PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye ZS

Simon's ZS-120
22-01-11, 12:01 AM
well was on my way home when i was about 2 mins from home went into a round about to see a fiesta speeding towards me as it bounces over a iland and slams into the rear quatre panel on the pasanger side pushing the rear wheel right back into the arch and twisting the the hole back wheel and anti role bar up its like art behind the wheel

ill post some pics up when i find my eye phone lead

:(:(:(

Nats Whiskas
22-01-11, 12:05 AM
Awh man that sounds awful!! hope you get it sorted asap.

Ritchy
22-01-11, 12:09 AM
oooo noes! you gonna buy it back to break it?, or is the body okay? may just need suspension like mine

Simon's ZS-120
22-01-11, 12:14 AM
needs alot of work looks to be a right off as the rear bumper split the boot wont open and the rear door wont close any more almost like the car twisted

Simon's ZS-120
22-01-11, 12:18 AM
few pics

Ritchy
22-01-11, 12:18 AM
ahh sounds like the chassis taken it, if you open boot the floor will probs be creased:( shame, could make a wee profit breaking though so every cloud n all that, as long as everyone is okay ect, theyre insurance will be paying not yours n buyback will be a lot less than you could make for all the bits

Simon's ZS-120
22-01-11, 12:20 AM
just got some major back ache at the mo and a sore neck

Ritchy
22-01-11, 12:22 AM
how did they hit you? thts an odd place on a roundabout for damage thats how i ask!, were they going the wrong way?, may possibly be savable but deffo insurance write off id say... chance to get a different car ect though i guess:/ still a gutter though

Simon's ZS-120
22-01-11, 12:23 AM
they come down a road and was speeding hit the iland just as i was half way around the round about and smashed into the side of me

Ritchy
22-01-11, 12:25 AM
ach, guessin about 20mph impact, rear trailing arm n 3 control arms will be bent but its beyond that there may be more esp if boot n door dont open or close anymore

Simon's ZS-120
22-01-11, 12:26 AM
more like 50mph as the road the was on was a natinal speed limit

Ritchy
22-01-11, 12:27 AM
aye but actual impact speed after braking ect unless it was glancing

Simon's ZS-120
22-01-11, 02:33 AM
after inpact the car still traveld some distance before coming to a stop

summerfies
22-01-11, 06:26 AM
Was it on the Lower earley way? I passed by at about 11:20 last night and recognise the Fiesta. Didn't see a ZS there though.

lawrence-zs180
22-01-11, 07:11 AM
Dude that's shoite glad there is no major injury to you dude... like ritche says buy it back for parts and with the way prices are at the min you could be back in one in no time

Craig
22-01-11, 07:27 AM
Bad news mate! Looks Did they admit liability?

Simon's ZS-120
22-01-11, 07:46 AM
Was it on the Lower earley way? I passed by at about 11:20 last night and recognise the Fiesta. Didn't see a ZS there though.

yeah it was mine last night mine was still in the roundabout and im sure you could see how far the fiesta got before it stoped.

i had alot of witness's who gave there addresses to the police this helped out very well gotta clean my car out in a bit and remove some things before the insurance guy comes out and looks about

Maxfly
22-01-11, 07:54 AM
Gutting mate, will be even worse as it doesn't look to be your fault:( Just watch though, the other driver/their insurance will do whatever they can to get out of it. Hope it goes smoothly for you:)

Simon's ZS-120
22-01-11, 07:57 AM
Gutting mate, will be even worse as it doesn't look to be your fault:( Just watch though, the other driver/their insurance will do whatever they can to get out of it. Hope it goes smoothly for you:)

i called the police as soon as it happend so traffic policed arrived quickly and she spent about an hour in the back

Maxfly
22-01-11, 08:00 AM
i called the police as soon as it happend so traffic policed arrived quickly and she spent about an hour in the back

Excellent, the traffic boys being there will definately help. It is likely you may have to go to court as a witness, I just got my citation for after my accident for a case against the driver that piled into the car after my accident, hopefully he will plead guilty before it gets that far, same no doubt for yourself:)

Dan1971
22-01-11, 08:46 AM
Gutted for you mate. Make sure that you get down to a&e about the aches your getting.

Genuine whiplash and back injuries can cause problems for years mate if you ignore them.

stamford
22-01-11, 08:52 AM
Agree with Dan, don't just ignore the post accident injuries, make them count and get seen by your Doctor and or A&E as such injuries caused by a non-fault claim will be a few thousand, been there myself.

I would definately say that will be written off, up to you what happens next, but assuming it's a C at worse, otherwise it'll be a scrapper only.

fastmike
22-01-11, 09:13 AM
The main thing is Simon you walked away from it.... and as said earlier....make sure you claim for your injurys

peterzs
22-01-11, 10:07 AM
What a bummer, glad your OK Simon, hope the car can be sorted.

