PDA

View Full Version : Mk2 Saloon Boot install.

Dan1971
03-02-11, 07:02 PM
As per the photo and all fittings/wiring to go with it.

As far as I'm aware there are 2 subs and an amp. All I know about them is what you can see in the photo. Stevelou5 may be able to help out. He's trying to dig out the details and I'm sure he'll update anyone who sends him a pm or this post with any info.

From what i can see the subs are "Boss Chaos 250W" x 2 and a "t1 audio ls500 2" amp.

All good and you can have the carpet etc, so long as I can have your carpet to replace it.

As you can see, it still leaves huge boot space down the centre. The bag of clubs is full size.

Offers invited as I've got no idea what it's worth. I'm thinking with the boxes already done that it may be worth a few quid, but you decide. I'm not an "ICE" man.

I think the actual bits are about ?100 worth - plus the boxes, carpets etc - so make an offer. You are invited to see it working - sorry to members up North - and if you want it, you have to come for it - pay for it - then remove it.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii58/danlaualex/boot002.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii58/danlaualex/boot001.jpg

BUCKYDEVIL
03-02-11, 07:30 PM
Damn,, wish I was closer to you I would have that ,looks a great setup and a bargain for someone.
Good luck with the sale.

ZS
03-02-11, 08:59 PM
Dan, how is it affixed to the car?

I'm interested in it myself... :)

Dan1971
03-02-11, 09:02 PM
Dan, how is it affixed to the car?

I'm interested in it myself... :)

No idea mate ..... I'll have a root around in there tomorrow.

ZS
04-02-11, 12:27 PM
No idea mate ..... I'll have a root around in there tomorrow.

Did you manage to get a look Dan? :)

Dan1971
04-02-11, 12:49 PM
Did you manage to get a look Dan? :)

I did mate, but there only appears to be a few screws visible. I don't know what they go into and I've not got a camera handy to take a pic and post. you could have a look at Stevelou5's posts/threads and see if there is any detail on there. That's what I'm off to do now.

ZS
04-02-11, 12:56 PM
I did mate, but there only appears to be a few screws visible. I don't know what they go into and I've not got a camera handy to take a pic and post. you could have a look at Stevelou5's posts/threads and see if there is any detail on there. That's what I'm off to do now.

Cool thankyou :)

Got some fitted already pal, but they need a refurb .... Here's a thought though .... If you've got a set, and fancy my boot install, I'd do a swap with you ?

The set I have definetly need a refurb... however They are just sitting there taking up valuable space in my garage, so I'd be happy to swap them for the install :)

Only trouble is this... my carpet is nowhere near as neat or good condition as yours (6 years of buggies in and out etc) - I was trying to make sure that after removing it from your car that it would leave you with a decent carpet...

Dan1971
04-02-11, 01:01 PM
Cool thankyou :)

The set I have definetly need a refurb... however They are just sitting there taking up valuable space in my garage, so I'd be happy to swap them for the install :)

Only trouble is this... my carpet is nowhere near as neat or good condition as yours (6 years of buggies in and out etc) - I was trying to make sure that after removing it from your car that it would leave you with a decent carpet...

Excellent - means I can have a go at refurbing myself and messing about with colours !!!! Do they have tyres on ?

Sure the carpet'd clean up OK .... So - what do we do now then ? Portsmouth ain't really just around the corner.

ZS
04-02-11, 01:13 PM
Excellent - means I can have a go at refurbing myself and messing about with colours !!!! Do they have tyres on ?

Sure the carpet'd clean up OK .... So - what do we do now then ? Portsmouth ain't really just around the corner.

Well your 75 mile away.

I know I can fit the wheels in the ZS boot fine (yes all four in the saloon)... so I don't mind driving to you :)

Up to you though... when is best?

As for tyres... yes... and Legal IIRC.. but will double check later :)

Dan1971
04-02-11, 01:27 PM
Well your 75 mile away.

I know I can fit the wheels in the ZS boot fine (yes all four in the saloon)... so I don't mind driving to you :)

Up to you though... when is best?

As for tyres... yes... and Legal IIRC.. but will double check later :)

Well that was easy !!!

Anytime you want really mate ..... I work during the week but can vary my shifts if that's easier for you or weekends.

ZS
04-02-11, 05:00 PM
How much notice do you need Dan? Theres a possibility I might be able to come up on Sunday afternoon (not 100% sure yet :))

Dan1971
04-02-11, 05:36 PM
Sunday is ok, but I wont be back from Golf until 5pm. It might be dark by then.

Saturday will be better, but I'm flexible as you are the one doing all the miles.

ZS
04-02-11, 06:29 PM
Thats fine :)

Can you PM me your Address and mobile number please?

I'll confirm tomorrow if thats okay? :)

Thanks Dan

Dan1971
07-02-11, 07:28 PM
Gone .....