PDA

View Full Version : Wish I had a garage..

BUCKYDEVIL
14-01-11, 06:57 PM
Trawling through my local Gumtree and found a couple of things I really wish I had a garage or driveway for- House is currently on the market so I should have some project space with a new home.

ZS turbo conversion nearly complete for ?450 (peanuts)..
http://glasgow.gumtree.com/glasgow/34/71925634.html

And how about a little MK2 110 saloon with kit on 56k miles for a Bargain ?1600 .. http://glasgow.gumtree.com/glasgow/95/71897995.html

Sadly Im forced into saving for July wedding & new home as said before but after that I cant wait to get a project to play with and at the prices of these cars there is nothing better out there.
Keep finding myself drwan to the TF's also but think thats my Mid-life crisis kicking in.

Craig
14-01-11, 07:06 PM
Yeah mate, saw them too, really fancy the unfinished turbo one! I am also saving for a july wedding, so theres no chance of me getting it lol

Maxfly
14-01-11, 07:08 PM
Trawling through my local Gumtree and found a couple of things I really wish I had a garage or driveway for- House is currently on the market so I should have some project space with a new home.

ZS turbo conversion nearly complete for ?450 (peanuts)..
http://glasgow.gumtree.com/glasgow/34/71925634.html

And how about a little MK2 110 saloon with kit on 56k miles for a Bargain ?1600 .. http://glasgow.gumtree.com/glasgow/95/71897995.html

Sadly Im forced into saving for July wedding & new home as said before but after that I cant wait to get a project to play with and at the prices of these cars there is nothing better out there.
Keep finding myself drwan to the TF's also but think thats my Mid-life crisis kicking in.

Have to say your right, having a garage is great..wish I could have one with ramps or a pit though, wid be even better lol:D Sell ye ma hoose, has garage and drive for at least 3 cars:D

BUCKYDEVIL
14-01-11, 07:12 PM
The Turbo project would be quite near you too Craig is it not ?

Gary I already checked your Gaff out when you put the link up and something like that would be ideal- just in the wrong toon though mate.

Maxfly
14-01-11, 07:16 PM
The Turbo project would be quite near you too Craig is it not ?

Gary I already checked your Gaff out when you put the link up and something like that would be ideal- just in the wrong toon though mate.

Aye, you want to get the ideal location too:) Thats part of what we are looking at for heading back up north tbh as ness is more expensive home wise but looking at even just 6 miles out you get a better house per pound:) All the best wi your hunt bud, is certainly the buyers market thats for sure:D

stamford
14-01-11, 07:16 PM
These things always surface at the wrong time. Been there many times myself!

BUCKYDEVIL
14-01-11, 07:20 PM
These things always surface at the wrong time. Been there many times myself!

You mean The July weddings ? lol
suppose your right, cancel weddings and buy turbo projects, got to get our priorities right.

stamford
14-01-11, 07:27 PM
You mean The July weddings ? lol
suppose your right, cancel weddings and buy turbo projects, got to get our priorities right.

:laugh: I was thinking that but thought it better to be polite ;)

Jay-ZS+
14-01-11, 07:31 PM
Motors over women every time, but dont tell the other half i said that! :ninja:

grimmy
14-01-11, 07:33 PM
I've been thinking for a while about trying to get another lock up for a project as my Garage is home to my 180

Jay-ZS+
14-01-11, 07:36 PM
I've been thinking for a while about trying to get another lock up for a project as my Garage is home to my 180

All this talk of marriage women and motors thought you were going to say:

I've been thinking for a while about trying to get another lock up for the wife!! :laugh:

Maxfly
14-01-11, 07:36 PM

Pity you couldn't get one next door to your current one bud, knock through the walls and that would be a cracking double lockup:D

grimmy
14-01-11, 07:38 PM
Pity you couldn't get one next door to your current one bud, knock through the walls and that would be a cracking double lockup:D

Aye if only Gary that would be amazing easy to get power into it as well

BUCKYDEVIL
14-01-11, 07:39 PM

Did you get your garage from the council ?
I've been told waiting list is 3 frickin years.
I mind you saying you where thinking of a project, what you been thinking of ?

grimmy
14-01-11, 07:43 PM

Was gonna put a note in the shop window to see if anyone want rid of a garage people sell them quite often mines came with the house as for a project I quite fancy a wee mini just to cut my teeth on

Maxfly
14-01-11, 07:49 PM

Always worth putting yourself on the list incase bud, when i put my name down for one in inverness i was told it was a 2 year list but got one in 3 months, just depends when folk vacate em tbh:)

daytona365
14-01-11, 09:00 PM
Motors over women every time, but dont tell the other half i said that! :ninja:

I agree................so much more car time, now Im divorced :yay:

Craig
14-01-11, 09:17 PM
I have a garage but its full of tumble dryers and crap :)

Squeaks
14-01-11, 09:18 PM
wouldn't mind the Red one!

Ritchy
14-01-11, 09:42 PM
having a garage is great, unfortunatly id never get a car in mine due to the amount of stuff in there! think you need a double garage in reality to get a car in and enough tools to work around the car ect!

Squeaks
14-01-11, 09:45 PM
you say that but my dads mate has a double garage and he used to be able to get the Triumph Stag in there.
then the Stag disappeared under the rubbish, one day he moved the stag out side and now the garage is stuffed full lol

Ritchy
14-01-11, 09:50 PM
http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae176/ritchyp/15092010786.jpg

lol thats mine last pic i have of it, engine at the sides away now but been replaced by a mahoosive toolbox, wee clear out n il get a car mostly in so i can work on an engine bay ect

BUCKYDEVIL
14-01-11, 09:57 PM
LOL,, frikkn Steptoes yard there.
I would kill for that wasted garage space & what's with the hight of that dart board ?
Would need to put my heels on to get my arrows back.

Ritchy
14-01-11, 10:00 PM
just hangi ng there from the last owners lol, dont have any darts for it, took iot down for painting then put it back up again lol
ive got a lot of space on my drive ect for working on cars say its not big enough in there with stuff in to jack up cars ect, plus got full workshop facilities whenever i like in rutherglen.
look for a place with a garage and space for a shed, or the garage will be the shed lol, trust me:P

andys1981
15-01-11, 04:41 AM
get it park it up my drive and put a cover over it,i can easily park across the road in the church mate,could be a wee project for ye

BUCKYDEVIL
15-01-11, 08:19 AM
get it park it up my drive and put a cover over it,i can easily park across the road in the church mate,could be a wee project for ye

That's mighty kind of you to offer Andy but I wouldn't fancy the treck through to Falkirk anytime I wanted to do anything.

andys1981
15-01-11, 12:34 PM
oooh ten min drive,nah seriously its an option mate

Ritchy
15-01-11, 01:09 PM
lol andy trying to get a free t series:P