PDA

View Full Version : zs diesel top speed ?

roverdave81
31-01-11, 12:03 AM
Rite ppl js wanted to kno what the top speed of a zs td should be around as opened my up on the way home last nite and hit 115 in 5th at 4000rpm

WXM Matty
31-01-11, 12:25 AM
I got 115mph out of my ZS 120 on my way past a school

Srs though if your going to ask questions like that you could at least use a bit of intelligence and say your thinking of tracking it or your just curious I'm pretty sure the roads on the way home to your house dont have 115mph speed limit.

ZS
31-01-11, 07:51 AM
I had the ZS 101 TDi to an indicated 135mph on Goodwood Circuit once or twice... now got the ZS 180, although not done a top speed run in that yet, am thinking of another Goodwood day in it though...

115mph on Public roads in the UK is rather stupid if you ask me... Keep that sort of speeds to the track and above all else be safe :)

peterzs
31-01-11, 08:56 AM
Looks like Goodwood for me as well ZS, too late now to upset Stamford on the next Goodwood MGCC MG's on Track day, fully booked.

Never had a top speed out of mine, does go and carries on but the blue lights flashing away, slowed me down a bit last time. :oops::oops::slap::blush:

What we want is someone that can do their sums, speed per 1000 rev in 5th. x rev limiter ?? 4600??

Surprised me round Brands, the straights arnt that long, and you dont get much time to look at the speedo, but I think it was only about 90 odd along the pit straight. Unless I was just slow!!!

ZS
31-01-11, 08:59 AM
Peter, its all to do with exit speed of the corner before the straight as to how fast you get down the straight ;)

Goodwood is a nice fast circuit, would love to get back out :)

Although looks like I'm getting to mix with the TVR's again in the summer... so must mod my car to make it faster again ;)

peterzs
31-01-11, 09:09 AM
Been round Goodwood in a 38 ton Volvo artic, that was loaded, instructor wouldnt let me overtake the slower artic in front.

Thruxton is the one to do, straight there seems to go on for ever.

Could never get that entry right at Brands, up the hill behind the pits, left, right, where the road gone??? Every time it was always a bit hit and miss, thats why I go out on Novice days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Know my limitations.

:yikes::yikes:

ZS
31-01-11, 09:13 AM
Had a similar corner at Castle Combe...

IIRC it went, right, left bump (car almost takes off), right.... crap no stearing as just come off the bump... crap theres a wall heading towards me very quickly...

lol just got round that corner the first time... It did teach me to break BEFORE that bump in future :) lol

Another brown trouser moment was mid corner *BANG* followed by black smoke out the back of the car and no power... meaning car spiun out :) - No damage and turns out it was the intercooler hose popping off... Limped back to the pits, grab a friend with an MGF and take a quick drive down to local B&Q to get a new jubillee clip, then back out on track again :)

peterzs
31-01-11, 09:26 AM
All good clean fun.

p_b82
31-01-11, 09:26 PM
the max engine rated speed was technically 4200 rpm and that equates to 115mph iirc... on the 101 map.

if you throw in more torque up top and dont mind going up to the redline then you can get quite a bit more than that.

the gearing is about 25mph per 1k iirc and 2000 is about 55mph and 3000 about 80