PDA

View Full Version : recommended parts online

tomomgzs
17-01-11, 07:50 PM
im after some parts for my zs 180, id like ball joints, track rod arms etc to finish off refreshing the suspension on my car after just having it fully poly bushed, been on rimmer bros they are quite expensive anyone no any parts factors that are cheaper! cheers

big_wasa
17-01-11, 07:58 PM
Good question I need new discs.

daytona365
17-01-11, 08:03 PM
Rimmer bros are quite expensive. What I normally do is use their site to get the MGR part number and ring up QUICKCO in luton. They are a X-part dealer.

Mind you Im lucky in that their other branch in Boreham Wood supplies my garage with Ford parts, so i get trade discount on any MGR parts they have in stock.

The only down side is some of their parts, look like they have been on the shelf since before Rover went bust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My oil filter box has certainly seen better days.

I find it pays to spend plenty of time looking and you will find what you are looking for.:happy2:

tomomgzs
17-01-11, 08:40 PM
Good question I need new discs.

mate i got a full set front/rear mintex discs and pads from the bay for ?190 delivered have a look!

tomomgzs
17-01-11, 08:41 PM
Rimmer bros are quite expensive. What I normally do is use their site to get the MGR part number and ring up QUICKCO in luton. They are a X-part dealer.

Mind you Im lucky in that their other branch in Boreham Wood supplies my garage with Ford parts, so i get trade discount on any MGR parts they have in stock.

The only down side is some of their parts, look like they have been on the shelf since before Rover went bust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My oil filter box has certainly seen better days.

I find it pays to spend plenty of time looking and you will find what you are looking for.:happy2:

nice one cheers mucker!

haGGard
17-01-11, 09:39 PM
mate i got a full set front/rear mintex discs and pads from the bay for ?190 delivered have a look!

I need disks and pads all round too, never seen them that cheap on the bay, will have to have a look now

big_wasa
17-01-11, 09:56 PM
Seen plenty on ebay but Hard to tell cheap china crap from better.

will have another look and ask my locall place for a price.

rakester
17-01-11, 10:18 PM
ebayyyy

Used discs of the sellers with good feedback and never had a problem!