PDA

View Full Version : Back in a ZS

chrismyatt82
21-01-11, 09:55 PM
Picked up my new ZS 120+ tonight after sadly selling my ZS 180

Got a very good deal and very happy with it, its in red this time as opposed to Green

Only 2 concerns I have.... first is on the engine there is a little oil leak on the left hand side, the guy said it may need a new rocker cover... could this be right and if so what kind of costs am I looking at?

The other one was the battery was flat as it hadnt been used for some time and wouldnt start, got the jump leads out and got her going, filled up at the station and was fine... long 110 mile drive hopefully got the altenator going and should be OK, if not then I will get a new battery

The car also has a big stainless steel backbox that males a nice sporty noise from the rear... not quite the same as revving the V6, but beggars cant be choosers!

Ritchy
21-01-11, 10:20 PM
oil leak will either be the rocker cover gasket or the cam ladder, the rocker gasket is an easy change about ?10 and an 8mm socket and ratchet to change it lol

get some piccys up:)

chrismyatt82
21-01-11, 10:27 PM
oil leak will either be the rocker cover gasket or the cam ladder, the rocker gasket is an easy change about ?10 and an 8mm socket and ratchet to change it lol

get some piccys up:)

Ahhhh thats what I like to hear!

Are they easy obtainable?

I will try and take some tomorrow, the only one I have now is from the advert...

(Attached)

stamford
21-01-11, 10:28 PM
Well that didn't take too long did it now :D

chrismyatt82
21-01-11, 10:54 PM
Well that didn't take too long did it now :D

Nope!

Ive been bitten lol

Just been out to fit my in car phone holder and also to tune the TV in (came with built in car DVD/FM Tuner/TV Tuner, not bad)... and the colour looks really good... I dont think that picture does it justice... will try and get it cleaned tomorrow

stamford
21-01-11, 10:58 PM
Looks pretty clean from that photo, red always does.

Craig
22-01-11, 07:26 AM
Nice car mate, and its got r45 headlights too. A set of skirts and a splitter would make a big difference. I have a pair of green skirts that Stephen gave me, I know they are the wrong colour but you can have them for the price of postage if you want.

Maxfly
22-01-11, 07:56 AM
Good offer that is^^^

Looks tidy mate, hopefullly she will give you plenty reliable motoring:D

Dan1971
22-01-11, 08:48 AM
Skirts for the postage and a can of spray and a set of straights and your sorted. Nice car mate - :thumbsup:

stamford
22-01-11, 08:53 AM
Great offer there, go for it!

peterzs
22-01-11, 10:12 AM
Always one or two bits to sort on a new car, looks a great colour, had a good trip back to try it out.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

nick_1973
22-01-11, 11:31 AM
Glad you found a good one Chris :thumbsup:

I'm already getting a lot of admiring glances from the 180, but its tricky keeping her clean with the weather as it is :evilmad:

I hope the leak is a simple fix, sounds like it is at least......fingers crossed

Keep me posted on how things go, and more importantly how Nicola is doing.

All the best,

Nick.

Ritchy
22-01-11, 02:18 PM
yup rocker cover gaskets are cheap to get from either offline or your local arts centre, still a lot of k series parts out there as it was such a common engine!

looks smart, set of skirts and some straights and your laughing

lawrence-zs180
22-01-11, 02:52 PM
there a front bib in the scrappy near me in black.. can get a price for you if you like

big_wasa
22-01-11, 06:18 PM
Do you regret it ?

chrismyatt82
22-01-11, 08:41 PM
Craig, thats a great offer, could you check the postage for me... money is very tight so will need to check finances

Nick, still in hospital, also can pancretitus and is on a catheter and still on morphine too.... still cant eat until it passes and they wont operate on the gall stones until thats cleared up anyways

Lawrence, yes please if you can... wasnt going to think of things like this yet, but worth looking

chrismyatt82
22-01-11, 08:41 PM
*has pancretitus

Craig
22-01-11, 08:52 PM
Craig, thats a great offer, could you check the postage for me... money is very tight so will need to check finances

I will check out postage and let you know mate. Theres no rush anyway, there just sitting in the garage doing nothing. If the postage costs ok with you and you do want them, I will keep them for as long as you need.

chrismyatt82
22-01-11, 08:55 PM
Thanks Craig, appreciated

nick_1973
23-01-11, 01:02 PM
.......Nick, still in hospital, also can pancretitus and is on a catheter and still on morphine too.... still cant eat until it passes and they wont operate on the gall stones until thats cleared up anyways

I wish her all the best for a speedy recovery