PDA

View Full Version : Do you use Waze?

ViT
19-01-11, 12:39 PM
I've started using waze, and I've become a little addicted - started of as an idea to learn my area I've just moved into, and to test out if it's actually any good.

I've created a MG user group, so if you use waze do a group search for "MG Zed".
See you around!

stamford
19-01-11, 12:51 PM
WTF is waze? Never heard of it.

fastmike
19-01-11, 01:05 PM
WTF is waze? Never heard of it.

+1

ZS
19-01-11, 01:09 PM
what they said...

ZS
19-01-11, 01:10 PM
what they said...

Waze is a social mobile application providing free turn-by-turn navigation based on the live conditions of the road.
100% powered by users, the more you drive, the better it gets. Join the community of drivers in your area today!

Smokey
19-01-11, 01:26 PM
have added to my iphone, will see what it's like...

stamford
19-01-11, 03:26 PM
So it's an app for those gadget freaks then! Guess I'll have to wait for my company phone to be updated from the current N96.

Ritchy
19-01-11, 04:39 PM
hmm so its kinda like they know exactly where you are, when your not in the house, when your speeding, where youve been all day ect...wouldnt want that info to fall into the wrong hands

tcb 180
19-01-11, 06:23 PM
As an old git I sure as crap aint gonna be running out to get this that's for sure!

ViT
20-01-11, 09:16 AM
It's quite good fun for a while actually, It gets adictive because you start trying to create as much roads to update the map as possible (Various routes to work etc). The more people in an area that use it the better it gets (Really quick road traffic updates etc)

Currently, it sucks as a Sat Nav, but I wouldn't say the UK map is even 25% complete, but it's certainly growing quite quickly and I can see this becomming a popular app. Privacy settings etc are there to hide your location from the joe public (You can usually see other users on the map) but year the wze servers will know where you are and thats how it generates traffic reports. - It's also intended to be used to advise other road users of speed traps ;)

Good fun, but nothing more than a gadget at this stage! - it should evetually get to the point where it's a half decent sat nav with real time route updating based on congestion reports.

haGGard
20-01-11, 03:27 PM
I just downloaded it, seems like a fun app, wont get a chance to use it till i go to work tomorrow though. Lots of roads round here aren't mapped out so i get to create some new routes :)

Smokey
20-01-11, 10:07 PM
I can see it being a good program in a few months if it becomes popular.