PDA

View Full Version : This could get dangerous...

Maxxed_Ross
06-02-11, 08:27 AM
After seeing the topgear artic Hilux in the other thread I went for a brows of the Artic Trucks site that built it in 2007, and I've hit a bit of a problem

http://www.arctictrucks.com/Frontpage/Brands/Toyota/Hilux/AT35-15-Wheels

Stuff the Defender, I want one of these next :rb:

Ritchy
06-02-11, 08:59 AM
love it! wonder if theyde do the ranger:P

Maxxed_Ross
06-02-11, 09:41 AM
I've already emailed them asking for a price list and a quote to convert a Defender hehe

Yampiedog
06-02-11, 09:46 AM
I accept no responsibility for any of your actions or expenses incurred.....;)

Maxxed_Ross
06-02-11, 09:47 AM
I don't expect you to dude. I quickly looked into it when I still had my Defender but when I sold it I lost interest.

I'm planning on getting another 4x4 next year so one of these might be on the cards as long as the price isn't too scary

Maxxed_Ross
07-02-11, 02:05 PM
Right heard back from them today, and the basic conversion is only 13,000 EUR. I dodn't think that's actually too bad when you consider I spent not far away from that on My Defender and it wasn't half the animal this thing will be

All I need to do is supply a base car, and I've found the perfect one

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2452200.htm

Unfortunatley the options list has lots of tasty bits on it... so I can see the conversion being nearer 20,000 EUR lol

Plus I've no idea how to actually get the truck to Iceland and back, or how much the tax is going to be - if there is any - on bringing it back so heavily modified... or even if it'll be road legal over here.

I assume if I start with a UK truck it sound be simple enough and it won't need an SVA test or anything daft like that?

Ritchy
07-02-11, 04:15 PM
wish i had that much money im struggling to find ?20 for things these days lol

Maxxed_Ross
07-02-11, 05:21 PM
I won't be doing this until next year at the earliest, and will likely need to sell 1 if not two of the current toys to fund it