Get your back and neck looked at asap, as you never know what damage has been caused.

Lets hope its only suspension and a bit of re-jigging to sort out.(thats the car)

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

najam0114
22-01-11, 10:09 AM
Sorry to hear that mate,am sure you can get a new rear quarter panel on ebay brand new,have seen them now & again for sale big job to do though i hope you can get it straightened out..Good luck with it

BUCKYDEVIL
22-01-11, 10:12 AM
Absolutly gutted for you mate, it's the little pricks like the Fiesta driver that puts the cost of insurance through the roof.
Like others said get yerself checked out at hospital.

magpie67
22-01-11, 10:13 AM
Defo get your back/ neck seen to by a doctor !!

My 206 was hit in the side by a Volvo S80 on the 18th Nov, still having physio now !! Bonus is the 206 was written off and the money paid for my 51 plate ZS :thumbsup:

But seriously, i went to a walk in centre on the following day and to my GP a week later, still in some discomfort and still having physio .

Simon's ZS-120
22-01-11, 10:49 AM
just stripped the zs out floor pan in the boot has come up and the boot is out by 2cms the rear door is out about the same glad the air bags didnt deploy but the seat belts did

already got a claim rolling insurance have called up with salissters **** spelling lol. Got a rental car to get about in this girl passed 2 weeks ago and said she sworved as her foot got stuck more like she was showing off

Simon's ZS-120
22-01-11, 10:56 AM
oh just gotta wait till monday to find out whats going to happen regarding the zs i have a feeling it will be written off

Bobdope2002
22-01-11, 11:06 AM
theyre not hanging about then mate

Women Drivers PFfft :laugh:

caled
22-01-11, 11:16 AM
Whiplash claim + insurance payout - buyback costs + ebay bodykit and spares = mk2 MG ZS 180.

Not all bad. ;-)

Simon's ZS-120
22-01-11, 11:16 AM
theyre not hanging about then mate

Women Drivers PFfft :laugh:

i know what you mean i was on my way to pick my rent car up and they called at 10am :thumbsup: going to get as much as i can stupid cow shouldnt have been speeding and i miss my zs now seeing it this morning made me very sad :(

andys1981
22-01-11, 11:27 AM
its a sore thing to go through,i for one know what your going through mate,i was constantly phoning people asking what was going on as i had to know what was happening,could hardly sleep,you never know it may be fixable,as my old car had been written off before my gf crashed mine,i managed to buy mine back,and get it to fast and modified just,was well chuffed,good luck mate!!

Simon's ZS-120
22-01-11, 11:39 AM
its a sore thing to go through,i for one know what your going through mate,i was constantly phoning people asking what was going on as i had to know what was happening,could hardly sleep,you never know it may be fixable,as my old car had been written off before my gf crashed mine,i managed to buy mine back,and get it fast and modified just,was well chuffed,good luck mate!!

im not wanting it back as why have it back after that damage. Your have the feeling in the back of your head all the time about it

was thinking about a focus ST

MG 53 ZED
22-01-11, 11:54 AM
:cry:

Sorry to hear about your car gutted for you there are some assholes on the road, you walked away from it that's a plus point at least, like everyone else has said get yourself checked out. If the car is a write off buy it back and sell the parts off or use towards your next ZS. Hope it gets sorted out soon for you.

Jay-ZS+
22-01-11, 12:08 PM
Worth buying back and breaking, if you don't want it sure someone on here might take it off you and break it.

Simon's ZS-120
22-01-11, 12:45 PM
ill find out the buy back price and let you guys know

Simon's ZS-120
27-01-11, 10:07 PM
its be written off as it will cost between ?900-?1300 to fix all the problems i can buy it back but then its a cat c if i fix it

Ritchy
27-01-11, 10:14 PM
sure theyll write it off at that price?

peterzs
27-01-11, 10:19 PM
Hope you get a good pay out for it Simon, shame its a goner but least you got out of it OK.

caled
27-01-11, 10:48 PM
How much they offering for you to buy it back for, if you dont mind me asking?

Andyf
28-01-11, 05:03 AM
Just seen this post mate, that really sucks! Who were the officers that turned up? I may know them if they are based at Three Mile Cross. I don't suppose you got the rear head rests out did you?!

Simon's ZS-120
28-01-11, 10:36 AM
Just seen this post mate, that really sucks! Who were the officers that turned up? I may know them if they are based at Three Mile Cross. I don't suppose you got the rear head rests out did you?!

sorry no i didnt we might buy it back but there is no way im ever driving it again so might just break it