PDA

View Full Version : some water beading pics

Steves Cleenz
16-10-07, 03:41 PM
gave my car the full exterior works the weekend 4hr work of paint correction and then topped off with the Zymol, and this is the way the watr stays on the car after this

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11/200bubs/PICT0007-8.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11/200bubs/PICT0006-6.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11/200bubs/PICT0005-11.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11/200bubs/PICT0004-14.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11/200bubs/PICT0003-14.jpg

bit boring pics but i just found it cool the way that the watr stays on the car LOL

the only thing about having a car this polished is that when you turn left with the drivers window open you get soaked

stamford
16-10-07, 03:56 PM
I get the same when I use AquaWax, sod that, 4 hours! :laugh: got better things to do ;)

Steves Cleenz
16-10-07, 04:05 PM
you might get the same with aqua wax but that will only last a few weeks at a push, this will last easy 1 year, 4 hours is nothing when you think about how much work has gone into this job

My 48 Stage Detail i offer

1. Rinse vehicle with filtered water
2. Spray degreaser on entire car
3. Repeat rinse
4. Wash top half of vehicle with warm water and shampoo
5. Repeat rinse
6. Wash top half of vehicle with warm water and shampoo
7. Repeat rinse
8. Spray citrus cleaner inside arches
9. Repeat rinse
10. Decontaminate paint and windows with a clay bar
11. Repeat rinse
12. Wash entire car with warm water and shampoo mix
13. Repeat rinse
14. Dry vehicle with microfibre towels
15. Apply wheel cleaner and brush
16. Repeat rinse
17. Turn wheels 180 degrees
18. Reapply wheel cleaner and brush
19. Repeat rinse
20. Dry the wheels
21. Dry the door, engine and boot edges
22. Blow compressed air in cracks and towel dry
23. Pre-wax cleaner to paintwork
24. Remove pre-wax cleaner with towel
25. Fine wax applied to paintwork
26. Remove wax
27. Buff windows
28. Windows cleaned inside and out
29. Interior vacuumed thoroughly
30. Clean interior trim
31. Clean and shampoo carpets and mats
32. Clean leather
33. Dry leather with cotton towels
34. Condition leather and buff
35. Pre-wax cleaner to door edges
36. Condition and preserve door rubbers
37. Fine wax applied to door edges
38. Tyres dried to a satin finish
39. Exterior trim cleaned and conditioned
40. Clean wheels using clay bar
41. Clean and polish wheels
42. Pre-wax cleaner to wheels
43. Wheel sealant applied to wheels
44. Buff off the wheels with a small microfibre cloth
45. Windows cleaned inside and out again
46. Additional layer of Fine wax applied
47-48. Buffed twice to leave a deep gloss finish

:punk::punk:

KevG
16-10-07, 06:37 PM
Sod that!!!

Clay bar a car that'll take you about 3-4hrs alone, if done properly!!!, I just take it over to my mates and get the machine polisher out, since he is a professional car painter!!
Also using filtered water, come on!!!, where on earth are you gonna filter your own tap water.

Mat C
16-10-07, 06:49 PM
There's no wonder we have water shortages with a madness procedure like that !

chriszs180
16-10-07, 06:58 PM
and i thought when i take it to the local hand car wash for a £5 i spent to much time.........

no i do wash it my self but some times......

Mat C
16-10-07, 07:01 PM
I generaly hand wash mine once a week and chamois it off and then once a month do a full valet using Autoglym on everything inside and out plus black colour magic polish to hide the everyday things that washing and normal polishing alone can't hide !

stamford
16-10-07, 08:52 PM
That's dedication and a professional for you, fair play, but not for me, my back would go and I'll be no good to man or beast!

Southern Storm
16-10-07, 08:57 PM
Wow. Love the effect and to be fair I can see why you want to preserve that paint job. I can get very anal when it comes to cleaning a car but in the end impatience gets the better of me.
Appreciate your efforts dude.

stamford
16-10-07, 09:08 PM
When you have done as many car shows as I have over the years, you get to the point and say 'why?' I have spent hours getting cars ready for concours events, my favourite being a restored Vauxhall Magnum Coupe in racing livery, that was a real peach, but when you are younger you are more supple :laugh:

arwilson80
16-10-07, 10:03 PM
Mama-mia... 48 steps!!! :yikes: 2 steps normally does me: 1 - wash 2 - dry. :)

It does look good though. :)

mrt_04
16-10-07, 10:59 PM
Thats professional dedication for you......fair play.
Me......for £12 I get 10,000 Azebianians descent upon the car & job done in 10mins.....may not be totally gleaming (I polish it later after a blast to dry it)...........but 20mins later its dirty again!!!
Black ZS Mk.2..........never have a black car again...never :sad:

sduk
16-10-07, 11:13 PM
reeally great effort and top pics, look brilliant quality! im happy with a wash and shammy on mine :D

Steves Cleenz
16-10-07, 11:26 PM
Sod that!!!

Clay bar a car that'll take you about 3-4hrs alone, if done properly!!!, I just take it over to my mates and get the machine polisher out, since he is a professional car painter!!
Also using filtered water, come on!!!, where on earth are you gonna filter your own tap water.

since this is my job i take pride in my work and offer all my customers a top quality service, one thing is by using filtered water as where i live the water is very very hard probably one of the hardest in the country and to combat this i use a water filter that purifies the water to take out the hardness

here is a picture of a reverse osmossis/deionised water filter

http://www.melevsreef.com/pics/rodi/filter_desc.jpg

stamford
17-10-07, 07:28 AM
Impressive stuff.....................dare I ask for the menu :huh:

al_roverMG
17-10-07, 08:41 AM
Sorry but i thought this is how EVERYONE washed their car. Way i see it a day spent giving it the good once over 3 or 4 times a year followed by a good wash and wax top up every so often keeps what is the second most expensive thing you own (after your house) as it should look.

I mean i spent a fair few quid (ok i got the whole price of it taken off the screen price of mine) on getting my car dimonbrite treated. It is like a permanent hard wax which means it is just a case of washing and then the occasional top up with megs gold class. Also means no need to clay the car as the contaminants dont stick they just wash off. never seen tree sap just wash of the car before but trust me it does.

Top job there though mate and love the water filter. Could do with one of those down here as water here is super hard.