PDA

View Full Version : Late MK1 with full bodykit for breaking (Trophy Blue)

starfire039
13-02-11, 09:51 PM
This pretty much breaks my heart to do this, but to be honest, I HAVE to raise some money for uni and my travel to New Zealand for my MBA in 2012. Car has been an absolute joy to own and have owned since 27k miles, now done about 48k. Never had any real issues, only fun, and car has been seen in the flesh at meets.

Some details:

-120 1.8
-2004 on a 53 plate
-48k miles
-Cambelt and pump changed in summer
-Serviced every 5k miles
-No tax or MOT (car passed previous MOT with flying colours, but has been off the road since summer, MOT expired end of August).
-Trophy Blue, full 180 body kit. Splitter has damage and will be of no use. No fog lights on the bumper.
- Peco back box, power flow down pipe + mid section (basically cat back + downpipe- all in all cost around ?600, full S/S and 2 years old).
- All doors and panels pristine, very clean and no dings and dents compared to cars of similar age.
- 180 spoiler
- Avon ZZ3s on 3 wheels, can't remember other wheel's tyre, all legal, I think a couple are pretty new, haven't looked in a while as I'm at uni.
- Wheels in good condition.
- All interior in good condition, front seats retrimmed recently and look brand new, no wear whatsoever. Passanger side seat adjuster is broken, can fix it but not at home at the moment.
- Generally treated with respect and even part of the reason the ex had enough because it got all my time and money... washed + polished every weekend. :blink:
- New pads and disks at the front in summer.
- If anyone recalls, a while ago I thought the car suffered from some sort of engine problem due to a "cracking" noise that was consistent with revs (whilst running warm, not cold), this turned out to be the water pump making a noise and when replaced over summer the noise vanished.
- Windy windows, but electric windows.
- No air con

As said, I am feeling pretty sick having to do this. Whilst it needs a new splitter and an MOT, the car has been serviced 3 times in 1 recommended service interval without fail, so if a half decent offer comes along I'll let it go, but I doubt I will get what I want for it judging by current prices. Looks like I'll get a lot more for breaking and it'll help other ZS's stay on the road. I'm sure others who have seen the car would vouch for it's condition and the enthusiasm I had for it.

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1778/stevewyersmgzs003.jpg
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/4388/stevewyersmgzs008.jpg

EDIT: Car is in Chichester, West Sussex. I am currently at uni in Kent, but will be getting storage for the parts pending interested for breaking.
EDIT2: Forgot to mention the car is a 120. Woops!

bigfoot217
14-02-11, 11:31 AM
- Windy windows, but electric windows.

??????

rakester
14-02-11, 11:45 AM
PM sent

fiestaturbo1984
14-02-11, 05:07 PM
i could be interested in both ns doors and bootlid and possible interior depending on price :)

starfire039
14-02-11, 11:30 PM
??????

Sorry, I meant electric sunroof.

starfire039
14-02-11, 11:31 PM
Fiestaturbo1984- I am drawing up a price list for everything at the moment. Already had good interest so breaking might be the answer for me.

lukewood
15-02-11, 01:36 PM
im after the back bumper, passanger side tial light and bootlid. if you could pm me a price thatd be great. thanks

martmykids
15-02-11, 09:06 PM
Hi very interested in exhaust and front lip spoiler pm me if interested.
Does look to good to break bud

WilkoMGZS
16-02-11, 02:10 PM
I really in need of a passenger front wing in trophy blue so would u sell it would make me so happy if u could . Please rust and bubbling is eating my wing . If selling would bring my ZS back to it's former glory

Hambo-180
16-02-11, 03:04 PM
cant believe your thinking bout breaking it mate! What a lovely motor....must be another way to raise funds!

k7ngt
16-02-11, 07:04 PM
If "fiestaturbo1984" drops out im also after a bootlid :D

starfire039
24-02-11, 09:00 PM
Hi all,

sorry to mess about, but I have decided to keep the car, MOT and tax it and sell. If it doesn't sell for ?2k (there are other mk1s on autotrader for the same price that aren't in the same condition as mine) then I will just keep it.

Craig
24-02-11, 09:46 PM
Glad to hear your not breaking it mate, but I think you may have a long wait for 2k. The prices are rock bottom at the moment. I would be happy with a grand for mine!

starfire039
01-03-11, 09:14 PM
if it doesn't sell for 2k then I'm keeping it until it either has someone smash into it or breaks down and cannot be repaired. I just can't justify selling it for a grand.........