PDA

View Full Version : just serviced ny dads zs td

roverdave81
04-02-11, 10:59 AM
Had time so went a serviced my dads zs td today as he hasnt had one done for 30k change oil oil filter fuel filter and air filter which was black couldnt have been doing anything also noticed that the car felt flat at low rev so cleaned the maf and adjusted the boost a bit also i noticed that the cable for the gas pedal had a lot of play in it so adjusted that then told him to take it a run needless to say he came home with a smile on his face said it never drove that smooth and pull a lots quicker so job well done

Dan1971
04-02-11, 12:22 PM
Good man -

peterzs
04-02-11, 01:02 PM
Bet that old oil came out black and sticky.

Cant beat a good service, goes better and I bet his mpg will be better.

:happy2::happy2:

roverdave81
04-02-11, 01:18 PM
Yeah the oil was like tar he said after he took it for a spin it was better to drive than when he got it

peterzs
04-02-11, 03:07 PM
If the MAF was bit off, plus you pushing the boost up he will be picking up points if he dosnt keep an eye on his speedo.

:yes::yes::yes:

roverdave81
04-02-11, 03:22 PM
Ha Ha Ha he has been driven 47 years never had any points or ever had a crash he is the sunday driver the fastest he has ever been was just over a ton when i was driving but i better warn my mum as can see her gettin points

tb steve
04-02-11, 08:50 PM
noob question
how do you turn up the boost is it as easy as turning a screw or something

Ritchy
04-02-11, 09:11 PM
theres an adjustment nut on the turbo actuator rod^
tips for future servicing if its not been serviced for a long time:) get the car really hot, as this means the oil will become really viscios(runny) and will drain a lot better, then if you get some cheap oil, put about 2 1/2 - 3 litres in, run it for about 15 seconds(make sure the oil light is extinguished, re-drain and then put your nice fresh oil in:) this gets the majority of the old oil out the oil gallerys ect as you've probably noticed the oils still looks black on the dipstick:P, not nescisary but means your fresh oil stays cleaner for longer:) esp if its a big service interval