10:09 PM
Was a top car and big shame to let it go... just the wrong time for me

Hopefully getting a ZS120+ tomorrow to soften the blow

Thought about a ZR too funnily enough, but they are just too common... ZS has more head-turn-ability lol

LouZRBabe
19-01-11, 10:12 PM
Yeah I'd probably agree with that, you do see more ZR's than ZS's. Saw a gorgeous black MK2 ZS today though, very very nice!!

Hope the buying of the replacement goes well :)

chrismyatt82
19-01-11, 10:18 PM
Thanks, will keep you posted