PDA

View Full Version : sell the zs or the zr? stuck for what to do?

kev mocko
13-02-11, 08:38 PM
hi folks,

ive had the lovely zs 180 about six weeks now and i also have a zr 105,which the idea was to give it to the misses for when she passed her test,but at the min she cant afford lessons and to keep taxing and mot,ing and provisionally insuring the zr,but ive owned it upon till now for three years and never ever let me down, it does need a little tidy and spruce up again but thats it and the zs came with a lovely set of multispoke 18s i could put on it ,its done just on 60k,and the zs 180 has just clicked on 99k,with a good history,new clutch and belts done,but i dont know wether to sell the zr or the zs as tax is hefty on the zs and fuel is too a bit,but i love the zs power and the build quality so really dont know which to keep? as its ok aslong as i dont jump on the loud pedal but struggling to decide which one im going to have to part with and which would last me the longest,mileage wise,and theyre both silver too so i cant even pick which is a nicer colour to keep,which one would you keep folks and why? :wall:

Stephen
13-02-11, 08:45 PM
Pretty much everyone on here Especially Andy will say Sell the ZR. He sold his ZS and got a ZR and is itching to get back into a ZS.

Even if the fuel tax etc is alot. how about downgrading to the ZS120 or Diesel 115.

Captain Bluebear
13-02-11, 08:54 PM
Rent a cheap lock up or a corner of a farmers barn & take the ZR of the road until your partner needs it. While it's off the road you can do any little jobs it needs. :)

daytona365
13-02-11, 08:57 PM
Keep the zs!!

Craig
13-02-11, 09:16 PM
105 or 180? No contest. ZS all the way.

petet16
13-02-11, 09:30 PM
Keep the ZS:yes:

wackyschild
13-02-11, 09:35 PM
Say goodbye to the ZR

ZS has to be the better option to keep... at least on here, I imagine the ZR forum may offer different advice :devil:

kev mocko
13-02-11, 09:48 PM
i know folks.i love the zs the way it drives everything and as im 30 on wednesday i keep thinking am i too old to be owning a zr now and the zs is more my age bracket or is that just me?but i love the zs as its been a cracking car but power wise its a let down after ive been in the zs,but the misses is saying ive got to make a choice?or do i try n get a multicar insurance policy and put the zr away and look after it a bit more and keep the zs as an everyday car? the prob i have is for five days a week both cars sit outside the house unused unless i go shopping with the misses,as i have to use the works van all week for work and get the diesel paid also so shes seeing it now as its daft to keep two cars?so im stuck what to do?

wackyschild
13-02-11, 09:53 PM
Joking apart, keep the one that puts the biggest smile on your face on the country lanes ;)

andys1981
13-02-11, 10:08 PM
Pretty much everyone on here Especially Andy will say Sell the ZR. He sold his ZS and got a ZR and is itching to get back into a ZS.

Even if the fuel tax etc is alot. how about downgrading to the ZS120 or Diesel 115.

magic sell the zr mate,seriously sooo miss my old 180

sussex_zr
14-02-11, 10:05 AM
i had a ZR 105 the sold it for ZS 180, now ive got Zr 160, and out of the 3 id have the zs every time. dont sell the zs you will regret it, i cant wait till i get another one

kev mocko
14-02-11, 10:22 AM
what is it you miss about the zs andy? i know the zs seems to drive different to the zr but i like the zr for it being small n sporty,but i wonder if i put a zr 160 engine in what itd set me back? maybe then itd feel a little better than the 1.4?

andys1981
14-02-11, 11:25 AM
what is it you miss about the zs andy? i know the zs seems to drive different to the zr but i like the zr for it being small n sporty,but i wonder if i put a zr 160 engine in what itd set me back? maybe then itd feel a little better than the 1.4?

everything mate,looks,power,handling,interior,dont miss the petrol costs though lol

kev mocko
14-02-11, 05:00 PM
mines the hatch back not the saloon,i still really like it though,

andys1981
14-02-11, 05:05 PM
a had the saloon type,still tempted with a hatch myself

Bobdope2002
14-02-11, 05:10 PM
I got Rid Of My 180 about a fortnight ago and If im honest i dont miss it one bit

Thing is its all about the size of your wallet if you can afford to keep both cars all be it one not insured then go for it or both insured do it

But if like me things are tight personally id say use your noggin and insure the thing thats cheapest to run EG ZR

Probs get flamed to death for saying that on here but with the way things are for most people youve gotta be sensible about things now and owning such a thirsty and expensive vehicle is daft

Bob

big_wasa
14-02-11, 06:11 PM
Keep the zs and the zr will be worth more than a 180 aswell :smart:

talkingcars
14-02-11, 06:59 PM
If you only use your Zed a couple of days a week then the ZS180 is going to cost that much more than the ZR to run.

Personally I have access to a ZS180 and a ZR160, I'd much rather use the 180 everytime.