PDA

View Full Version : Fitted Catch Tank

georgiansoccer
15-10-07, 06:29 PM
Fitted the little oil catch tank today I got from masher on xpowerforums. Looks a very neat install

Took the induction kit apart and cleaned the oil from the filter. hopefully the catch tank will stop this from happening in the future.

Mat C
15-10-07, 07:49 PM
Hmm, am i right in thinking that this little gizmo can help to prevent VIS failure by stopping oil seepage ?

Being totaly honest and baring in mind i don't know a lot about engines and all the bits connected to it - how easy is this to fit ?

Leasky
15-10-07, 08:36 PM
looks good mate
any catch tank does the trick i got mine all set up ready to get installed even made a custom bracket for it a yellow hose

arwilson80
15-10-07, 09:59 PM
You went for the little dinky one.... i wish had done the same now. Mine is ready to fit as weeks but i've never got around to it again. :(

Smokey
15-10-07, 11:03 PM
certainly something I've wanted to do since getting the car...something else to add to the list!

DeMoNPauL
15-10-07, 11:58 PM
To anyone who is fitting one or thinking of fitting one do not use ordinary silicone hose.

It collapses under pressure.

Samco do a fuel/oil type of hose which is recommended.

If you aint bothered about the colour of the hose you can buy fuel/oil reinforced hose from halfords in black.