PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

daytona365
29-01-11, 03:12 PM
Check this out. My insurance running out soon, so as I have said on here before, spot of online shopping. Got new quote for only ?485.

Imagine my suprise this morning when I get my renewal letter from my current insurance.......................they want ?987!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And for that I get less than my new company, higher excess, higher windscreen excess, they have scrapped me driving any persons car.

Pays to shop around and not stick to one company every year.

Cant believe that means I have had my ZS for a year now, will have to buy him a present..........:love:

haGGard
29-01-11, 03:15 PM
I have never once gone with a renewal quote, unless i was happy with them and they could beat i quote i got elsewhere. My renewal was 1535 pounds. Got it for 870 in the end with admiral. It does pay to have a look around!

peterzs
29-01-11, 04:01 PM
I used to go to an insurace broker, stayed with him for 10 years always stayed with the same company and thought, no claims must mean something.

Then I tried Direct Line, was about half what I was paying, now every year I shop around and nearly always have taken out ins with a new company.

Cant see how it works, your already set up in your existing company, can see your past record, but means nought.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

rickyyates
29-01-11, 04:59 PM
I paid ?345 with full no claims on a mk2 180, this year.I tried to shop around but nobody even came close, managed to get them down from ?395 as well.That was with Aviva.

fastmike
29-01-11, 05:20 PM
Insurance has gone stupid ..... and I dont know if you guys are aware but every time you ask for a quote ,most insurance companys now credit check you .....even if your paying it all as a lump sum.....if you get a lot of quotes you,l get credit checked a lot , this shows up on your credit file and can ( will) affect any application you may make ( for a car on HP or a credit card ) etc.

nick_1973
29-01-11, 05:28 PM
My mk1 180 is ?337 through esure

.....but i am an old git with loads of no claims :thumbsup:

Bobdope2002
29-01-11, 07:22 PM
mine has droped about ?40 after tommorow cant say why though nudge nudge wink wink

Dan1971
07-03-11, 04:28 PM
Bl00dy Hell !!!!

Got a renewal through for the chug along - ?415 !!! - Chr1st ! I'm 40 have never made a claim and live in a decent area. god only knows what it would have been with a 180.

Apparently premiums have seen a rise of around 40%. Time to "go compare"

Jem
07-03-11, 05:18 PM
Mine is ?406 thats with chris knott,It went up by ?15.

mattie007
07-03-11, 09:14 PM
?200 with Chris Knott :D

F3NMG
07-03-11, 09:23 PM
For those with partners i found Admiral multicar saved me fortune. My gf past her test in November and we pay around a grand for my 05 180 and her 1.7 puma combined. Her renewal with elephant, who are the same bloody company was 1300 quid!

Sorry, Yank keyboards in work do not have pound signs!!

Nor
07-03-11, 10:06 PM
?200!!!

SticklesMickles
08-03-11, 04:38 PM
Mine jumped up around ?100 to ?580 (renewal last month)

Rang up Greenlight who basically told me that they could get nowhere near swiftcover.coms price of ?515 (best price i found from confused.com)

Greenlight said all they could do was delete the lost keys cover from the account which would save me ?15

So i went to change to SwiftCover, and upon checking out the terms and conditions, they had in large text that they dont cover insurance write offs?

Bollocks!

I couldn't be bothered to shop around again (it was due the following day) so i just renewed with Greenlight.

Reminds me that my new lost key cover keyring has not been sent out, i bet the gits removed it anyway.

They also knocked me back from instalments as i missed a payment last year when i was closing my business down and i was busy transfering funds about.

So i just paid the total in full, their loss!

Dan1971
09-03-11, 09:09 AM
Bl00dy Hell !!!!

Got a renewal through for the chug along - ?415 !!! - Chr1st ! I'm 40 have never made a claim and live in a decent area. god only knows what it would have been with a 180.

Apparently premiums have seen a rise of around 40%. Time to "go compare"

Well tried all the on-line bits etc etc - Aviva weren't bad but wanted another ?40 to protect it. Chris Knott - with a .org discount was ?480 !

Ended up going back to First direct through Equity Red star - my current insurers - they had quoted ?415 for the renewal - knocked off some of the add ons, but the excess stayed at ?150 and now down to ?350.

Shocking really as I thought with getting last years for ?280 on the V6 I'd be looking at ?200 ish ..... No such luck. God help you younger guys with a V6 when the time comes.

Jem
09-03-11, 10:48 AM
Dan what mods have you done to your derv?

marts66
09-03-11, 11:38 AM
My sister and her hubby have just bought a Corsa as a second car/runabout for ?500 and managed to get insurance for ?200. When they asked how much to put their eldest son on they were quoted...............................

........................... ?7,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hump:

grimmy
09-03-11, 12:07 PM
My sister and her hubby have just bought a Corsa as a second car/runabout for ?500 and managed to get insurance for ?200. When they asked how much to put their eldest son on they were quoted...............................

........................... ?7,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hump:
An absolute disgrace another blatant description of rip off Britain these people are just going to bring the country to a standstill and that will be it all over for britain.

caled
09-03-11, 12:25 PM
Given that the insurance companies have just been told that cheaper insurance for women is illegal, I wonder how long it will take before someone challeneges the blatant age discrimination.

Dan1971
09-03-11, 04:08 PM
Dan what mods have you done to your derv?

None ....

Dan1971
09-03-11, 04:11 PM
Given that the insurance companies have just been told that cheaper insurance for women is illegal, I wonder how long it will take before someone challeneges the blatant age discrimination.

No-one will get anything cheaper though ....it'll just all go up.

With the men V women thing - it's not like they're gonna give blokes cheaper insurance, the women's insurance will go up. age-wise - older adults will just go up to match the extortionate prices for the youngsters.

magpie67
09-03-11, 06:16 PM
?401.01 with Swiftcover !!