PDA

View Full Version : New Rear Caliper Fitted

tcb 180
15-01-11, 11:06 AM
Managed to fit my new n/s/r caliper yesterday, (between showers).

Got it courtesy of rugbyrover on ebay ?65 + ?10 p&p. Brand new oe part complete with carrier & pads. No hassle with surcharges and having to send my old one back etc.

I think this was a great deal.

Wondering if I could source all the bits to refurb my old one? Any thoughts on this?

Craig
15-01-11, 11:07 AM
Sounds like a great price, I was ?50 for 2 x second hand calipers

peterzs
15-01-11, 11:08 AM
Way they seem to go, a spare, ready to bolt on wouldnt be a bad idea.

:smile1::smile1:

tcb 180
15-01-11, 11:09 AM
I'm just wondering if I could get the bits to refurb it though?

petet16
15-01-11, 11:10 AM
Here you are www.brakeparts.co.uk.

I'm going to refurb mine when I fit the new one.

Craig
15-01-11, 11:10 AM
Pretty sure there are refurb kits on ebay, I saw some when I bought my calipers. I was gona refurb the old ones, but they were knackered

Jay-ZS+
15-01-11, 11:56 AM
Contact bigg red they sell them believe they are listed as Honda, or link pete gave, I've used both with no issues.

talkingcars
15-01-11, 04:01 PM
..........Got it courtesy of rugbyrover on ebay ?65 + ?10 p&p. Brand new oe part complete with carrier & pads. No hassle with surcharges and having to send my old one back etc.

I think this was a great deal.

Wondering if I could source all the bits to refurb my old one? Any thoughts on this?

I ordered some from him before christmas for the back of my car but the parcel company left them on my doorstep and forged my signiture, as rubbish disappears from my front the parcel had no chance.

There was no quible replacing them but as I was passing his place I collected them along with a complete set for my MGF.

He sold alot of MGF calipers to Brown and Gammons and he has masses of MG and Rover spares if you need anything.

On the subject of caliper rebuilding, with most parts of the car you can cope if they fail, if the brakes fail you are in serious trouble so I'd rather pay someone else to referb them, if the worst happens at least my widow can claim against their public liability insurance.

tcb 180
15-01-11, 11:16 PM
Nothing to it really as long as i could get the handbrake internals and a new return spring. The repair rubber kits are easy enough to do.