PDA

View Full Version : The Green Meany

Captain Bluebear
04-02-11, 04:45 PM
http://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll326/piscisvisio/MG%20ZS/R0016538.jpg

Well I'm not sure it's really a wip but I thought I'd let you all know how things are going so far.

Since buying the car just before Christmas she's had a fair bit of cash spent on her.

First the Cam belts & the water pump have been changed, the MG was on 55,000 when I bought & the previous owner had never had the belts changed. It's just as well I got the job done because one of the belt tensioners was found to be damaged.

http://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll326/piscisvisio/MG%20ZS/thisone.jpg

Also a grumbly near side front wheel bearing was replaced at the same time, but there was still a rumbling noise coming from the rear.
The guys who done the cambelts said it might be the tyres. So today she went in for a pair of new boots & Powerflow exhaust, the old system was starting to blow as well!:laugh:

http://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll326/piscisvisio/MG%20ZS/R0016537.jpg

The tyre fitter confirmed that the rears were shot & explained that the rubber on the inside edge was cracked & that would allow water into the interior of the tyre carcass where it would corrode the steel banding & allow the tyre to deform. I also splashed out on a four wheel alignment while the car was there as well.

I've also replaced the tired MG badges with spanky new ones.

The next jobs are to fit a oil catch tank, uprate the air filter, clutch upgrade & I'll probably change the discs & pads in the near future too.
There's some cosmetic jobs to be done but they'll have to wait until I'm happy with the car mechanically.

But for now the car is rumble free & sounding fab with it's new zorst. :bigsmile:

andys1981
04-02-11, 05:55 PM
nice mate,dunno what it is but i just cant get into the hatchback versions,cos ive had a saloon,maybe if i wasnt so fussy i would be back in one eh lol

nick_1973
04-02-11, 06:00 PM
How much was the 'zorst?

mattie007
04-02-11, 06:04 PM
Looks great!

Captain Bluebear
04-02-11, 06:31 PM
nice mate,dunno what it is but i just cant get into the hatchback versions,cos ive had a saloon,maybe if i wasnt so fussy i would be back in one eh lol

Tbf, I've already decided that when I come to replace this I think I'd like a MKII saloon in Black or Grey. :D

How much was the 'zorst?

?250 for the catback system & about 2-3hrs to fit.

Where do I find the colour code? I need to change the rear spoiler as it's a darker shade of green to the rest of the car. I suspect that the original one was damaged & they (the previous owners) replaced it with what I assume is a BRG spoiler.

nick_1973
04-02-11, 06:38 PM
I think its Le Mans green, paint code is HFN

Captain Bluebear
04-02-11, 07:08 PM
Thank you. :D

I'll see if I can find a matching spoiler, if not I'll get this one painted.

Dan1971
04-02-11, 08:48 PM
Very nice mate ... Exhaust looks good too.

peterzs
05-02-11, 10:06 AM
Where do I find the colour code? I need to change the rear spoiler as it's a darker shade of green to the rest of the car. I suspect that the original one was damaged & they (the previous owners) replaced it with what I assume is a BRG spoiler.

Think the colour code is on a sticker on the front pass B post.

Cars looking great, lucky the tensioner didnt cut the belts up.

:happy2::happy2:

ian zs180
05-02-11, 10:35 AM
Looks great mate

dida4g
05-02-11, 12:12 PM
Very nice :smile1:

Captain Bluebear
13-02-11, 03:28 PM
Thought I'd give the leather portions of the interior a dose of leather treatment today & I found a couple of small tears in the drivers bolster. :(

http://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll326/piscisvisio/MG%20ZS/R0016539.jpg

I've sent off an email request for a quote from a local smart repair company today, so I'll see if it's a viable repair or it's easier to source another seat.

Sigh, the todo list gets longerer! :rofl:

Maxfly
13-02-11, 04:41 PM
looking tidy there fella, very lucky getting the belts done when you did:) Wonder what you will be quoted to sort the seats, worth keeping in mind for myself at some point i reckon:)

Captain Bluebear
13-02-11, 04:49 PM
I'll let you know what price they come back with. If it's more than ?50 I think I'll source another seat or... I might rob the MG TF full leather seats out of my R100! :D

daytona365
13-02-11, 05:55 PM
Cars looking good..............

Captain Bluebear
15-02-11, 09:10 PM
I'm depressed. :(

Somethings are showing up that are suggesting my car was suffered a small shunt in it's life, I suspect in the heavy snow we had last year prior to me buying the car.

The drivers side corner of the front bumper has come away, it looks like the portion where its fixed to the body is broken & was just held in with tiger seal.
I started looking aound the car more & i realised the leading edge corner on the bonnet is slightly bent down, suggesting again a shunt.

The rear bumper has a slightly different texture on one corner suggesting it was blown in too.

I dread to think what I'm going to find when I take the front bumper off.:sad:

Oh & I got the quote back to fix the two small tears in the drivers bolster. ?85.