PDA

View Full Version : Do I sell it?

Danny Coleman
13-01-11, 09:10 AM
Having owned the ZS now for 6 months I am pondering on wether or not to sell it. I like things to be just right with my cars and although it has to be one of the nicest cars to drive, the niggles are begining to get on my wick! Its has now had most things done, just put a new thermostat in yesterday, its had new VIS motors, new Idle air control valve, repaired the door handles, catch tank fitted, new belts and a full service, all fluids changed. Gave it a new set of tyres, the blue flame duplex cat back, new battery, tinted rear lenses, mgzs gear knob, new leather steering wheel, AC re-gas. HID headlight upgrade. I've spent a furtune on her and I now feel that on 28k mile car that should be it, just got that feeling of what next???
Plus side it does look the dogs when clean on a sunny day, the mix of yellow and a tint of orange does turn heads.

Any thoughts?

ZS
13-01-11, 09:12 AM
Its a fekking gorgeous car mate :)

If I had the money I'd be offering you the cash right now :)

I say keep it, for the money you'll get for selling it you won't find a better car!

peterzs
13-01-11, 09:20 AM
Keep it, great cars and you have done 99% of the work, as ZS says they arnt fetching much at the moment.

Maybe when more people appreciate them, the prices will start going up, or at least reflect its true value.

:wave::wave::wave:

ZS
13-01-11, 09:56 AM
Keep it, great cars and you have done 99% of the work, as ZS says they arnt fetching much at the moment.

Maybe when more people appreciate them, the prices will start going up, or at least reflect its true value.

Either that or Petrol drops and people can afford to run them again... ?1.36 by easter!

peterzs
13-01-11, 10:03 AM
Derv down here was ?1.33 the other day, lucky I've not had to put any in since Christmas, was ?1.26 then.

Think the Govt will cut thier own necks, people will cut out pleasure motoring and will be used only for work and going to the shops.

Must admit we dont go out for drives round the forest or down the beach as we used to.

fastmike
13-01-11, 10:16 AM
Derv down here was ?1.33 the other day, lucky I've not had to put any in since Christmas, was ?1.26 then.

Think the Govt will cut thier own necks, people will cut out pleasure motoring and will be used only for work and going to the shops.

Must admit we dont go out for drives round the forest or down the beach as we used to.

WORK ...... LOl...... there wont be any work soon...... the cost of fuel effects everything...... everything gets moved by truck sometime during manufacture or delivery.....

stamford
13-01-11, 10:17 AM
Keep it mate, better the devil you know ;) You'll only live to regret it once sold as it is stunning.

MG 53 ZED
13-01-11, 10:41 AM
:cool2:

Don't sell her no way, you have a rare outstanding car there plus you have done alot of work on her, you will regret it if you do.

Danny Coleman
13-01-11, 12:32 PM
Alot of people keep telling me it's a rare car, does anyone know how rare? All I know is that finding touch up paint for the few little stone chips is a nightmare.

Having said that, that big bright thing we sometimes see in the UK came out for half an hour this morning, and looking at the car in the with the light shining off it, it does look good!

Dan1971
13-01-11, 01:08 PM
I think you should px it to me against my ST220. ;)

Seriously though - what niggles are left ? By the sounds of it, it's a sorted car.

Danny Coleman
13-01-11, 01:25 PM
Probably just me being picky, want to get the clutch pedel in line with the others. And it is in desprate need of some good weather on a day off so that I can give it a good clean.

ZS
13-01-11, 01:39 PM
Probably just me being picky, want to get the clutch pedel in line with the others. And it is in desprate need of some good weather on a day off so that I can give it a good clean.

Sheddist Kit would solve that :)

Danny Coleman
13-01-11, 02:59 PM
Any link to the thread on that kit?

Hambo-180
13-01-11, 03:51 PM
keep it mate! You've spent loads on it and you'll never get the cash back, its worth more to you than anyone else. Nice looking car to...

Maxfly
13-01-11, 03:55 PM
Any link to the thread on that kit?

Sheddist is mainly on xpf, pop on over there and a quick search will turn it up. One of the best mods for the ZS imo:)

Huffy
13-01-11, 04:10 PM
That color is top tastic! Straight swap for my Dowdy X-Power mk2! lol

ZS
13-01-11, 04:21 PM
could also ask... http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=15032 :)

Captain Bluebear
13-01-11, 06:09 PM
Definitely keep her. My dear mum always told me "If in doubt, dont."
I was going to sell my other little Rover after being told by many people (including Stamford!) that I'd be mad to get rid of it, I've decided to keep her & I'm glad I have. :D

p_b82
15-01-11, 11:16 AM
Dont sell her she is a beauty!

Or if you do i might just have to annoy the GF and buy it as my second car... a run around to go with my (almost) 180 derv :D

talkingcars
16-01-11, 05:35 PM
How rare - I've never seen one that colour in the flesh and I've been around MGs for years.

I like the colour so much I've considered having mine blown over in similar.