PDA

View Full Version : how much should i expect to pay

fiestaturbo1984
06-02-11, 08:20 PM
to have my eml diagnosed at a dealer. it has an intermitant misfire and i have checked plugs which have bee replaced, renewed ht leads and also coilpacks just to be on the safe side.light is still on so before i spend anymore i want to have it checked out.

MG ZS STE
06-02-11, 09:39 PM
you in the AA or similar? they'l come out and diagnose EMS light for you if you're a member for free. alternatively get yourself a second hand scangauge for a bit more than you'de pay a garage to hook up your car to a diagnostics computer. and you get to keep the scangauge.

Misfire could be coilpack.

fiestaturbo1984
06-02-11, 09:54 PM
have just ordered a fault code reader from the bay of e for ?25 so that should hopefully shed some light. also i have tried some coilpacks but to no avail, misfire is still there

peterzs
07-02-11, 09:45 AM
Have you checked and cleaned the crank and cam sensors??

Dont know much about your engine as my one is a derv, but reading on here they do give problems if they get oily.

Hows your fluid levels, coolant not going anywhere??

Best of luck with it.

fiestaturbo1984
07-02-11, 04:47 PM
very strange, eml went out today although the misfire is still there every now and then. i have fitted new leads, tried new coils.plugs are new but not sure if they have been gapped properly so will do that. have removed and cleaned cam sensor but not crank yet, sprayed carb cleaner directly into throttle body. i noticed yesterday that the multiplug for the evaporator or whatever its called was unplugged so plugged it back it but no change