PDA

View Full Version : Andy Gray Sacking

petet16
25-01-11, 07:48 PM
What do we think, fair cop, or harsh.

Personally I like the bloke, but in his position a lot more discretion would have been a good idea.

Shades of Ron Atkinson I feel.

Dan1971
25-01-11, 07:51 PM
I think it opened a can of worms.

More footage has appeared today of him chatting off camera but with the recording on and he doesn't do himself any favours.

grimmy
25-01-11, 07:53 PM
I fear political correctness gone mad,I thought Richard Keyes comments were worse and he has pretty much got away scot free which seems a bit strange but I am fairly glad Gray has gone I was getting sick of him and him constantly contradicting himself and spouting crap maybe a wee shuffle at sky sports is needed as I was starting to get a bit bored with it hope Jamie redknapp does something stupid soon as well

petet16
25-01-11, 07:53 PM
Yeah I saw the other footage on the news earlier, like you say it didn't do him any favours.

talkingcars
25-01-11, 07:56 PM
From what I've heard on the radio news sky had no options as he was in breach of sex discrimination laws.

He'll be on talk sport soon I expect.

stamford
25-01-11, 08:01 PM
Ironic that, I was only saying the other day that the SkySports duo have done well for nearly 20 years with no ****-ups etc.............:whistle:

But I think it was a matter of time before they found an excuse to bring in some fresh faces, it is a bit anal at times and a bit 'pally'.

However at first I thought it was an overeaction but after thinking about it, they should know better and in todays PC society it was a matter of time before someone engaged they mouth before their brain. Just goes to show how out of touch the team are to spout so much diatribe.

Nor
25-01-11, 08:48 PM
Gray was one of the worst things about Sky Sports coverage. Hope they punt him from Fifa for next year.

Steves Cleenz
25-01-11, 08:53 PM
Cant stand the bloke!! glad he has gone, one of the draw backs of being with virgin media is that you cant get alternative comentary!! he is so anoying during the games

Craig
25-01-11, 08:59 PM
He was a pain in the ass, never liked him. Still think its pretty fooked up that he got the tin tack, but in this day and age, he should have known to keep his trap shut.

Alan.F
25-01-11, 09:50 PM
Cant stand the bloke!! glad he has gone, one of the draw backs of being with virgin media is that you cant get alternative comentary!! he is so anoying during the games

+1

rakester
25-01-11, 11:27 PM
lul I went to school with his daughter

Yampiedog
26-01-11, 04:34 PM
Like him or not - I personally think he was arrogant and brash anyway - he, like others in his position, are role models to society and they need to set better examples IMHO.

I have to watch what I say on a daily basis and if I was to step out of line my job would be on the line so it's bout time these people got what they deserve too.

Personally no one else should employ him after this...

petet16
26-01-11, 08:01 PM
Richard Keys has resigned as well, so for any budding football pundits there are a couple of vacancies.

Dan1971
26-01-11, 09:24 PM
Thing is - it's all very hypocritical.

Tell me the name of the ugly bird on Sky sports ? Exactly - they'd all get it. The Soccerette on Soccer AM. That is a specific feature celebrating the female form in front of baying soccer fans.

You telling me that thats NOT sexist ?

Craig
26-01-11, 09:28 PM
It looks like Sky were out to get them. All sorts of stuff getting released now. I am not saying what they said was right, but Im guessing **** loads of tv programmes will have similar unscreened footage.

Have a look at this article from the daily mail on Andy Gray, I dont think they like him much lol

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1350591/Andy-Gray-sacking-Countless-affairs-love-children-sordid-truth-pundit.html

MG ZS STE
26-01-11, 10:19 PM
andy gray and richard keys both deserved to be sacked for there ignorant, sexist comments. sky sports should set an example and give there jobs to female presenters. preferably ones with really big t*s!

andys1981
27-01-11, 05:09 AM
Thing is - it's all very hypocritical.

Tell me the name of the ugly bird on Sky sports ? Exactly - they'd all get it. The Soccerette on Soccer AM. That is a specific feature celebrating the female form in front of baying soccer fans.

You telling me that thats NOT sexist ?

claire thomlinson lol

stamford
27-01-11, 07:23 AM
Just who will they place there now? Ben Shepard will no doubt get promoted to main host but who will do the analysis? Someone with a football brain, not Redknapp, he yaks too much! I must admit I rarely watched the items before kick-off as it bored the socks off me!

peterzs
27-01-11, 09:37 AM
I'm waiting for the new girly presenter to shout out "the refs a wa**er", and see what happens.

Dont have Sky sports, so cant say much about them, only that its PC gone mad.

Just throw away comments, if it was a male assitant ref who made a decision on off side, that was a bit iffy, youd get the same comments.

Glad I'm not working in an office any more, part of the fun was having a laugh with the girls. Now you must watch what you say and what you touch!!!!!!!!!!!

;);):smile1::smile1::smile1:

grimmy
27-01-11, 11:10 AM
claire thomlinson lol

Na.Andy she is a milf

R8NMG
27-01-11, 11:26 AM
This whole episode is just making a mountain out of a mole hill. Has there been no proper news coming through to the British media lately?

grimmy
27-01-11, 11:29 AM
This whole episode is just making a mountain out of a mole hill. Has there been no problem news coming through to the British media lately?

That is a very good point nothin else happening so let's make news out of nothing and make some people as social pariahs over saying what most of the population were already thinking

peterzs
27-01-11, 01:26 PM
^^^^ agree with that.