PDA

View Full Version : Pant browning moment!

Squeaks
21-01-11, 12:56 PM
A word of warning to those who want to listen lol

The roads are dangerous at the moment, still slick with what ever crap they have put on them when cold weather is about, then it rains so they get slippy from that as-well.

was on my way to tescos following a camper-van doing 45mph, decided to over take it, put the car down into 3rd gear and floored it.
the front wheels lit up and the sudden burst of power spun the wheels so fast the car pulled and dragged me 1. towards the hedge 2. towards the camper-van at quite a quick speed.

backed off and swung out to over take and it felt like a RWD Car sliding about and still fighting for traction all the way past and up the hill.

scared me a wee bit that's for sure!

so think about the road conditions before you boot it, that's all I say,
I was only afew inches from probs writing my ZS off in quite a big crash!

stamford
21-01-11, 01:01 PM
Sounds like contaminents on the roads, not ideal when damp. Sounds like you were very lucky.

ZS
21-01-11, 01:07 PM
Having got a set of four "Ditch Finder" tyres on the ZS (Nicknamed because they spin up and slide anywhere) I have to be very careful anyway... comes from not having much money though!!

All going on Court costs and childcare at the moment.... (anyone want to give me a couple hundred thousand poinds? lol )

marts66
21-01-11, 01:07 PM
Bet it was good to watch, the guy in the camper might also have had a bowel loosening moment. Glad you managed to get out of it though fella.

Bobdope2002
21-01-11, 01:08 PM
mine does this in the dry no need for it to be wet

too much power i say

Squeaks
21-01-11, 01:12 PM
someone from work was behind me in a Z3....... he decided not to over take, guess he was watching the balls up i made off it!

Ritchy
21-01-11, 01:27 PM
indeed very very slidey hence my wee bump and thats with good tyres

caled
21-01-11, 01:59 PM
I can agree the roads are slippy as fook at the minute.
Understeered on a roundabout last weekend, and that was with ZZ3s and not going silly speed.

peterzs
21-01-11, 02:01 PM
Only thing I've done like it, was to overtake a lorry down a hill, on a country road. Been belting down with rain, but now stopped, car behind the lorry wouldnt go so I overtook it.

Little knowing that there was about a foot of water running down the side of the road.

Yellow submarine came to mind, couldnt see a thing and the car started fishtailing into the side of the lorry.

I.d been watching Plato driving in the BTCC and he lost it in a big way, going sideways but recovered it. Said front wheel drive, point where you want to go and floor it. So thats what I did and we shot by the lorry, next junction he pulled up behind us. We went right and he went left.

Glad you got away with it, does make you sweat a bit at the time though.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Huffy
21-01-11, 04:14 PM
I Almost went tits up in the park whilst pushing the nippa!