PDA

View Full Version : saloon or hatch

andys1981
11-02-11, 04:26 AM
right all you guys know am after a zs,saloons are basically all in england,am fussy have ma heart set on a saloon,but with the two kids etc hatch will be better,or thats what am trying to say to myself,theres plenty out there,get digging lol,need a zs pleeeeeesssssseeeee help,must be a garage as its on finance booo,much appreciated guys

Leigh_EvoIX
11-02-11, 12:13 PM
Get a saloon... Much nicer looking.

Also finance is rubbish.... Can you not get a loan from your bank? You'll probably get a better interest rate and no worry about HPI problems if you decide to sell it before you repay. Just my opinion.

Scarab
11-02-11, 12:32 PM
Get a Saloon, I had a hatch and switched to a saloon, the huuuuge boot is so much better, seriously.

Also, when its cold and you've put the kids in the car, you can open the boot without blasting them with freezing air while you dump all the shopping etc in the back. Very practical ya see?

Nor
11-02-11, 12:36 PM
I prefer the styling of the saloon. Hatch is quite useful if you have oversized stuff you need to store in the back though.

grimmy
11-02-11, 12:43 PM
Hang on for a saloon andy you know if you buy a hatch you will just be settling for what you can get not what you want

ZS
11-02-11, 12:46 PM
I'm a father of two (3 years old and 4 years old) and have a saloon ZS180.

No issues whatsoever and easy to go on holiday with them, the boot is huge (same load space as a ZT) fits everything I need for the kids and more!

Buy a Saloon!

KevG
11-02-11, 12:47 PM
right all you guys know am after a zs,saloons are basically all in england,am fussy have ma heart set on a saloon,but with the two kids etc hatch will be better,or thats what am trying to say to myself,theres plenty out there,get digging lol,need a zs pleeeeeesssssseeeee help,must be a garage as its on finance booo,much appreciated guys

Hang on for a saloon andy you know if you buy a hatch you will just be settling for what you can get not what you want

Buy Grimmy's he is always trying to off load his dude.

wackyschild
11-02-11, 12:47 PM
:unsure: Looks like I'm on my own here preferring the Hatch..

haGGard
11-02-11, 12:48 PM
I originally wanted a saloon, but got a hatch because as already said, it was available at the time.

Tho tbh its grown on me, its still the biggest boot ive ever owned.

andys1981
11-02-11, 12:48 PM
saloon it is then,thats what i want right enough,al just wait then lol,cheers for the replys guys!

Jem
11-02-11, 12:49 PM
Got to say saloon does looks nice,I cant comment on a saloon but the hatch has plenty of room i just got the one kid and me of course lol

ZS
11-02-11, 12:49 PM
Andy... Get a loan and buy Danny's Sunspot Yellow ZS :D:D Go on! You know you want to ;)

andys1981
11-02-11, 12:50 PM
mate if finances were available i would have a zs by now lol

ZS
11-02-11, 12:56 PM
mate if finances were available i would have a zs by now lol

Finances... ha I know what you mean!

I'm getting to the stange where I'm thinking about selling the ZS and getting a 216 Coupe... just to cut monthly costs (if I had the initial outlay I'd get the 216 and garage the ZS...)

Huffy
11-02-11, 12:59 PM
Buy Grimmy's he is always trying to off load his dude.

"off load his dude"...... I dont think he'll thankyou for saying that! lol:spank:

R8NMG
11-02-11, 01:58 PM
Have owned both. The saloon boot is bigger than hatch. The hatch is good for oversize items where you will need to remove the parcel shelf. Otherwise the saloon can comfortably swallows prams, shopping etc. On a recent holiday with two thirds of the back seat down. My saloon fitted 4 large 23kg suitcases, 2 hand luggages and 3 adults.

jockfraz
11-02-11, 04:41 PM
i would love a saloon but we have a big dog so not really fair to him lol

ZS
11-02-11, 04:49 PM
i would love a saloon but we have a big dog so not really fair to him lol

Whenever the dog comes out in my car she sits in the front :)

Ok... I mean a Lurcher a real dog... :ohmy::ohmy:

grimmy
11-02-11, 06:32 PM
"off load his dude"...... I dont think he'll thankyou for saying that! lol:spank:

Never trying to offload just willing to sell her on to someone who can give her the t.l.c she deserves.

Craig
11-02-11, 07:44 PM
Saloon every time. Hatch is too close to the civic genes for me. Saying that, jimzs180's old mk2 ty 180 hatch was facking gorgeous.

Dan1971
11-02-11, 09:19 PM
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii58/danlaualex/NewZSDiesel005.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii58/danlaualex/RedZed001.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii58/danlaualex/SnowyWinter200910057.jpg

They both look the nutz. (And .... Jeez have i owned some great looking cars ! )

If you need to do tip runs or have a dog - get a hatch. If you don't - pick the one you like best.

Not rocket science but between you and Phate - the pair of you need to man up - stop gassing about it and just bloody buy one !

Ritchy
11-02-11, 09:35 PM
i like the saloon better (hence how i bought one) think the back looks better being longer, as said hatch is probably more practical with the bigger opening but saloons boot is cavernous, and had a lot of stuff in my car in the past and its been fine, id wait till the right one comes up as they always do, just before i passed my test said i wanted a zs 1.6, mk2, with the full kit, grey matrix seat, saloon with the big spoiler and the 11 spokes, and the next day one got traded in at work was mega pleased lol

MG ZS STE
11-02-11, 10:51 PM
Saloon, but a MK2 saloon. ;)

Huffy
11-02-11, 11:39 PM
The hatch looks to much like a 45 from the rear.......

Ritchy
12-02-11, 02:08 AM
i do like the hatch, love hamish's mk1 t.b. hatch, its mint! but still prefer the saloon

daveronimo
12-02-11, 09:06 AM
You could buy my zs, it's a wonderfully practical hatch. No matter how big a boot a saloon has, a hatch is always more practical. The looks thing is subjective, I started out similar to you looking for a saloon but a hatch came up at the right money in the right spec and now I prefer the hatch for looks and practicality. I'm close to you too!

PM me and I'll send you up to date pics if you're interested

mgzsturbo2008
12-02-11, 10:16 AM
You can fit a full size washing machine in a hatch back without even removing the shelf! Me and my mate were amazed!

daytona365
13-02-11, 06:19 PM
Saloon..................Boot is big enough for the shopping and the kids lol!

Andyp53
15-02-11, 07:34 PM
Def get a saloon if you can. I had a hatch before and now have the saloon. So much better to drive. I have 2 kids and the boot is more than big enough.

Craig
15-02-11, 08:23 PM
Does the hatch have a proper centre seatbelt? I remember seeing a few 5 door 45s that had lap belts

haGGard
15-02-11, 08:41 PM
Nah it doesnt have a center seat belt, at least mine doesn't

I want mine to look like this from the rear

http://www.carstyleplus.co.uk/MG_ZS/mg_zs_hatchback.jpg

:punk: