PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of 300c's ?

midcuk
08-02-11, 08:01 AM
My mate is selling his 300c (business car) and as he knows im a car fan he offered it to me at a really cheap price, for the price i am sorely tempted seems to good to miss

it is the SRT 5.7 hemi engine
startek body kit and 24" chrome wheels

looks very nice and i am sure it will shift, especially as there are loads of modifications for the engine.

couple of things putting me off though
main two are
1. its a dodgem car (i like my gears)
2. cant really afford it anyway

anyone got any opinions on them ?

chris

ZS
08-02-11, 08:19 AM
Well for those two reasons I personally would say no...

Also, build quality of those cars seems shocking, very plastic interiors from the ones I have seen.

Although there is something to be said from a car that a lot of people mistake for a baby Bently... :p

Are you into sporty cars or luxury cars?

midcuk
08-02-11, 08:42 AM
Are you into sporty cars or luxury cars?

bit of both really needs to be a 4 door and "special" if you know what i mean

was thinking of changing my car next year anyway, the list of current cars i fancy from cheap to expensive

mazda 6 mps
evo 7-9
audi a4 avant (maybe s4 but a4 has to be big capacity diesel or petrol)
bmw 535d
vxr8 (maybe a little too expensive if i want a holiday as well :) )

Dan1971
08-02-11, 09:29 AM
Buy it ..... :punk: Love them and IF you can afford the running costs, it'll be great fun.

peterzs
08-02-11, 09:52 AM
Buy it, run it till you've had your fun and filling up the tank takes the smile off your face and then............

Flog it, and hopefully as you bought it at mates rates, wont loose any cash.

Trouble is with my plan, would you get the sale price, we know V6's are struggling and a 5.7 hemi would scare me off. You would have to do a bit of research and see what they go for.

Always bung a few quid your mates way if there is enough cash in it.

:happy::happy::happy:

Ritchy
08-02-11, 12:34 PM
Hemi ones arent worth much, worked on a few, analtenator on a diesel( nightmare) and a few track rod ends abd usual discs pads ect, certainly have a lot of road precence and drive nicely but they are hugr, id rather the 6 mps, but hey we only live once why not own a v8 for a while if ye can

marts66
08-02-11, 01:01 PM
535d, meant to be a great car according to my local garage........bloody bee em double u

Maxxed_Ross
08-02-11, 02:11 PM
I'd have a 300C just for the gangster looks. Got to be black, huge wheels and smoked windows. The Hemi will sound fantastic too

Bus as others have said the built quality can be a bit suspect, and it is American so will be a big soft floppy lump in the twisty stuff.

Depends what you want it for really

midcuk
08-02-11, 02:14 PM
it is black on huge wheels , just been looking what i could get for my 180 and wtf worth peanuts , think ill be keeping it at least until next year, still would be nice to buy the 300c drive it a while and sell for a profit although this would probably annoy him a bit as he would be doing it as a favour

Maxxed_Ross
08-02-11, 02:16 PM
keep the ZS as a weekend plaything then, that way you can cruise around in comfort but still have a toy for going fast

stamford
08-02-11, 03:02 PM
Isn't this the 4 or 8 pot engine depending on demand and mpg etc? So what's the figures for 4 pot running as opposed to the 8? I would just for street presence! :ninja:

Bobdope2002
08-02-11, 03:03 PM
it is black on huge wheels , just been looking what i could get for my 180 and wtf worth peanuts , think ill be keeping it at least until next year, still would be nice to buy the 300c drive it a while and sell for a profit although this would probably annoy him a bit as he would be doing it as a favour

ZS180's are worth nothing mate

although i think the mk2 will become quite a rare car soon because theyre coming up to the date where expensive repairs are due and no one wants to pay for them

i say keep the ZS if you can afford it

k7ngt
08-02-11, 03:31 PM
two words......American barge...

plus most repairs have to be done at main dealers as most code readers wont read the 300c's software

andyhog
10-02-11, 07:34 PM
i had my mates 300c for a week when he was away stunning car really smooth , drinks the fuel , but looks cool , build quality not the best but would i own one , yes if i could get it for the right money ,